Allegations of aid politicization in Philippines ahead of elections

Feb 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IRIN

BAGANGA/MANILA, 22 February 2013 - Caridad Calungsod and her three children have been living in a makeshift shelter along the highway leading into Baganga, a coastal farming municipality in the southern Philippine province of Davao Oriental on Mindanao Island that was among the hardest hit by typhoon Bopha last December.

Comments
1 - 20 of 47 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 22, 2013
 
Where is INC in this, Elias? You claim that INC is big in helping with disaster relief but yet, I dont see any mention in this article that they are assisting.

And who does the press talk to that is giving aid? Yes, it is the Catholics that you hate so much along with the Red Cross.

Conclusion: INC only makes half hearted efforts where they can use it for propaganda in the public eye.

They want to brag how they helped people in the New York hurricane relief with those very weak handouts in Times Square, where there was no one affected! An yet, they are not even helping their own in the most need. I have yet to see any of this INC help on the front lines of disasters.

Believe me, people of New York will get by. The people in this disaster in Philippines may not, at least not so easily.

What is my choice? It sure as hell isnt Iglesia ni Manalo!
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 24, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
Where is INC in this, Elias? You claim that INC is big in helping with disaster relief but yet, I dont see any mention in this article that they are assisting.
And who does the press talk to that is giving aid? Yes, it is the Catholics that you hate so much along with the Red Cross.
Conclusion: INC only makes half hearted efforts where they can use it for propaganda in the public eye.
They want to brag how they helped people in the New York hurricane relief with those very weak handouts in Times Square, where there was no one affected! An yet, they are not even helping their own in the most need. I have yet to see any of this INC help on the front lines of disasters.
Believe me, people of New York will get by. The people in this disaster in Philippines may not, at least not so easily.
What is my choice? It sure as hell isnt Iglesia ni Manalo!
Ozzy,

You are again showing your low I.Q.!!! The correct question is: "Where is the inutile scarecrow known as Pedro Calungsod??? What is he doing??? He was reported and advertised by the Roman Catholic Church as making miracles, but, what happened???

Have you not noticed that the "Caridad Calubgsod family" is related to your saint who was just recently canonized at a cost of $50,000???

Where is your "another God on earth", the Roman Catholic priests??? It makes me laugh when someone claims to be "God one earth" but doing nothing to the Roman Catholic hapless:

"St. Clement, then, had reason to say that the priest is, as it were, a God on earth."

Reference: De Liguori. Dignity and Duties of the Priest, p.36)

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 24, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
Where is INC in this, Elias? You claim that INC is big in helping with disaster relief but yet, I dont see any mention in this article that they are assisting.
And who does the press talk to that is giving aid? Yes, it is the Catholics that you hate so much along with the Red Cross.
Conclusion: INC only makes half hearted efforts where they can use it for propaganda in the public eye.
They want to brag how they helped people in the New York hurricane relief with those very weak handouts in Times Square, where there was no one affected! An yet, they are not even helping their own in the most need. I have yet to see any of this INC help on the front lines of disasters.
Believe me, people of New York will get by. The people in this disaster in Philippines may not, at least not so easily.
What is my choice? It sure as hell isnt Iglesia ni Manalo!
Ozzy,

Just watch INCTV and see for yourself how we help members and non-members alike in alleviating the plight of our countrymen!!! Where is Padre Damaso and why is Mr. Benedict XVI about to resign knowing fully well that Catholics all over the world are being cursed by God including the church itself??? Here is the authentication of my statement:

"The first decade of the 21st century is characterized by a "Great Religious Recession". Making matters worse, the economic recession in 2007 "did not drive people to religion; instead, it drove religion farther into irrelevance." (p. 82)

"In the United States for example, the Willow Creek Community Church---one of America's famous megachurches---"has suffered membership stagnation and a lack of enthusiasm among the faithful".(Ibid. p.73.)

"Even the Catholic Church has barely maintained its share of the population, mostly because immigrant Catholics offset the massive loss of U.S.-born members".(Ibid. p.20)
Reference:(Christianity After Religion: The End of Church and the Birth of New Spiritual Awakening, pp. 82, 73, 20.)

