Pregnant teen should have been given different options - Sentinel &...

The headline: "Pregnant teen has no idea where to turn" caught my eye. The unmarried 17-year-old who signed her letter "Frustrated Teen Mom in Omaha" was five months pregnant and asking the syndicated columnists for advice. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Shaking My Head

Southbridge, MA

#1 May 9, 2010
So what are these many agencies that help you bring an unplanned baby into this world?

And Planned Parenthood DOES provide information about prenatal care and counseling. Saying they do not is libel and slander.

Saudelli: you are a liar and a hate monger. You pedal fear and you libel a group that does more for woman than you ever will.

Your opinions about abortion are one thing. But your libel and slander about Planned Parenthood are another.

PP should follow up with people like you and take you to court and make you pay for your slander and libel.

Do us all a favor and stay out of women's lives. You're a moron who tries to sell his politics of fear and hate through lies.
Shaking My Head

Southbridge, MA

#2 May 9, 2010
m*o*r*o*n is the **** word in my post above.
Stella

Clinton, MA

#3 May 9, 2010
Shaking My Head wrote:
m*o*r*o*n is the **** word in my post above.
I couldn't agree with you more!

Since: Sep 09

Louisville, KY

#5 May 9, 2010
okay the article is an idiot but if ur 5 months you should already know by now. abortion aside. either you keep it or put it up for adoption not that hard.
Fitchburg Resident

Fitchburg, MA

#6 May 10, 2010
So the author of this letter has worked at a Planned Parenthood? He knows first hand the information given to women at Planned Parenthood? At least Planned Parenthood discusses options unlike the so called crisis pregnancy centers that use lies and deceit to sway women into continuing an unplanned pregnancy. Shame on the Sentinel and Enterprise for publishing letters that spread lies. Why don't you go visit one of these so called crisis pregancy centers. If abortion is so bad, why is it that they need to resort to lies and distortion of facts to sway women's decisions.
Aslan

Leominster, MA

#7 May 10, 2010
Those of you opposed to his letter must have never visited such a center. Some are licensed medical centers following strict guidelines from the Department of Public Health in MA and which share the truth of pregnancy and all of the options including the scientifically substantiated dangers of abortion to the mother's future mental health and well being as well as possible physical complications. Many of these licensed centers also provide ultrasound - when a woman actually sees what is growing in her uterus - that it has a head, arms and legs and is moving around - she realizes it is not a "blob" of tissue and she, not the staff, can then make an educated decision as to what she wants to do.
I bought the lie that it was just a "blob" years ago when my friend had an abortion. Many years later she is still regretful of her decision, as are many.

I have seen staff members at these pregnancy centers dig into their own pockets to help these women, and work tirelessly to find them all the services they need. The fruit of all the labors a the centers is how many of these women return with their babies to thank the staffers for their help.

You have your facts wrong. Planned Parenthood is in the preventing parenthood business, abortion is the number one service they provide and they are the number one abortion provider in the country. With almost 50,000,000 since the 70s, that is obscene.
Bob

East Chatham, NY

#8 May 10, 2010
So what the letter writer, ROBERT A. SAUDELLI means was why was this teen age girl not told that ROBERT A. SAUDELLI has all the answers in life and his morals and and life experience hold true for all humans. She should have sought out ROBERT A. SAUDELLI and he would tell her how to live her life correctly.
RenoLady

Sparks, NV

#9 May 10, 2010
I am 100% pro-choice and support Planned Parenthood all the way. I also am 100% in supporting women who wish to keep their babies or put them up for adoption. We have a non-profit Catholic supported agency in Reno that does just that. Unfortunately, most of those who speak out against abortion do not put their money where their mouth is. What I don't support are people like the Duggars who have how many children and counting ? Religious zealots who populate the environment for monetary gain and self aggrandizement should be subject to mandatory sterilization.
Options

United States

#10 May 10, 2010
Should not be mandatory.

Location hidden

#11 May 10, 2010
Robert...Leominster...pleasant st? lol now really should you be passing judgement? Have you ever went in to a planned parenthood? Have you? I think not. How the H*ll do you know what they do or don't do. I think a bunch us women should go over to your place on pleasant st. and hold a picket line. Embarress you a bit. Who are you to tell any women what she can or can not have access too? You have a god complex do you? We have the RIGHT to take birth control We have the RIGHT not to have childern We have the right to seek an abortion We have the RIGHT to seek medical care and ANY form we as WOMEN choose to. Maybe it is time for a MALE birth control. About time men understand responceabity for reproductive issues. After all men tend not to understand that keeping their pr*ick in the pants or covering it cuts the chances of a unwanted child because after all birth control does not always work. One stupid smack for you.

