Pregnant teen should have been given different options - Sentinel &...

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

The headline: "Pregnant teen has no idea where to turn" caught my eye. The unmarried 17-year-old who signed her letter "Frustrated Teen Mom in Omaha" was five months pregnant and asking the syndicated columnists for advice.
Comments
21 - 40 of 48 Comments Last updated May 6, 2012
Anne

Palo Alto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>Nothing reckless with dealth by dear stupid women. There are times a women has no choice. EDUCATE your self.
"Nothing reckless with dealth by dear stupid women."

:):) What does this sentence mean? Have you created your own language?

Point made. Ignorance and recklessness are the main factors in 95% of unwanted pregancies. And Zimmer is a perfect example of that. Do you mean that some women don't have a choice because they're too drunk?
Anne

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text> Anne I have one child, he was a choice. I CHOOSE not to have any more that is my choice. Some times birth control does not work. Due to many factors some MOST women do not know that birth control does not always work.
1) if you take antibiotics
2) skipped dose
3) other medication/herbal remedys
4) condom breakage
I can keep going on this list for birth control methods that do not work.....get educated. A womens body is hers and hers alone. It is HER choice. If she choice to abort it is her choice. Some times birth control methods DO fail. She should have other options. IE: the morning after pill and abortion. In my own life I can NOT have another child it will kill me I have one son to take care of and hysterectomy is not a option so IF the unthinkable does happen I want to beable to have that CHOICE to abort.
Exactly my point. "MOST women do not know that birth control does not always work" = ignorance. Ignorance is not an excuse to kill.
Voter

Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Fitchburg Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing to me how people that are against Planned Parenthood resort to lies. Planned Parenthood is non-profit. It's unlikely that given folks like you they could have this status if they were making a profit. Now you wouldn't stand for that one bit. Go help the children that are already born and need assistance rather than trying to bring more into the world.
You do know that you're grossly misinformed regarding the definition of nonprofit, don't you?

A company or organization can be nonprofit and still generate revenue that makes it...wait for it...profitable! It's just that those profits are not redistributed to the owners as dividends or shares.

PP is making a profit. I don't really care how they are doing it as it's none of my business, but they are profitable. If they weren't they wouldn't be able to open new offices, hire employees, or buy new office equipment.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Laughable wrote:
No offense to anyone on this post, but did you not all consider that if these women had any morals, or character upbringing, that they would have abstained from having **** until they were prepared for the consequences.
Please, Please don't tell me that this is unrealistic.That is a lie from the pit of hell!!
Our society wants people to believe that this type of behavior is normal and o.k.
parents, teach your children proper behavior and stay in constant contact with them, their friends, what they watch, wear, etc.
If you set the proper example and enforce positive life lessons, they will thank you later in life, and pass an honorable, ethical, and acceptab;e form of behavior on to their children.
LAUGHABLE Is a fitting name for you. Define moral.
sdfghjk

Lowell, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

how many babies has Mr Saudelli adopted??
Ace

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

"That is a lie from the pit of hell!!"

man i hear ya, i was there last Saturday night and I ain't goin' back there for a loooong time!
Laughable

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text> LAUGHABLE Is a fitting name for you. Define moral.
Glad you asked.
Moral is teaching your children that being sexually active before marriage is wrong.
Guessing by your ignorance of the term "moral", I am assuming that is not in your upbringing.
Children tend to emulate what they see their parent's do, and if they are taught to have respect for themselves and not get involved with all the trash that society dumps on them, they will see that their decisions have consequences.
If parents are not willing to set the example, then society will, and for obvious reasons it usually leads to a lifetime of bad decisions and problems for not only themselves, but for their children as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Laughable you know nothing about me or my back ground. Main Entry: 1mor·al
Pronunciation:\&#712;mo &#775;r-&#601;l, &#712;mär-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin moralis, from mor-, mos custom
Date: 14th century
1 a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical <moral judgments> b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <a moral poem> c : conforming to a standard of right behavior d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment <a moral obligation> e : capable of right and wrong action <a moral agent>
2 : probable though not proved : virtual <a moral certainty>
3 : perceptual or psychological rather than tangible or practical in nature or effect <a moral victory> <moral support>