An Italian weekly magazine, Sette, which boasts of a circulation reaching 483,000, vivvidly illustrated this rapid decline in Catholic members' enthusiasm in their religion. In an article written by Cesare Fiume in its April 5, 2012 issue, the publication made this observation:

"The number of Catholic marriages and that of priests and nuns are lessened (beaten). To bring religion to the members they must go to the malls ...Here is the 'spiritual X-ray' of Italy. The church was reopened Sunday for Palm Sunday, after months of closure. It was closed from Christmas and remained so until the day before yesterday--unless for some funeral host--due to lack of offerings. The alms were no longer enough to pay the bills for electricity and heating, so the pastor has barred the door ..."

The author likened the Catholic Church to a "candle that is consumed at the base," lamenting that the churches (are) empty, no more odor of frankincense ..." The magnitude of this problem is underscored by the fact that Italy is the seat of Catholicism---yet the "spiritual recession" among her adherents there is strikingly evident. This general atrophy in people's zeal for God is precisely the fulfillment of Christ's prophecy that in these last days, the love of many will grow cold.

Reference: Cesare Fiume. Sette. April 5, 2012 issue

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, members of the American cults, skeptics, and agnostics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 24, 2013
 
I knew you had no real answer. It's hilarious how you deflect and turn to other subjects, most that make no sense just like the rest of the INC teachings
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 24, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
I knew you had no real answer. It's hilarious how you deflect and turn to other subjects, most that make no sense just like the rest of the INC teachings
Ozzy,

Catholicism is the dominant religion in the Philippines!!! Therefore, it should be this cult which should be spearheading relief operations in the calamity-stricken areas of the Philippines!!!

If the advertised miracles of the Roman Catholic saints are really true, why shoudn't Padre Damaso mahe use of these windows of opportunity??? But propaganda is not the truth and "Colossal Rackets" are usually perpetrated and perpetuated by the Roman Catholic Church with so much fanfare but when it comes to alleviating the plight of her distressed faithfuls, they use the "silence of the grave" as defense of their apathy and indifference to the poor!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 25, 2013
 
And yes, Elias, the followers absolutely DO spearhead the relief efforts but there is no reason they should do it alone. This was a story covered by the news and the news is the one who told of the Catholic relief efforts, unlike INC doing it with press releases.

You always want to brag about INC helping out when in fact, it is all icing and no cake because they do it only if it will benefit their propaganda, not to get their hands dirty and REALLY help out.

So what you say what you want about the Catholics...they are out there on the front lines to help as much as they can. Meanwhile, the Manalo family is making sure their deacons are going from family to family to be sure they are attending church and giving their tithes. They take from the poor, not help them.

60 pesos a liter for gas? The Manalo family doesnt mind, they have millions stashed away from the poor they steal from with their lies.
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 28, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
And yes, Elias, the followers absolutely DO spearhead the relief efforts but there is no reason they should do it alone. This was a story covered by the news and the news is the one who told of the Catholic relief efforts, unlike INC doing it with press releases.
You always want to brag about INC helping out when in fact, it is all icing and no cake because they do it only if it will benefit their propaganda, not to get their hands dirty and REALLY help out.
So what you say what you want about the Catholics...they are out there on the front lines to help as much as they can. Meanwhile, the Manalo family is making sure their deacons are going from family to family to be sure they are attending church and giving their tithes. They take from the poor, not help them.
60 pesos a liter for gas? The Manalo family doesnt mind, they have millions stashed away from the poor they steal from with their lies.
Ozzy,

Relief efforts conducted by the Iglesia ni Cristo all over the world are for the alleviation of the hapless plight of people who are victims of calamities!!! While Catholic reliefs are means to scam people and twist the facts about the Roman Catholic Church such as their being anti-poor!!!

At present, the island of Mindanao is awash of hungry Roman Catholics and Protestants who needed help!!! Catholic and Protestants are now reportrd in the tri-media as ransacking bodegas/warehouses just to get rice!!!

The Catholic Church, like in the past, remains as usual as being indifferent and in apathy against the hapless poor!!! Why??? If many of the poor die because of hunger, the spurious cult remains as is or would still be making money out of deaths from the poor through masses for the dead!!!

All Roman Catholics must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 28, 2013
 
One church can not do it all, Elias. It takes HUMANITY to help their fellow man. From what I have seen, they do what they are able to. It is impossible to control bad things that some people may do, such as yourself and the hatred you spew on these boards.

Meanwhile, the Manalo family sits back and count their millions of pesos they steal from the poor every week. INC requires they pay. Catholic and Protestant churches will ask but they will never require it. There is no buying your salvation.
israelNOTpinas

Quezon City, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 28, 2013
 
INC very good in Marketing Propaganda... There are many INC members with flooded homes in Ondoy and habagat who never receives financial or emotional assistance from their kapatid.. they receive assistance from catholic and other sect...

