Teen parent programs could be cut from schools

Crystal Plascencia was still in middle school when she learned she was pregnant with her first child. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#21 Jun 11, 2009
Just Having Fun wrote:
Give this poor girl a break. It's not her fault that 3 boys out of possibly several hundred she had sex with lied to her. She trusted them when they told her they had on a condom. 18 and 3 rug rats already? Ehola!!!
Yea, it's not her fault that she's a human sleeping bag. Take a number and she'll call you when it's your turn.

Calling number 7.

Number 7.
Currently Pregnant

Meridian, ID

#23 Jun 12, 2009
Think about the fact that the "adults" in this world right now will eventually be dead, and who is going to be left to fill the world? Drop-out teens that made a bad decision? What will our economy look like then? Tax payers will be dishing out even more for halfway houses and jails. By cutting a program that helps teen mom's finish high school and get a proper education, the child of that mother is affected as well. They will be deprived of a proper home, and possibly even schooling. The cycle will continue to spiral downward.

Since: Mar 09

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#24 Jun 12, 2009
Currently Pregnant wrote:
Think about the fact that the "adults" in this world right now will eventually be dead, and who is going to be left to fill the world? Drop-out teens that made a bad decision? What will our economy look like then? Tax payers will be dishing out even more for halfway houses and jails. By cutting a program that helps teen mom's finish high school and get a proper education, the child of that mother is affected as well. They will be deprived of a proper home, and possibly even schooling. The cycle will continue to spiral downward.
I disagree! If a single mom or teen mom has to drop out to get a job in order to support her kid then so be it. Trust me she will realize how difficult it is and will think twice before having another kid. Right now these girls have it easy. They don't realize how hard it is to support a family because they get everything handed to them. There are no consequences for their actions.
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#25 Jun 12, 2009
Currently Pregnant wrote:
Think about the fact that the "adults" in this world right now will eventually be dead, and who is going to be left to fill the world? Drop-out teens that made a bad decision? What will our economy look like then? Tax payers will be dishing out even more for halfway houses and jails. By cutting a program that helps teen mom's finish high school and get a proper education, the child of that mother is affected as well. They will be deprived of a proper home, and possibly even schooling. The cycle will continue to spiral downward.
Life is full of actions and consequences. If you cannot handle the consequence, don't do the action. Getting pregnant out od wedlock, or underage is the product of a child that thinks they know better than thousands of years of common knowledge. When you do something that will affect your life, such as a child, you don't expect society to bail you out and take away the sting, and hopefully the lesson, associated with the mistake. You accept the responsibility and make sure the mistake doesn't happen, again.

Society is experiencing the downward spiral, because those consequences are softened by society taking away the sting of those consequences.
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#26 Jun 13, 2009
Currently Pregnant wrote:
Think about the fact that the "adults" in this world right now will eventually be dead, and who is going to be left to fill the world? Drop-out teens that made a bad decision? What will our economy look like then? Tax payers will be dishing out even more for halfway houses and jails. By cutting a program that helps teen mom's finish high school and get a proper education, the child of that mother is affected as well. They will be deprived of a proper home, and possibly even schooling. The cycle will continue to spiral downward.
Then you'll realize the we were right, but, like always, it'll be too late. In short, you and your generation will be come us. And like us, the younger generation will view your generation with contempt and entitlement.

Like every generation, you'll see the wisdom of your forefathers.

Since: Dec 07

the woods, Pa

#27 Jun 13, 2009
When you continue to add fuel to a fire (throwing freebies at teens who have multiple babies) the fire is never going to burn itself out. The only thing this girl needs is put in the bed of a pickup truck and taken through an automatic car wash to remove the scum.

You think she would learn after one, okay maybe after two, well, third times a charm, right? No sympathy for this Sl** from me.
Second Thoughts

Apple Valley, CA

#28 Jun 13, 2009
Just Having Fun wrote:
Give this poor girl a break. It's not her fault that 3 boys out of possibly several hundred she had sex with lied to her. She trusted them when they told her they had on a condom. 18 and 3 rug rats already? Ehola!!!
Yea, you'll not have anyone telling you how to live your life, but they better be there to help bail you out for your stupid decisions that you would,ve avioded had you just listened to them.

It's too bad that you don't exercise your rebellious individualism when it comes to taking individual responsibility for your stupid decisions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Detroit Public School To Suspend Kids If Parent... 21 min Butters 11
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 51 min little lamb 670
Children's Book Authors: H.A. Rey and Margret R... 4 hr Logan 1
Police advise parents to monitor kids' phone, i... 8 hr Concerned citizen 2
Women May Face Extra Challenges in Seeking Fina... 12 hr QUITTNER Mar 4 2015 2
Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 13 hr Pro Public Education 265
Sex instruction book aimed at toddlers (May '09) 22 hr Earl 5
More from around the web