Our children deserve better protection

Our children deserve better protection

There are 14 comments on the Connecticut Post story from Feb 5, 2013, titled Our children deserve better protection. In it, Connecticut Post reports that:

Here in the United States, violence has somehow become culturally acceptable. Nowhere is that fact more evident than in Bridgeport.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Connecticut Post.

BPT

Waterbury, CT

#1 Feb 5, 2013
ms healt makes valid points.
but
ALL our politicians get contributions from the NRA, and therefore they will do nothing.notice they are all talking about ideas to curb gun violence and yet, so far, they have done NOTHING. it's all lip service, and the killings go on daily.

you'll see..........NOTHING.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#2 Feb 5, 2013
BPT wrote:
ms healt makes valid points.
but
ALL our politicians get contributions from the NRA, and therefore they will do nothing.
All politicians get money fro the NRA? Guess again.
BPT wrote:
notice they are all talking about ideas to curb gun violence and yet, so far, they have done NOTHING. it's all lip service, and the killings go on daily.
you'll see..........NOTHING.
What would YOU have them do?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Now we know how Bob Menendez is using his money....
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>
All politicians get money fro the NRA? Guess again.
<quoted text>What would YOU have them do?
i'm sure they do..........do you KNOW some that don't? please tell who does not get any $$$$$$$
BPT

Waterbury, CT

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>
All politicians get money fro the NRA? Guess again.
<quoted text>What would YOU have them do?
i don't know what they should do
but like i said they will do NOTHING. the issue is long over-due. how many more times should the nation have to go through another mass murder by these kooks with accsess to guns?
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#6 Feb 5, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sure they do..........do you KNOW some that don't? please tell who does not get any $$$$$$$
Sheila Jackson Lee, John Yarmouth, Dave Loesback, Bruce Braley, Jared Polis, Emanuel Cleaver II, Mark Pocan, Raul Grijava, Steven Horsford, Derek Kilmer, Dave Reichert, Suzan DelBene, Suzanne Bonamici, Earl Blumenauer, Peter DeFazio, Jared Huffman, John Garamendi, Mike Thompson, Jerry McNerney, Eric Swalwell, Zoe Lofgren, Anna Eshoo, Jackie Speier, Sam Farr, Lois Capps, Julia Brownley, Henry Waxman, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Judy Chu, Tony Cardenas, Juan Vargas, Alan Lowenthal, Gloria Negrete MacLeod, Grace Napolitano, Dana Rohrbacher, Loretta Sanchez, Lucille Roybal Allard, Janice Hahn, Linda Sanchez, Xavier Becerra, Brad Sherman, Karen Bass, Jim Costa, Michael Honda, Barabar Lee, George Miller, Ed Pastor, Kyrsten Sinema, Ann Kirkpatrick, Michelle Grisham, Rick Nolan, Bett McCollum, Keith Ellison, Mark Pocan, Gwen Moore, William Lacy Clay, Peter Visclosky, Jesse Jackson, Jr., Bobby Rush, Daniel Lipinski, Luis Gutierrez, Brad Schneider, Mark Steven Kirk, Tammy Duckworth, Bill Foster, Jan Schakowsy, Mike Quigley, Danny Davis, John Conyers, Jr., Gary Peters, Sander Levin, Justin Amash, Cheri Bustos, Andre Carson, Joyce Beatty, Marcia Fudge, Dan Maffei, Louise Slaughter, Paul Tonko, Richard Neal, Carol Shea-Porter, Chellie Pingree, John Tierney, Niki Tsongas, Edward Markey, Bill Keating, Stephen Lynch,
Joe Kennedy III, David Cicilline, Jim Langevin, Joe Courtney, John Larson, Rosa DeLauro, Jim Himes, Elsiabrth Esty, Nita Lowey, Sean Partick Maloney, Eliot Engel, Bill PAscrell, Jr., Steve Israel, Peter King, Timothy Bishop, Rush Holt, Chris Smith, Joseph Crowley, Grace Meng, Jose Serrano, Hakeem Jeffries, Yvette Clarke, Albio Sires, Frank Pallone, Carolyn McCarthy, Gregory Meeks, Carolyn Maloney, Jerrold Nadler, Charles, Rangel, Nydia Velazquez, Rodney Frelinghuysen, Matt Cartwright, Robert Andrews, Allyson Schwartz, Chaka Fattah, John Carney, Robert Brady, C. A. Dutch Ruppersberger, Elijah Cummings, John Sarbanes, Chris Van Hollen, Gerald Connolly, James P. Moran, Donna Edwards, Steny Hoyer, Frank Wolf, G. K. Butterfield, David Price, Mel Watt, James Clyburn, Jim Cooper, Hank Johnson, David Scott, John Lewis, Terri Sewell, Bennie Thompson, Steve Cohen, Martha Roby, Cedric Richmond, Kathy Castor, Alan Grayson, Alcee Hastings, Joe Garcia, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lois Frankel, Frederica Wilson, Ruben Hinajosa, Lloyd Doggett, Joaquin Castro, Eddie Johnson, Mark Veasey.
That's just the House.
You can check out the Senate if you like....

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/12/19...
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#7 Feb 5, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>i don't know what they should do
but like i said they will do NOTHING. the issue is long over-due. how many more times should the nation have to go through another mass murder by these kooks with accsess to guns?
So is it only the guns you have a problem with?
Why aren't the over 20,000 Federal, State County, Municipal, and City firearms laws having an effect? Would 20,000 more laws make a difference?
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#8 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Now we know how Bob Menendez is using his money....
Menendez didn't get any money from the NRA.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#9 Feb 5, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Menendez didn't get any money from the NRA.
I'll take your word for it. I was more into highlighting his activities in the Dominican Republic. He DID take money from a scumbag tax cheat in Florida, who is being investigated by the FBI right now for a slew of things. Menendez was on the take from this guy to make the charges go away, possibly.