Open your eyes Elias...

INC is a Cult hiding on a True Religion...

we need Relation not Religion.
we need communication not debate.

INC cult...
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 3, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
One church can not do it all, Elias. It takes HUMANITY to help their fellow man. From what I have seen, they do what they are able to. It is impossible to control bad things that some people may do, such as yourself and the hatred you spew on these boards.
Meanwhile, the Manalo family sits back and count their millions of pesos they steal from the poor every week. INC requires they pay. Catholic and Protestant churches will ask but they will never require it. There is no buying your salvation.
Ozzy,

No, the Roman Catholic Church does nothing!!! It does not even return to the original landowners the lands she landgrabbed through the centuries!!! While the Iglesia ni Cristo has several land resettlement projects which have the purpose of distributing lands to the landless!!! We are even ahead of the governemnt in this kind of endeavor!!!

The Roman Catholic remains in her pedestal as anti-poor with her authorities having large amounts of money invested in stocks!!! Nothing is spared for the hapless and that's the truth!!!

And stop accusing people who helped the poor all over the world!!! For even the U.S. military is a recepient of the INCGIVING movement!!!

Improve your low I.Q. for you can no longer twist the truth about the Iglesia ni Cristo!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 3, 2013
 
israelNOTpinas wrote:
INC very good in Marketing Propaganda... There are many INC members with flooded homes in Ondoy and habagat who never receives financial or emotional assistance from their kapatid.. they receive assistance from catholic and other sect...
Open your eyes Elias...
INC is a Cult hiding on a True Religion...
we need Relation not Religion.
we need communication not debate.
INC cult...
Low I.Q. Witness,

From congregation to congregation of the Iglesia ni Cristo all over the calamity areas, they all say that the Administration of the Church takes care of them!!! We react automatically to any situation that affects the lives of the brotherhood and even non-members have benefited from these!!!

Just watch INCTV showing INC GIVING and "Lingap Sa Mamamayan"!!!

Where did you get the idea that you don't need religion??? You are a fraud with low I.Q.!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 3, 2013
 
Catholic Charities and Red Cross are helping everyone, not just Catholics. They are helping EVERYONE because they do not ask what church they belong to. That is called HUMANITY. INC can not claim the same.
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 6, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
Catholic Charities and Red Cross are helping everyone, not just Catholics. They are helping EVERYONE because they do not ask what church they belong to. That is called HUMANITY. INC can not claim the same.
Ozzy,

Catholic charity are intended to defraud individuals and governments of their money!!! It comes from the Combined Federal Campaign!!! These are stolen by Roman Catholic officials:

Roman Catholic Bishop in PCSO fund mess holds Millions shares of stock in Ayala
at Sunday, July 17, 2011

One of the bishops embroiled in the controversial disbursement of Philippine Charity Sweepstakes Office (PCSO) funds to some Roman Catholic Church clergy actually has millions invested in one of the country's biggest conglomerates, data from the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) show.

According to Philippines Stock Exchange (PSE) records obtained by GMA News Research, the Roman Catholic Bishop of Tuguegarao owns more than 24,000 common shares of Ayala Corp., currently valued at ₱8 million.

With those holdings, retired Tuguegarao Archbishop Diosdado Talamayan held about 0.0049 percent of the total shares of the company which ranked him 73rd in the Top 100 stockholders list of Ayala Corp.

In 2009, Talamayan asked then President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo for funds to finish a retirement home in conjunction with his 25th anniversary as a bishop.
It was earlier reported that some P200,000 from PCSO's public relations fund were funneled into the "operational expenses" of a clergy retirement home in Solana town, Cagayan as requested by the bishop for the celebrations marking his 25th year as a Catholic bishop.

The money was disbursed despite the fact that organizers, in a letter to then PCSO director Ma. Fatima Valdes, only requested for ₱2,500 for the tickets to a fundraising dinner the diocese organized.

According to documents obtained by GMA News, Talamayan personally wrote former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo a letter in 2009 requesting funds for the retirement home's "finishing touches."
"Our retirement home, which you helped construct, needs only the finishing touches. And I pray that God give me the graces to adjust smoothly to my new phase in my life," the archbishop said in his letter to Arroyo.

