Same sex attracted man who left the "...

Same sex attracted man who left the "gay lifestyle" pushes No vote

There are 11 comments on the Sydney Star Observer story from Oct 16, 2017, titled Same sex attracted man who left the "gay lifestyle" pushes No vote. In it, Sydney Star Observer reports that:

One of the handful of same-sex attracted people who are voting no in the marriage equality postal survey, Christian activist James Parker has penned an explanation of his views. "I am labelled as bigoted, homophobic, and discriminatory and yet in the past I have risked imprisonment fighting for gay rights," Parker wrote.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sydney Star Observer.

Alvin

Ann Arbor, MI

#1 Oct 17, 2017
Way to go James Parker !!!
Love is the Answer

New York, NY

#2 Oct 17, 2017
Putting out lies about gay people is the defining characteristic of fake christians and bisexual homophobes
Sex orientation and lifestyle are two entirely different things
Here is how you can tell them apart:
*Sex orientation does not change. LGBT people were born with their sex orientation just like you were born with your sex orientation
by contrast
*Lifestyle is chosen by the individual
Blurring these two definitions to support hate crusades causes the downfall of organized religion we're seeing today
Love is the Answer

New York, NY

#3 Oct 17, 2017
Alvin wrote:
Way to go James Parker !!!
Not so fast
Until he has a 'Mrs Parker' to prove his claim; he is putting out fake news
Warren

Matawan, NJ

#4 Oct 17, 2017
Any homosexual that is honest, truthful and takes a sincere look at what's going on in the world today would agree with James Parker. The trouble is that 99% of LGBT are't honest, sincere or truthful. LGBT have an agenda to push forward that requires dishonesty, insincerity and lying in order to be successful.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>
Any homosexual that is honest, truthful and takes a sincere look at what's going on in the world today would agree with James Parker.
Closet case, what is harmful about marriage equality? Be specific.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Oct 17, 2017
"'I am labelled [sic] as bigoted, homophobic, and discriminatory and yet in the past I have risked imprisonment fighting for gay rights,' Parker wrote."

And now by your own admission you are fighting against equal lgbt rights. Why wouldn't you be called a homophobic bigot now?

The xstain closet case's whine would only have made sense if he were called a homophobic bigot back when he was (supposedly) risked imprisonment fighting for lgbt rights.

There's a very large screw loose with this one, imo.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Oct 17, 2017
"'These same-sex attracted men and women tell me they are voting no because they believe that wherever possible children have the right to know and be cared for by their biological parents in line with Article 7 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child,' he wrote."

Then get every adopted or fostered or "test tube" or "illegitimate" kid out of their present families into the biological family or into state guardianship. And get kids away from any step parents...who are not "their biological parents."

These fundie talibngelicals lie, lie, lie fer jaysus in the most twisted and idiotic ways. They obviously do not mean what they are claiming to say. They simply hate lgbt people and lgbt equal rights and lgbt visibility.
Warren

Matawan, NJ

#8 Oct 17, 2017
Evilgelicalling wrote:
There's a very large screw loose with this one, imo.
You're finally starting to take a look at yourself huh? Good for you.
Evilgelicalling

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
<quoted text>
You're finally starting to take a look at yourself huh? Good for you.
The Australian freeek is claiming he can't be a bigot now as he campaigns against lgbt equal rights because way back when he was not fighting his apparent sexual orientation he supported equal lgbt rights.

That's cracked logic. It's almost as though he doesn't understand the notions of "then" and "now."
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#10 Oct 17, 2017
Warren wrote:
Any homosexual that is honest, truthful and takes a sincere look at what's going on in the world today would agree with James Parker. The trouble is that 99% of LGBT are't honest, sincere or truthful. LGBT have an agenda to push forward that requires dishonesty, insincerity and lying in order to be successful.
James Parker has been brainwashed by believing what homophobic idiots like you say....that it's wrong to be gay.

Any honest, intelligent homosexual doesn't believe your homophobic drivel.

“A long time ago”

Since: Nov 09

in a galaxy far, far away....

#11 Oct 17, 2017
Parker says, "Understandably, many oppose any increase of commercial surrogacy and gay parenting, an obvious by-product of legalising same-sex marriage."

No, it isn't. I'm married, and I don't want any damn kids. And gay people have been raising kids for centuries, without the added security and stability of marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KIPP schools seek campus closure in Arkansas 3 hr grinch 18
News House helps mothers who are still girls (May '14) 8 hr Ian Tossfartle 2
News Cory and Curtis Lovelace: How their story unfolded Tue HeWasMyProbationO... 4
News Eight schools send as many pupils to Oxbridge a... Dec 10 Arrow 2
Kids attention Spans Getting worse than what TV... Dec 10 no wonder they ag... 1
News Heavy screen time appears to impact childrens' ... Dec 10 like War Crack 2
News Man Arrested After Telling Kids Santa is 'Not R... Dec 10 Kev 2