Pregnant teen should have been given different options - Sentinel &...

There are 48 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from May 9, 2010, titled Pregnant teen should have been given different options - Sentinel &.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

The headline: "Pregnant teen has no idea where to turn" caught my eye. The unmarried 17-year-old who signed her letter "Frustrated Teen Mom in Omaha" was five months pregnant and asking the syndicated columnists for advice.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Truth

Gardner, MA

#44 May 15, 2010
Bernie wrote:
All teenage and unmarried women who get pregnant are the sole ones to blame. Though it takes two to Tango, she is the keeper of the gate. Keep the gate closed and you will never become pregnant! It really is that simple. Any one else who writes here about teen peer pressure or TV sceenes or it's the times or poor up bringing is legally blind.
KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!
Thanks for making sense, Bernie.
If you read most of these posts', they would have you believe that these young ladies are getting pregnant by accident.
I realize that some may have been raped, and through no fault of their own, became pregnant.
By my guess is that 90% of them made a conscious choice to have sex, and because of a failed upbringing and lack of common sense, find themselves in a situation of having to make a choice to either abort, or live a life that is going to produce another welfare recipient dependant on others to not only support them, but their child.
Our society today is producing kids that are out of control by the time they reach their teens.
Parents, take control of your children.
Teach them Godly values, and pay close attention to their lifestyles, and step in when you know things are going in the wrong direction, talk to them, be deeply involved in their lives, let them know you love them and are not willing to see their lives ruined because of bad decisions regardless of what their peers are doing.
It only takes one bad decision to create a lifetime of misery.
Don't let our corrupt and immoral society dictate the kind of life they will live.
If they know you love them, they will listen, and thank you for it when they become adults.
FutureMrs

Medway, MA

#45 May 17, 2010
smurfz wrote:
<quoted text> well yes, but i was talking about thee decision abort, keep, or give away by 5 monthes it kind of obvious what you want.
It is only obvious that you wouldn't want to abort - but adoption or keeping the baby is something many women struggle with until the very end.
Cera M

Boston, MA

#46 May 21, 2010
Nonsense....Planned Parenthood absolutely offers contact information for adotption services. Do your research!

Since: Sep 09

Fort Thomas, KY

#47 May 6, 2012
Bernie wrote:
All teenage and unmarried women who get pregnant are the sole ones to blame. Though it takes two to Tango, she is the keeper of the gate. Keep the gate closed and you will never become pregnant! It really is that simple. Any one else who writes here about teen peer pressure or TV sceenes or it's the times or poor up bringing is legally blind.
KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!
Why do you have to be married to have kid!! what is this 1950?!!!! I have 9 month old son and not married. sure he was depo shot baby. I am not fool my health is not the greatest so I had knowing I could never have child if I waited even 2 more years. No his father and I parted on good terms he sees his son regulary. I am not on welfare, have WIC, or state medicaid. Now the teen part I agree with you

Fort Thomas, KY

#48 May 6, 2012
FutureMrs wrote:
<quoted text>
It is only obvious that you wouldn't want to abort - but adoption or keeping the baby is something many women struggle with until the very end.
I had abortion okay we were trying and if I didn't abort I would have been dead. Plus the fetus wouldn't live anyways. I had my son nope I knew what I wanted within the first trimester. I don't get it can't anyone make a descision.
Deputy Dawg

Fitchburg, MA

#49 May 6, 2012
smurfz wrote:
<quoted text>
I had abortion okay we were trying and if I didn't abort I would have been dead. Plus the fetus wouldn't live anyways. I had my son nope I knew what I wanted within the first trimester. I don't get it can't anyone make a descision.
Illegal Alian like typing detected. Your English is awful. Put down the crack pipe and learn the language. And stop having welfare babies, we're tire of paying for your mistakes.

Fort Thomas, KY

#50 May 6, 2012
Deputy Dawg wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal Alian like typing detected. Your English is awful. Put down the crack pipe and learn the language. And stop having welfare babies, we're tire of paying for your mistakes.
Yes, my english is horrible it has been awhile since I wrote in it bite me. Okay being military brat it is pathetic but give me break for not using it for about 7 months sue me!!! I am not on welfare. I had abortion at that time from issue with my lupus. Your yelling at me because I am not married. I am not fool my body only has a vitable time to bear children. I have 5 aunts who are were not married when they had children. Longer you wait is more harmful to your body. I agree 17 is horrible with many birth controls there is no excuse. I was trying with my first try with sadly my fiance died of bloodclot in his brain. My friend got pregnant on purpose well she is 25 so its pushing it. She has medical problems like I and she just finished her MBA.
I completely agree with your other posts except the marriage part I don't agree with. Yes, I am unmarried have a son who is healthy. I am spoiled that I do work at home and have nanny that helps me out. I may be computer programmer contracted out and I have to usually work grave shifts because I the median beteen the US and Japan centers of the company. So don't dare insult my intergrity! yes I am single mom!! I take long shifts with weird hours. So does many women. I love my son yes when I did have him he was not planned yes it was my fault not knowing the meds rendered the effects of the depo doesn't matter He is Mine thats all that matters. I do sadly know someone on state money she does have two kids she lost her job because of her cancer relasped. So maybe you shouldn't judge so badly like that.

Fort Thomas, KY

#51 May 6, 2012
I am on here Because i have annoying sister. Isn't alien not alian. I may be okay i am total geek I admit that. I never was the cheerleading type in high school hence I tested out. I do have question maybe it might be caused Cause i grew up on base in Oki nawa but what is up with the whole mairage issue I think maybe its generation thing. I am not attacking I just wondered. i am sadly In the south never got it is it one those christian things. if it one those faith things it make sense but you do realize not everyone is that faith. I never understand what the big deal was!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct ... 4 min lay pastor 9
News Duggar family joins Rick Santorum on campaign t... (Apr '12) 1 hr Yes Tazo 8
News Parents Debate on Children's Vaccination Requir... 4 hr Dr jiang Wu 5
News Ontario's education system in turmoil due to te... 4 hr Caliph Bob Daddy 2
News Why more than 100,000 people have asked TLC to ... 8 hr Tazo 50
News Wynne government yet to take action on school s... 8 hr a no Wynne situation 1
News TLC pulls "19 Kids and Counting" over Josh Dugg... 8 hr Tazo 3
More from around the web