In a resolution dated November 2009, the PCSO board decided to grant a request from the Office of the President specifying Talamayan's wishes, but the exact amount of the grant was not disclosed. The board said the money will be charged to the PCSO Charity Fund which, according to its Charter, could only be used for "medical assistance and services and/or charities of national character."


Post 1...to be contined

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 6, 2013
 
Dioceses as stockholders

The Archdiocese of Tuguegarao is just one of the groups connected with the Roman Catholic Church that hold stocks in companies whose shares are traded on the PSE.

PSE data show that several archdioceses and church groups own stocks in Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI), Philippine Airlines, San Miguel Corp. and PHILEX Mining Corp.

In BPI, the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Manila ranks fourth in the bank's list of Top 100 stockholders with more than 200 million shares currently valued at P17.3 billion, and represents 6.266 percent of the bank's outstanding shares.
In an interview with GMA News' Sandra Aguinaldo on "State of the Nation," retired Lingayen-Dagupan Archbishop Oscar Cruz said there's nothing wrong with the Church's investments in local firms, since its wealth was merely inherited from Spanish friars over a century ago and was invested in strong companies to nurture it.

But in the view of columnist and staunch Reproductive Health Bill advocate Elizabeth Angsioco, these bishops had effectively robbed the poor of the financial help from PCSO when they, in fact, had the wealth to fund their needs.

"Nagulantang ako doon sa laki ng pera na nasa stocks. Bukod pa do'n, yung panghihingi nila doon sa PCSO, ang kinumpetensya nila, ay yung mga mahihirap na mamamayan," Angsioco said in the same interview.

The ₱200,000 that went to Talamayan is ten times the P20,000-cap on PCSO's Individual Medical Assistance Program.

Post 2...to be continued

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
Ozzy

Catskill, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 6, 2013
 
Your conspiracy theories are laughable! bwahahaha
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 8, 2013
 
Ozzy wrote:
Your conspiracy theories are laughable! bwahahaha
Ozzy,

Of course it is very funny!!! Alleged men of God gathering wealth on earth at the expense of the hapless in the Catholic Church!!! The scam is again exposed!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
lol

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 8, 2013
 
Pray for peace that the war between the Sulu Sultanate and Malaysia will not escalade.
ELIAS IBARRA

Barrigada, Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 10, 2013
 
lol wrote:
Pray for peace that the war between the Sulu Sultanate and Malaysia will not escalade.
Lol,

It will stop and they will come to their proper senses!!! The matter is the mistake of Protestant landgrabbing England!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 12, 2013
 
Making aid or relief as a political tool is but routine Roman Catholic and Protestant maneuverings to control the mindset of the populace!!!

Members of churches of sinners, of fools, and of low I.Q.s are susceptible so much to any form of mind control and bending!!! Thus, there is no let-up in advertisements of so-called apparitions including graven images jettisoning tears and blood!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam
ELIAS IBARRA

Guam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 16, 2013
 
Thousands of Roman Catholics and Protestants without food are being abandoned by their respective spurious religions to the elements!!! A Filipino Catholic leader was gunning as "VICARIVS FILII DEI" in the Vatican although his faithfuls are ransacking warehouses for rice and other goods just to contain their hunger!!!

Nothing can be gained from this Vatican religion for her actions when expropriating properties from conquered natives are equivalent to saying: "These are mine, those are mine, and everything and anything are mine!!!

All Roman Catholics, Atheists, Protestants, Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, Bereans, "Ang Dating Tumbong Doon" K.Y.J. Eli Fernando Soriano, Baptists, Seventh-day Adventists, Evangelicals, Charismatics, Spurious Born-again, Presbyterians, Othodox, 700 Bar Club members, Episcopalians, Methodists, Branch Davidians, members of the American cults, skeptics, agnostics, and those outside of the true Church of Christ (Iglesia ni Cristo) must improve their low I.Q.s!!!

Real Elias Ibarra
Guam

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
There's still time to fight hunger in metro Det... 15 min Dark Night 4
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) 15 min Mister Softee 172
Halton Police: kids locked in car accidentally 59 min Avril 1
10 Reasons To Visit The Greek Island Kos (Jun '12) 1 hr Crusader 23
Kids removed: Filthy home (Apr '09) 6 hr Been there 437
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Save Our Schools 31,183
Ohio baby sitter pleads guilty to raping 4 kids... 6 hr Pops 1

Search the Family Forum:
•••