'Heartbreaking and infuriating': Russian adoption ban shocks, saddens West Tennessee families

Jan 6, 2013 Full story: The Jackson Sun

West Tennessee families who have adopted children from Russia are angry about the country's new ban on U.S. adoptions, but encourage those who may want to adopt a child from Russia to remain hopeful.

Full Story

Jackson, TN

#1 Jan 6, 2013
Why not adopt American kids?
Glenn Hubbard

Savannah, TN

#2 Jan 21, 2013
guest wrote:
Thank you. These affluent types seem to think the world's babies are their marketplace to pick and choose. They are not an asset available for purchase to American buyers.
AdoptionRocks

Jackson, TN

#3 Monday Dec 8
Why does it matter where people adopt from as long as a kid is ending up with a family? I'm pretty sure being an orphan is borderless. Where have you adopted from?
USSR

Bowling Green, KY

#4 Monday Dec 8
guest wrote:
That's a fair question with a complex answer. The American process is more convoluted and risky with more heart break than you may realize. There are about 100 American couples willing to adopt for every available infant. Older children are more available but come with a bag of hurt due to the rights that biological parents still have post-adoption. International adoption almost always involves a child that has been documented to have been abandoned by the parents usually due to financial reasons. International adoption provides logistical difficulties for bio-parents that may have had a change of heart as well.
gus

Memphis, TN

#5 Monday Dec 8
I would like to adopt a thirties good looking female. Which country would be best?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 1 hr Ravenclaw 20
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 5 hr DeeDee86 28
Single mom, 5 kids homeless after fire 7 hr hardhead 2
For Once the Anti-Vaxxers Aren't (Entirely) to ... 7 hr New mom 5
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 7 hr dee lightful 156
Person of the week: Jessica Marchetti (Mar '12) 9 hr Tarah Toohil fan 6
4 mothers share pain of losing sons 10 hr Calvin Ralls 7
More from around the web