Albemarle Schools Brace for Effect of Federal Spending Cuts

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

It's official; there is no deficit reduction deal between lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Mar 3, 2013
sigh

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

EFFECT
Wrong Again

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

It is "effect" and not "affect" that is the proper word!

What's the matter? Did you go to school in Fluvanna?
Erin

Ferrum, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

I hope everyone realizes this is a 2% cut. Oh, boy. Let's panic, everybody. All of Washington is acting like Chicken Little right now, waiting for the sky to fall.

Since: Dec 12

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

We have corrected the typo.
cvillemom

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Erin wrote:
I hope everyone realizes this is a 2% cut. Oh, boy. Let's panic, everybody. All of Washington is acting like Chicken Little right now, waiting for the sky to fall.
It's just more "ObamaDrama", caused by him hanging with the Hollywood crowd too much.
Erin

Ferrum, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

I just read the text of President Obama's press conference on his Sequestration Failure. It seems he is totally oblivious to the fact that a real leader...a skilled negotiator...would have been able to avoid this altogether. This failure is a testament to his inability to successfully govern. As usual, his comments blame Congress - because he is incapable of accepting responsibility for his own weaknesses. Bill Clinton managed to work with a Congress that was as deeply divided as the current one is. What a shame we do not have a capable leader in the White House.
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Erin wrote:
I just read the text of President Obama's press conference on his Sequestration Failure. It seems he is totally oblivious to the fact that a real leader...a skilled negotiator...would have been able to avoid this altogether. This failure is a testament to his inability to successfully govern. As usual, his comments blame Congress - because he is incapable of accepting responsibility for his own weaknesses. Bill Clinton managed to work with a Congress that was as deeply divided as the current one is. What a shame we do not have a capable leader in the White House.
It's not his job to pass the budget. He has opened his doors to negotiate, but congress left town. The GOP has no interest in negotiating, they set this up voting to pass the sequester bill, and now have exactly what they wanted.

They cry for the president to not only make their sausage, but tuck them in at night.
central va marine

Moneta, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Erin, et al., The President might as well sit on the pot to negotiate, because the Republicans are not around. When his suggestions were put on line for Congress and the American people to read; the House adjourned, and they left town.

Last week when Hapless Harry put a bill on the floor to be voted on, the Senate GOP filibustered, then voted against it. Mitch, now a short term Senator, limped to a microphone, and complained that the Senate Democrats have not put forth any effort to present a bill. The Senate Secretary's ink was still wet after tallying the GOP'S no vote

As "W" once said; "I will not negotiate with myself". Yet that is the suggestions the conservatives are putting forth. Then any notion of an idea from the President is met with; "He's a dictator", or "why don't he lead?"

If there is any doubt as to the push behind letting the sequester take effect, I suggest you take a moment and read local news accounts from across the country, about the T-Babies toasting and celebrating it taking effect.

Those Federal funds that State and Local governments are due for police, fire, roads education, etc; will not be coming. These are services we must have as a Society. Guess where the funds will be coming from to support these programs. Right! Increases in State and Local taxes. Thank your Repuglican Congressman for helping to separate you from more of your $$$$$$$.

2014, the election year that gerrymandering with not help the GOP, because even a majority of Repuglicans are expressing disgust with the whining class.

more to come
Erin

Ferrum, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

central va marine wrote:
Erin, et al., The President might as well sit on the pot to negotiate, because the Republicans are not around. When his suggestions were put on line for Congress and the American people to read; the House adjourned, and they left town.
Last week when Hapless Harry put a bill on the floor to be voted on, the Senate GOP filibustered, then voted against it. Mitch, now a short term Senator, limped to a microphone, and complained that the Senate Democrats have not put forth any effort to present a bill. The Senate Secretary's ink was still wet after tallying the GOP'S no vote
As "W" once said; "I will not negotiate with myself". Yet that is the suggestions the conservatives are putting forth. Then any notion of an idea from the President is met with; "He's a dictator", or "why don't he lead?"
If there is any doubt as to the push behind letting the sequester take effect, I suggest you take a moment and read local news accounts from across the country, about the T-Babies toasting and celebrating it taking effect.
Those Federal funds that State and Local governments are due for police, fire, roads education, etc; will not be coming. These are services we must have as a Society. Guess where the funds will be coming from to support these programs. Right! Increases in State and Local taxes. Thank your Repuglican Congressman for helping to separate you from more of your $$$$$$$.
2014, the election year that gerrymandering with not help the GOP, because even a majority of Repuglicans are expressing disgust with the whining class.
more to come
My point still stands. An effective leader would have made these negotiations work, regardless of the circumstances. Really, can you imagine FDR allowing Congress to get away with this? Or Clinton?
huck

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Erin wrote:
<quoted text>
My point still stands. An effective leader would have made these negotiations work, regardless of the circumstances. Really, can you imagine FDR allowing Congress to get away with this? Or Clinton?
An effective poster would also realize those presidents had opponents in Congress who would compromise. In an era where the effective tax rates are the lowest in recent history, the right-wing teacrazies won't budge, that that, sir, is the problema.

http://visualizingeconomics.com/blog/2010/02/...

Hmmmmm

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

The county wants to add 16 new positions. What's all the fuss about? Our money is flowing!
out to lunch

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

How can Obama lead when the right wing refuse to even consider compromise. The right wing will not even listen to fellow Republicans begging them to compromise. If the right wing will not even listen to their own leaders, how can you accuse Obama of failure to lead?
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Erin wrote:
You can't negotiate with obstructionist Repubs. These are the same people that reject their own ideas when even remotely
similar ones are brought up by Dems. Unfortunately Obama is way too civil and professional when dealing with incompetent hooligans. What is needed with the Congressional scoundrels is a good ole fashion game of hard ball.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••