— mor·al·ly \-&#601;-l&#275;\ adverb

synonyms moral, ethical, virtuous, righteous, noble mean conforming to a standard of what is right and good. moral implies conformity to established sanctioned codes or accepted notions of right and wrong <the basic moral values of a community>. ethical may suggest the involvement of more difficult or subtle questions of rightness, fairness, or equity <committed to the highest ethical principles>. virtuous implies moral excellence in character <not a religious person, but virtuous nevertheless>. righteous stresses guiltlessness or blamelessness and often suggests the sanctimonious <wished to be righteous before God and the world>. noble implies moral eminence and freedom from anything petty, mean, or dubious in conduct and character <had the noblest of reasons for seeking office>.

As you read in merriam-webster.

WHO are you to put your MORALS on anyone else. Your morals are your own. Do not press them one anyone else. I this case of abortion that chooce has nothing to do with you.

Just to inform you I grew up a strict Roman catholic. That hay of thought is outmoded and non sensical in my view. I us to tick off the nuns every chance I got, loved it too. They hated anyone that questioned anything and I was so good at putting them in a corner and question every Belief they hold dear. My great uncle was a cardinal in the church also we had wonderful debates. Not any one of these people can our would give logical well versed answers to any question and it seems like you follow suit. My morals are nothing you have the right to question. Look at your own self before you judge others.
Laughable

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
Laughable you know nothing about me or my back ground. Main Entry: 1mor·al
Pronunciation:\&#712;mo &#775;r-&#601;l, &#712;mär-\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin moralis, from mor-, mos custom
Date: 14th century
1 a : of or relating to principles of right and wrong in behavior : ethical <moral judgments> b : expressing or teaching a conception of right behavior <a moral poem> c : conforming to a standard of right behavior d : sanctioned by or operative on one's conscience or ethical judgment <a moral obligation> e : capable of right and wrong action <a moral agent>
2 : probable though not proved : virtual <a moral certainty>
3 : perceptual or psychological rather than tangible or practical in nature or effect <a moral victory> <moral support>
— mor·al·ly \-&#601;-l&#275;\ adverb
synonyms moral, ethical, virtuous, righteous, noble mean conforming to a standard of what is right and good. moral implies conformity to established sanctioned codes or accepted notions of right and wrong <the basic moral values of a community>. ethical may suggest the involvement of more difficult or subtle questions of rightness, fairness, or equity <committed to the highest ethical principles>. virtuous implies moral excellence in character <not a religious person, but virtuous nevertheless>. righteous stresses guiltlessness or blamelessness and often suggests the sanctimonious <wished to be righteous before God and the world>. noble implies moral eminence and freedom from anything petty, mean, or dubious in conduct and character <had the noblest of reasons for seeking office>.
As you read in merriam-webster.
WHO are you to put your MORALS on anyone else. Your morals are your own. Do not press them one anyone else. I this case of abortion that chooce has nothing to do with you.
Just to inform you I grew up a strict Roman catholic. That hay of thought is outmoded and non sensical in my view. I us to tick off the nuns every chance I got, loved it too. They hated anyone that questioned anything and I was so good at putting them in a corner and question every Belief they hold dear. My great uncle was a cardinal in the church also we had wonderful debates. Not any one of these people can our would give logical well versed answers to any question and it seems like you follow suit. My morals are nothing you have the right to question. Look at your own self before you judge others.
wow!! who are you trying to convince, me or you.
Good thing you have a dictionary, otherwise you might not know it all!!
In any case,I take the word of God over man, and HE says abortion and homosexuality is wrong, regardless of what the supreme court or any court says.
He is my guide, but that's o.k., you stick to your beliefs, I will stay with the word of God, regardless of what your or anyone else believes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Laughable wrote:
<quoted text>wow!! who are you trying to convince, me or you.
Good thing you have a dictionary, otherwise you might not know it all!!
In any case,I take the word of God over man, and HE says abortion and homosexuality is wrong, regardless of what the supreme court or any court says.
He is my guide, but that's o.k., you stick to your beliefs, I will stay with the word of God, regardless of what your or anyone else believes.
ignorance is bliss.

