Two teens charged with murder of Vanleer man

Two teenagers were charged yesterday with the murder of Kenneth Wayne Brake, 75, whose body was found in his burned mobile home in Vanleer, according to Dickson County Sheriff Tom Wall. Full Story
what is the point

AOL

#83 Sep 23, 2007
wtf is wrong with this world? All I read on here is bs seems most doesn't even have to do with this case.I mean ex.con come on what does what he writes have 2 do with anything yet ppl comment, Then there is Hickman Co. man that can't even get the names stright, yet he has alot of bs to talk about seems all this person wants to do is hurt the ppl that didn't do anything wrong. Whats the point of this board? UMM let's guess since I'm sure no one will answer, it so the police can get all the stupit info they can. Or maybe it to see how many silly ppl there are in this world. Then again maybe it's to hurt and break ppl's hearts like the famlies and loved ones of Mr. Brake, you know the poor man that was killed, The family that still wonders why? how come? what for? then there is the famlies of the 2 men everyone seem's to keep talking about.lets see I'm sure they are going threw lots of pain and playing the blame game either @ each other or themselfs. I'm sure know ones being 2 friendly with each other witch is sad since they didn't do anything wrong. We as ppl seem to always wanna blame someone the mothers the fathers or whom ever raised them.But really in life what we do is are own faults once we are of age to know right from wrong. The police seem to think or know who did what why can't we all wait and see if what they have or think they have is correct. It's not like the police ever mess up "there not human" after all LOL. Okay truth is they could be wrong couldn't they.And then here everyone is judging.Writing stuff too see who can hurt who, when honestly u are only hurting yourselfs. cause the ppl that did this or they say did this isn't even the ones reading this.Its the families and the ones hurting. It's us the ppl that are reading this and placing blame. I'm not perfect I myself have been reading this trying to blame ppl I don't even know for a crime I really no nothing about. I mean I have questions also like why would 2 teen age boy's kill this man, He was in a wheel chair.then I read about the famlies all I got out of that was stupit tho. I haven't read anything much about the man that was killed,seem's he's dead so know one cares. Really what is the point of this board?? helping the cops do there job ,hurting ppl what?
white bluff tn

Dickson, TN

#84 Sep 23, 2007
I went to school with Jeff and Thomas and they were both very sweet and friendly young men. Ive known Jeff for several years and even went to church camp with him as a child. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Its not always necessary but they have the right. I know that these boys must have been very troubled at the time to do something like this so all i ask is that you keep them in your prayers and try to find the heart to forgive them for what they have done.
what is the point

AOL

#85 Sep 26, 2007
white bluff tn wrote:
I went to school with Jeff and Thomas and they were both very sweet and friendly young men. Ive known Jeff for several years and even went to church camp with him as a child. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Its not always necessary but they have the right. I know that these boys must have been very troubled at the time to do something like this so all i ask is that you keep them in your prayers and try to find the heart to forgive them for what they have done.
sweetheart it doesn't matter if we forgive them or not. what does matter is what they do from here on out and if they get there lifes stright with God. He is the only one the need too forgive them the rest of us don't really matter.
what is the point

AOL

#86 Sep 26, 2007
No name wrote:
I think the people in tn need Jesus most of all. If they would start living for the Lord they would not have all this confusion;Think about it and get your life right with the Lord. He is the answer to all your problem.
Plz remember not everyone in TN. did or had anything to do with this crime so don't u talk about ppl in TN needing the lord. Because many ppl in TN. have the lord in there lifes and live for him, And because of that fact we don't judge others or say things to put them down or hurt them. no matter what they may or may not have done.
bobby

Grosse Ile, MI

#87 Dec 1, 2007
i am from vanleer tn. long removed (1946) you aint seen nothing to you come to detroit it happens everyday and no one seems to get caught if they have the the ones who did it put it to them ex inmate you should still be a inmate
C-Town Girl

United States

#88 Dec 30, 2007
Jeffery had been stealing from Mr. Brake for a while. He was stealing his pain meds and selling them. And yes, he sold them to me. Mr. Brake must have figured it out when all of his Tylenol 3's were gone and confronted Jeffery about it. Instead of fessing up, they just killed him and tried to burn the evidence. It is sad, but they will get what they deserve in the long run. They too will burn.
carly thomas sis

United States

#89 Apr 14, 2008
i just wont 2 tell u ppl that my brother didn't kill nobody and all yall ppl need to stop saying that he did cuz u dont no him u never lived wit him and u dont no the least thing about him! so if u dont no anything than let me tell u something he wuz found NOT gulitey k (NOT!) and another thing if u don't no anything insted of trying to b kool and put lies on here and geting everyone 2 think my bro is a murder just keep ur mouth s5hut it would do us all a big fav. and if u got crap to say about my brother cuz he is in jail let me tell yall something nobodys perfect so get over it im preety sure if someone in ur familey got put in jail u wouldn't want them lieing about the case!!!!!!!!!! now would u?
HIckman County

AOL

#90 Apr 14, 2008
Thomas Lee Dotson was sentenced Monday to 15 years in prison after he was convicted on charges in connection with the June 2006 murder of Kenneth Brake.