Location hidden

#12 May 10, 2010
RenoLady wrote:
I am 100% pro-choice and support Planned Parenthood all the way. I also am 100% in supporting women who wish to keep their babies or put them up for adoption. We have a non-profit Catholic supported agency in Reno that does just that. Unfortunately, most of those who speak out against abortion do not put their money where their mouth is. What I don't support are people like the Duggars who have how many children and counting ? Religious zealots who populate the environment for monetary gain and self aggrandizement should be subject to mandatory sterilization.
Agree. Although we do have the right to choose what we do with our own bodies. Abortion or not we have the right to choose. mandatory sterilization for both sexes.
Voter

Bedford, MA

#13 May 10, 2010
RenoLady wrote:
Religious zealots who populate the environment for monetary gain and self aggrandizement should be subject to mandatory sterilization.
While I agree with your statement would you apply the same rule for anyone who is abusing our Welfare system by having baby after baby so that they can stay on the government teat? Would you apply that same rule to illegals who are coming in and having anchor babies? Perhaps, have one anchor baby but after that we tie your tubes?
Anne

Plano, TX

#14 May 10, 2010
"We have the RIGHT to take birth control We have the RIGHT not to have childern." AND IF WE'RE TOO IGNORANT OR RECKLESS OR SO SELF ABSORBED THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUFFER THE INCONVENIENCE OF CARRYING A CHILD FOR 9-MONTHS THAT WAS CONCEIVED DUE TO OUR OWN IGNORANCE, THEN, apparently we have the right to kill.

True, we have the right to choose what we do with our own bodies. But if that CHOICE results in the creation of HUMAN LIFE, then there are consequences. You don't have to RAISE the child, just don't kill it because of a CHOICE you made.

Location hidden

#15 May 10, 2010
Anne wrote:
"We have the RIGHT to take birth control We have the RIGHT not to have childern." AND IF WE'RE TOO IGNORANT OR RECKLESS OR SO SELF ABSORBED THAT WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUFFER THE INCONVENIENCE OF CARRYING A CHILD FOR 9-MONTHS THAT WAS CONCEIVED DUE TO OUR OWN IGNORANCE, THEN, apparently we have the right to kill.
True, we have the right to choose what we do with our own bodies. But if that CHOICE results in the creation of HUMAN LIFE, then there are consequences. You don't have to RAISE the child, just don't kill it because of a CHOICE you made.
Anne I have one child, he was a choice. I CHOOSE not to have any more that is my choice. Some times birth control does not work. Due to many factors some MOST women do not know that birth control does not always work.
1) if you take antibiotics
2) skipped dose
3) other medication/herbal remedys
4) condom breakage

I can keep going on this list for birth control methods that do not work.....get educated. A womens body is hers and hers alone. It is HER choice. If she choice to abort it is her choice. Some times birth control methods DO fail. She should have other options. IE: the morning after pill and abortion. In my own life I can NOT have another child it will kill me I have one son to take care of and hysterectomy is not a option so IF the unthinkable does happen I want to beable to have that CHOICE to abort.

Location hidden

#16 May 10, 2010
Anne wrote:
Nothing reckless with dealth by dear stupid women. There are times a women has no choice. EDUCATE your self.

Louisville, KY

#17 May 10, 2010
actually i think abortion is a choice that it. everyone woman has that choice and the centers do have high standards. By 5 months you should know what you want? How hard is it to make a decision lets what?!!! was the girl staring at the wall for 5months. To me I think the girl is stupid as it is.
RenoLady

Sparks, NV

#18 May 10, 2010
I would support a law that requires mandatory sterilization for any woman who is on the public dole after two children are born to that woman. The fathers of these children would have to have vasectomies if it was established that they had fathered two children who were on welfare. As far as illegals are concerned, I believe the law should be changed so that children of illegal aliens should not be given U.S. citizenship automatically. If the parents are in the process of becoming citizens through some procedural path, the children could become citizens after the parents are sworn in. But dream on, these two things will never happen........ unless hell freezes over.
Blogenburgian

Clinton, MA

#19 May 10, 2010
This franchise should be called Planned Profithood
Fitchburg Resident

Fitchburg, MA

#20 May 11, 2010
Blogenburgian wrote:
This franchise should be called Planned Profithood
It's amazing to me how people that are against Planned Parenthood resort to lies. Planned Parenthood is non-profit. It's unlikely that given folks like you they could have this status if they were making a profit. Now you wouldn't stand for that one bit. Go help the children that are already born and need assistance rather than trying to bring more into the world.
Laughable

Gardner, MA

#21 May 11, 2010
No offense to anyone on this post, but did you not all consider that if these women had any morals, or character upbringing, that they would have abstained from having sex until they were prepared for the consequences.
Please, Please don't tell me that this is unrealistic.That is a lie from the pit of hell!!
Our society wants people to believe that this type of behavior is normal and o.k.
parents, teach your children proper behavior and stay in constant contact with them, their friends, what they watch, wear, etc.
If you set the proper example and enforce positive life lessons, they will thank you later in life, and pass an honorable, ethical, and acceptab;e form of behavior on to their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 8 hr Christian Trucker 231
LoanMax gives $10,000 for KAMP Dovetail 8 hr earmagerd 3
Municipal Election 2014: School trustees candid... 21 hr much 1 sided info... 8
Ausbon to run for sheriff (Feb '08) Sat Yeah 311
Should Santa Claus still be fat? Sat Maniac Stopper 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sat Worth Repeating 31,562
What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) Fri Sam 18
More from around the web