Armed deputies on duty in schools in Ky. county

Jan 7, 2013 Full story: SFGate 16

Mason County Sheriff Patrick Boggs hugs a student during a visit to Straub Elementary, Monday, Jan.

Full Story
Nice

Dahlonega, GA

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Well here is a no nonsense approach to the problem of violence in the schools. Nice job.

Word is Boggs will not be running for office again.
red

Maysville, KY

#2 Jan 8, 2013
they need armd people at schools stop crying you thank bad people gowing to stop no they ant they need good people with guns at schools so stop crying about guns
notafan

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2013
I dont think armed deputies should be at the schools
UK Fan

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Jan 12, 2013
notafan wrote:
I dont think armed deputies should be at the schools
I don't think cops should be allowed to have guns at a hospital if I am not allowed to have a gun at a hospital.
hey

Duluth, GA

#5 Jan 13, 2013
No guns should be in schools
red

Maysville, KY

#6 Jan 14, 2013
so you say no gun in school you thank bad people is gowing to stop gowing in becouse they say no guns its not gowing to stop need people in schools to have a gun this people saying no guns means bad is steal gowing to go in guns not bad if ther no guns they will kill with somethang els
touch velvet

Georgetown, KY

#7 Jan 14, 2013
red wrote:
so you say no gun in school you thank bad people is gowing to stop gowing in becouse they say no guns its not gowing to stop need people in schools to have a gun this people saying no guns means bad is steal gowing to go in guns not bad if ther no guns they will kill with somethang els
Red, your spelling and grammar are killing us!
lala

Maysville, KY

#8 Jan 14, 2013
touch velvet wrote:
<quoted text>
Red, your spelling and grammar are killing us!
Oh Thank God, I thought it was just me.
lala

Maysville, KY

#9 Jan 14, 2013
Really try to imagine what might have happened if the principal at Sandy Hook Elementary had been trained and was armed with a gun in her hand when he opened that door n was standing in front of her.

At minimum about half of those children would still be alive. I bet if you asked every parent in Newtown, CT if they would like to have 50% of those children back they would ALL say yes.

I know its a slippery slope. I don't like it either. But we need to start dealing with the level of threat that we have. Not the one we wish we had.
lala

Maysville, KY

#10 Jan 14, 2013
hey wrote:
Really try to imagine what might have happened if the principal at Sandy Hook Elementary had been trained and was armed with a gun in her hand when he opened that door n was standing in front of her.

At minimum about half of those children would still be alive. I bet if you asked every parent in Newtown, CT if they would like to have 50% of those children back they would ALL say yes.

I know its a slippery slope. I don't like it either. But we need to start dealing with the level of threat that we have. Not the one we wish we had.
OHMY

Winchester, KY

#11 Jan 14, 2013
Watch that slippery slope lala you might shoot yourself in the foot.
lala

Maysville, KY

#12 Jan 15, 2013
OHMY wrote:
Watch that slippery slope lala you might shoot yourself in the foot.
I think u r confused about my opinion on this issue and I know I'm confused about yours. Please explain.
Cindy

Dahlonega, GA

#13 Jan 18, 2013
hey wrote:
Sounds like a magnet for psychopaths.
Mason

United States

#14 Jan 18, 2013
I think it should be Metro Maysville Police instead of Sheriff. The Sheriff is supposed to serve bench warrants and collect taxes. I have kids that go to Mason and would feel better if Metro Police would take the responsibility.
Idea

Maysville, KY

#15 Jan 19, 2013
Trained sharp shooters should be the ones guarding our children. Why not hire unemployed ex military people? They are trained killers and would have no problem with taking one of these home bound terrorists out.
Dodge is God spelt wrong

Dahlonega, GA

#16 Jan 19, 2013
Mason wrote:
I think it should be Metro Maysville Police instead of Sheriff. The Sheriff is supposed to serve bench warrants and collect taxes. I have kids that go to Mason and would feel better if Metro Police would take the responsibility.
"Metro" police? Where the hell are you from?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 3 hr kjw51 40
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 3 hr kjw51 167
Single mom, 5 kids homeless after fire 8 hr Remember 8
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 10 hr Deborah 11
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 10 hr Another View 31,511
Why I'm still a Catholic (Oct '13) 12 hr truth 140
New technology takes 'bored' out of whiteboard (Dec '08) 23 hr Calvin James 2
More from around the web