Dotson, 19, was convicted in November 2007 of criminally negligent homicide and other lesser charges in the June 30 slaying of the 75-year-old, wheelchair-bound Vanleer amputee, who was found dead with a gunshot wound to his head after a fire at his Wolf Branch Road mobile home, which investigators later determined to be arson.

Dotson was 17 at time of the murder but was tried as an adult.

Two more individuals, Jeffrey Petty and James Cheeves were also charged in the case and are awaiting trial.

Robbery was determined to be the motive for the slaying, authorities said at the time.
Prosecutors had sought a first-degree murder conviction against Dotson along with six lesser charges but the jury found Dotson guilty of criminally negligent homicide instead of first-degree murder.

In a plea deal between the District Attorney’s office and defense attorney Tim Potter, Dotson will serve the 15 years concurrently with sentences on the lesser charges.
“There were seven counts in the indictment,” Potter said.

And what part of finding him not guilty does your newspaper write about. He offered to plea bargain to blame and testify against the others. WHat a wuss. Kill a man, and then pussy out. He is not the big bad ass he acted like when he killed this man, now he aint nothing but a little punk, actually he is a cute little punk, someones punk in prison. Awww serves his ass right.
bless you all

AOL

#91 Apr 16, 2008
carly thomas sis wrote:
i just wont 2 tell u ppl that my brother didn't kill nobody and all yall ppl need to stop saying that he did cuz u dont no him u never lived wit him and u dont no the least thing about him! so if u dont no anything than let me tell u something he wuz found NOT gulitey k (NOT!) and another thing if u don't no anything insted of trying to b kool and put lies on here and geting everyone 2 think my bro is a murder just keep ur mouth s5hut it would do us all a big fav. and if u got crap to say about my brother cuz he is in jail let me tell yall something nobodys perfect so get over it im preety sure if someone in ur familey got put in jail u wouldn't want them lieing about the case!!!!!!!!!! now would u?
why is he in jail hon?
Karpin

Palo Alto, CA

#92 Apr 18, 2008
One thing for sure, In good ole Tennessee the only ones who ever have to worry about getting a death sentence are the victims of crimes.
volstitanfan

United States

#93 Apr 19, 2008
tax payer wrote:
I am so goddamn tired of people saying someone got into trouble cause of a bad family life as a child, we all make our own choices in life, if you want to break the law you will if you don't you won't. I did not know my parents much and was moved from foster home to foster home, i make $27,000 a year have my own apartment and never stole from anybody much less killed them, so stop blaming everyone except who is really responsable
AMEN!!!
tina

AOL

#94 Apr 26, 2008
yup u said amen to that the blame is on dotson and his family for not riseing him right
no name

AOL

#95 Sep 4, 2008
has anyone even stop to think about the man that was killed , or for that fact his family will never get to talk or see him ever again. there is a man that will never see the sun shine or the rain. but these two boys guilty or not will wake up each morning , be it in jail or whereever . . and if they do go to jail they will still be living, but this man wont.
DC Police Department

United States

#96 Sep 14, 2008
will wrote:
Yea, I heard he was in the cayman islands that night scuba diving. so it must be another police frame job. poor boy
We do not frame anybody on anything, both boys were there that night.
the one n only

Brentwood, TN

#97 Oct 9, 2008
Man man man !!! alot of ppl on here dont really know the hell is going on do you. about all the lies about all the threats none of that you all got 2nd hand info ive known both of them for years ive known jeff since he was for stop talking bout this shit and if you got something that you feel is not right from any side do something positive about it help these boy all three of them look at all sides families D.G.
pussycat

Nolensville, TN

#98 Oct 11, 2008
All this talk of "how the boys did/did not do this criminal act". How these kids had such a terrible upbringing.. But not once did anyone mention the pain/suffering of the "VICTIM's"family! Well I know them personally. They are hurt! THey are devasted. THey have lost a father that can not be replaced. At least these "Killers"have their family to lean on, which is more than the family of the Victim.
abc

Dickson, TN

#99 Oct 26, 2008
okay i grew up with thomas and jeff. i hung out with them all thru school they are not bad boys.. yes they did do it.. and no the cops didnt beat them til they broke but i think everyone who has a comment for this needs to get a life.. they did it.. god rest the guys soul who died.. but thats it what happened happened get over it.. get a life and stop talkin on someone elses actions.. yall are weak
nashville

Nashville, TN

#100 Apr 25, 2009
FREE JAMES CHEEVES.
WE LOVE YOU
pussycat

Nashville, TN

#101 Apr 25, 2009
Free no one!! At least someone's family or friend has the chance to say free him or have the chance to tell their loves one, WE LOVE YOU...the vic's family does not have that opporunity!!
knows

Bowie, MD

#102 Dec 27, 2011
Beckey wrote:
LOL, who in Charlotte could afford to go to the caymen islands scuba diving?
I'm from Charlotte and I've been several times while on a cruise. Cruises aren't that expensive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 1 hr Belle Sexton 15
New children's choir coming to area (Oct '07) 5 hr Curious Fanatic 407
Teacher, Husband Charged With Allowing Teens To... 10 hr regurgitating 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr Rotten to the Core 31,555
Where is Santa right now? 2012 NORAD Santa trac... (Dec '12) 12 hr umm 11
New local program will help mothers (Aug '08) Wed bump 2
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... Wed QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 210
More from around the web