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem

Es stultior asino
Voter

Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
ignorance is bliss.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
Es stultior asino
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Ceasar and an oar...I suggest you practice a bit. Nice try. verb is off, NEXT..!!! LOL

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Voter wrote:
<quoted text>
Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Cur etiam hic est
FutureMrs

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

smurfz wrote:
okay the article is an idiot but if ur 5 months you should already know by now. abortion aside. either you keep it or put it up for adoption not that hard.
If you think pregnancy is simply about abortion/deciding to keep the baby/opting for adoption you are hugely mistaken.

Prenatal care is extremely important for the health of the mother and the baby. Also, counseling for someone who clearly has no one else to turn to for advice or information.

Pregnancy is scary at any age, but I can't imagine being a 17 year old who is terrified and unsure of where to turn.
FutureMrs

Concord, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Laughable wrote:
No offense to anyone on this post, but did you not all consider that if these women had any morals, or character upbringing, that they would have abstained from having **** until they were prepared for the consequences.
Why are you focusing on the women? She didn't get pregnant by herself.

No one can be 100% "prepared" for the consequences, regardless of age, marital status or upbringing.
Voter

Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
Ceasar and an oar...I suggest you practice a bit. Nice try. verb is off, NEXT..!!! LOL
It is you who are incorrect...

"If Ceasar were alive, you'd be chained to an oar."
Voter

Bedford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Zimmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Cur etiam hic est
Corpus vile

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

FutureMrs wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think pregnancy is simply about abortion/deciding to keep the baby/opting for adoption you are hugely mistaken.
Prenatal care is extremely important for the health of the mother and the baby. Also, counseling for someone who clearly has no one else to turn to for advice or information.
Pregnancy is scary at any age, but I can't imagine being a 17 year old who is terrified and unsure of where to turn.
well yes, but i was talking about thee decision abort, keep, or give away by 5 monthes it kind of obvious what you want.
Bernie

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

All teenage and unmarried women who get pregnant are the sole ones to blame. Though it takes two to Tango, she is the keeper of the gate. Keep the gate closed and you will never become pregnant! It really is that simple. Any one else who writes here about teen peer pressure or TV sceenes or it's the times or poor up bringing is legally blind.
KEEP YOUR LEGS CLOSED!
Blogenburgian

Clinton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2010

Fitchburg Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing to me how people that are against Planned Parenthood resort to lies. Planned Parenthood is non-profit. It's unlikely that given folks like you they could have this status if they were making a profit. Now you wouldn't stand for that one bit. Go help the children that are already born and need assistance rather than trying to bring more into the world.
The profit is in the salaries of all of the well rewarded executives that run these franchises. The main interest that they are looking out for is themselves!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amish farm kids have lower asthma, allergy risk (Mar '12) 3 hr WAKEFIELD WAS RIGHT 6
LGBT Movement's "New Morality": Making Gay Okay 4 hr Wondering 43
Restoration of cuts to Kentucky's child care as... 4 hr Seth Ashford 4
Arkansas grandparents gain stronger visitation ... (Mar '10) 4 hr Ark_Nonna 21
Many kids fall through gaps in dental care 4 hr Claire Reynolds 11
Watertown Pediatric Dentistry hosts open house,... (Aug '13) 5 hr Seth Ashford 4
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 7 hr They cannot kill ... 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Family People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••