I think BPT was just using hyperbole when he said 'they all take money' from the NRA. But someone said earlier today that 'they have all stopped working for americans' and I think there's a lot of truth in that. Higher and higher taxes, awful healthcare plan, steady erosion of rights, choking business to death, etc.
Oh, and by the way- congress gives itself a ridiculously cushy retirement, it's own separate healthcare, and they are even proposing exemptions from any gun control.
BPT

New Haven, CT

#10 Feb 5, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text> Sheila Jackson Lee, John Yarmouth, Dave Loesback, Bruce Braley, Jared Polis, Emanuel Cleaver II, Mark Pocan, Raul Grijava, Steven Horsford, Derek Kilmer, Dave Reichert, Suzan DelBene, Suzanne Bonamici, Earl Blumenauer, Peter DeFazio, Jared Huffman, John Garamendi, Mike Thompson, Jerry McNerney, Eric Swalwell, Zoe Lofgren, Anna Eshoo, Jackie Speier, Sam Farr, Lois Capps, Julia Brownley, Henry Waxman, Adam Schiff, Maxine Waters, Judy Chu, Tony Cardenas, Juan Vargas, Alan Lowenthal, Gloria Negrete MacLeod, Grace Napolitano, Dana Rohrbacher, Loretta Sanchez, Lucille Roybal Allard, Janice Hahn, Linda Sanchez, Xavier Becerra, Brad Sherman, Karen Bass, Jim Costa, Michael Honda, Barabar Lee, George Miller, Ed Pastor, Kyrsten Sinema, Ann Kirkpatrick, Michelle Grisham, Rick Nolan, Bett McCollum, Keith Ellison, Mark Pocan, Gwen Moore, William Lacy Clay, Peter Visclosky, Jesse Jackson, Jr., Bobby Rush, Daniel Lipinski, Luis Gutierrez, Brad Schneider, Mark Steven Kirk, Tammy Duckworth, Bill Foster, Jan Schakowsy, Mike Quigley, Danny Davis, John Conyers, Jr., Gary Peters, Sander Levin, Justin Amash, Cheri Bustos, Andre Carson, Joyce Beatty, Marcia Fudge, Dan Maffei, Louise Slaughter, Paul Tonko, Richard Neal, Carol Shea-Porter, Chellie Pingree, John Tierney, Niki Tsongas, Edward Markey, Bill Keating, Stephen Lynch,
Joe Kennedy III, David Cicilline, Jim Langevin, Joe Courtney, John Larson, Rosa DeLauro, Jim Himes, Elsiabrth Esty, Nita Lowey, Sean Partick Maloney, Eliot Engel, Bill PAscrell, Jr., Steve Israel, Peter King, Timothy Bishop, Rush Holt, Chris Smith, Joseph Crowley, Grace Meng, Jose Serrano, Hakeem Jeffries, Yvette Clarke, Albio Sires, Frank Pallone, Carolyn McCarthy, Gregory Meeks, Carolyn Maloney, Jerrold Nadler, Charles, Rangel, Nydia Velazquez, Rodney Frelinghuysen, Matt Cartwright, Robert Andrews, Allyson Schwartz, Chaka Fattah, John Carney, Robert Brady, C. A. Dutch Ruppersberger, Elijah Cummings, John Sarbanes, Chris Van Hollen, Gerald Connolly, James P. Moran, Donna Edwards, Steny Hoyer, Frank Wolf, G. K. Butterfield, David Price, Mel Watt, James Clyburn, Jim Cooper, Hank Johnson, David Scott, John Lewis, Terri Sewell, Bennie Thompson, Steve Cohen, Martha Roby, Cedric Richmond, Kathy Castor, Alan Grayson, Alcee Hastings, Joe Garcia, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lois Frankel, Frederica Wilson, Ruben Hinajosa, Lloyd Doggett, Joaquin Castro, Eddie Johnson, Mark Veasey.
That's just the House.
You can check out the Senate if you like....
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/12/19...
impressive and thank you.
BPT

New Haven, CT

#11 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Now we know how Bob Menendez is using his money....
why are the news people not talking about this guy, because he is a democrat?
Besara

Omaha, NE

#12 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take your word for it. I was more into highlighting his activities in the Dominican Republic. He DID take money from a scumbag tax cheat in Florida, who is being investigated by the FBI right now for a slew of things. Menendez was on the take from this guy to make the charges go away, possibly.
I think BPT was just using hyperbole when he said 'they all take money' from the NRA. But someone said earlier today that 'they have all stopped working for americans' and I think there's a lot of truth in that. Higher and higher taxes, awful healthcare plan, steady erosion of rights, choking business to death, etc.
Oh, and by the way- congress gives itself a ridiculously cushy retirement, it's own separate healthcare, and they are even proposing exemptions from any gun control.
No doubt about that. They are indeed the ruling class and both parties are as corrupt as they come.
Jose

Trumbull, CT

#13 Feb 5, 2013
I understand it is near Charlie Rangels old place..We own you Gringos get used to it...hahahahah

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#14 Feb 5, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Now we know how Bob Menendez is using his money....
Just like you, cheap drugs and cheap women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 58 min GUILTY 31,933
News Fireman Sam's shocking scene 4 hr Thinking 1
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 10 hr Frankie Rizzo 158
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 23 hr Divorce Lawyer 43
White Men Sperm Donors for Black Women... (Sep '11) Tue mersie 56
News Scott Walker's gloomy pitch for the presidency (Mar '15) Mon Hyman Roth 27
News Turkey's anti-Gulen campaign: Strengthening mil... Mon Rockstar 17
More from around the web