Pompano Beach man accused of stealing...

Pompano Beach man accused of stealing from mother

There are 34 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Pompano Beach man accused of stealing from mother. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Authorities have arrested a man they say took advantage of his ailing, elderly mother, stealing about $158,000 from her in cash and property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ret N FLA Mayor

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 Apr 14, 2009
only in the ghetto better known as Pompano
sam

Jupiter, FL

#3 Apr 14, 2009
This should be on all T.V. station around
the world.
Turnip Truck Driver

Decatur, GA

#5 Apr 14, 2009
What a parasitical POS. Hope he does some serious time before he's homeless. Low life scum.
Just Law

Hialeah, FL

#6 Apr 14, 2009
"Estate Planning" on a budget.
Yeah

Hollywood, FL

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Next time make sure there are no other siblings. LMFAO
You Have No Idea

Deerfield Beach, FL

#8 Apr 14, 2009
woody hayes wrote:
"Other family members are now caring for Rose Secolo, who has moved into an assisted living facility."
Here, Mom, we'll take care of you. Just not in our home where we will actually have to lift a finger to assist you. We're going to ship you off to a lovely facility where the haitian women will take care of your every need and we promise to visit at least twice a year.
Did you miss the part of the article that says she suffers from Alzheimers? Caring for an Alzheimers patient can be a 24 hour job. The average home is not equipped, nor does the typical family member/loved one have the patience or training. An assisted living facility is often the safest, most comfortable place for Alzheimer patients.
CSI

AOL

#11 Apr 14, 2009
I KNOW SOME ONE IN BRANDON FL. THATS HAS DONE THE SAME THING, THINK ITS TIME TO GO TO THE COPS,,, BY BY AUNTIE
Markey

Waterloo, IA

#12 Apr 14, 2009
Why would this surprise anyone? A thief is a thief is a thief.
mybella

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Apr 14, 2009
Wow! What a piece of garbage to do this to his own Mother!
No doubt she gave to this loser her whole life as well. Sick......
Big Surprise

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Apr 14, 2009
A thief is a thief. They are scum. It makes no difference to them who they steal from or who they hurt. A thief is worthless scum.

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#15 Apr 15, 2009
One of the other family members must have discovered it . . Low , very low .
DAS

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#16 Apr 15, 2009
Typical Corrupt POMPANO BEACH
Exactly

Tucson, AZ

#17 Apr 15, 2009
The state of Florida makes it very easy for family to prey on the elderly even if they have a will. The executor of a will can even pick up the will from the lawyer the parent hired to be trustee.

My uncle did that 8 months after my grandmother died. Probably because he didn't like that she left his sister something. Now all he has to do is make the will disappear and 1/2 will go to him thru probate. She deeded over all her property to him when he was alive but made him executor of what was left and he's going to get what he can no matter what her final wishes were in her will.

Why a non-attorney can pick up the dead persons will from an attorney and then not put it with another attorney seems to be legal in Florida because I contacted a lawyer who called the lawyer my grandmother hired and guess what. He said my uncle picked up her file. I called the State of Fla and nobody seems to think this is illegal and the original attorney did not retain a copy of her file.

My uncle can file in probate and say a will never existed.

That is the state of Florida for you.
what the huh

New Orleans, LA

#18 Apr 15, 2009
Where were the OTHER family members before this happened? Stole the SS checks or used them to live on while caring for this woman with Alzheimers, a full time job? It sounds to me like the OTHER family members figured this man would do the job for free with his own money and when they found out the money was being used to care for the woman, they decided it was time to call in the cops and lock the woman away in a detention center. There are always at least two sides to every story!
snowbirder

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Apr 15, 2009
"Marco .. Polo!" "Fish out of water!"

"Marco .. Secolo!" "Fish out of your mom's purse!"
Reel Thing

Boca Raton, FL

#20 Apr 15, 2009
Tell us your favorite Mom moment and you could win a $50 dinner.
Redneck

Stuart, FL

#21 Apr 15, 2009
Brazilian trash!
Marco

Jensen Beach, FL

#22 Apr 15, 2009
Mom - no wire hangers!
Marco

United States

#23 Apr 15, 2009
Polo
Marco

United States

#24 Apr 15, 2009
It all started in the 5th grade when I started stealing lunch money from my classmates ----

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California Middle School Vice Principal Suspend... (Mar '15) 6 hr Spotted Girl 3
News Hoop Dreams: New Dower Square basketball court ... 10 hr cops are degener... 24
News Sound Off (Jun '09) 12 hr Cheryl dickerson 14
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Federal agents raid ... (May '08) 17 hr Rhogrebe 931
News Numbers decline in unvaccinated Denton County s... 19 hr ADVERSE EVENTS 1
News Rodeo clowna s quip about gender identity no la... 20 hr Sneaky Pete 1
News What is the secret to Asian academic success? (Oct '15) 22 hr Go Blue Forever 30
More from around the web