Anti-Gay Bigots at High School In Ind...

Anti-Gay Bigots at High School In Indiana Can't Ban Gay Kids From Prom...

There are 91 comments on the slog.thestranger.com story from Feb 10, 2013, titled Anti-Gay Bigots at High School In Indiana Can't Ban Gay Kids From Prom.... In it, slog.thestranger.com reports that:

Like racists who created segregated proms after high schools were integrated in the 60s and 70s, the haters at Sullivan High School are creating a segregated prom for straight kids only :

Join the discussion below, or Read more at slog.thestranger.com.

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#43 Feb 11, 2013
what's worse than a christian..... oh ya... nothing
Matt

Bloomington, IN

#44 Feb 12, 2013
Lilith Satans Who_re wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can attend the bigot prom... gee it would be a shame if a fire was to break out during that prom
It'd be a shame if you got deported dumbass.... Learn to spell. You ain't in the hood
Just Wondering

Terre Haute, IN

#45 Feb 12, 2013
With all the media attention & the uninformed posters on facebook from out of town the KKK and the Green County Militia will most likely get involved now that the ACLU has commented. That should make everyone feel safe now, huh?
Matt

Bloomington, IN

#46 Feb 12, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
what's worse than a christian..... oh ya... nothing
What's worse than an idiot like you? Nothing
GetAClue

Bedford, IN

#47 Feb 12, 2013
2912 post's on Topix? Get A Life.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#48 Feb 12, 2013
Was a time when the prom was for the students, now it is for screaming right wing bigots.
GetAClue

Bedford, IN

#49 Feb 12, 2013
WDRussell wrote:
Was a time when the prom was for the students, now it is for screaming right wing bigots.
Seems that students are the ones who wanted a separate Prom, the only screaming I see is from the tolerant preaching Liberal crowd who are only tolerant of their beliefs and no one else's.

Is that really tolerance???

Makes you wonder who the REAL BIGOT is in this situation.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#50 Feb 12, 2013
GetAClue wrote:
<quoted text>

Makes you wonder who the REAL BIGOT is in this situation.
That would be the anti-gays.

Any more questions?
Billy

Bloomington, IN

#51 Feb 12, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the anti-gays.
Any more questions?
Nah that'd be the queers

Tawas City, Michigan

#52 Feb 12, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah that'd be the queers
And yet the gays aren't trying to ban straight kids from the prom? What's bigoted about including everyone?
Neil Andblowme

Hoboken, NJ

#53 Feb 12, 2013
Happy Anniversary 1913 wrote:
Hey Gurty? I see the republicans are still going after Obama apointee Chuck Hagel pinning him as anti semite. How queer is that? I know how to end our little problem over there, The first step is bringing all the troops home. The second step is expelling a couple groups of people from here. The third step is isolation and sovereignty from America. The fourth step is outlawing buggery and use of the word gay. The 5th step is ending the tax code. The 6th step is ending the federal reserve bank. I got plenty more but I'll stop there. For now.
Was it Churchill who said "The truth is anti semite?"
Of Puppets and Strings to Oily Things
Down Down Down
Having an extra cup of crazy? You should be committed to a mental hospital.
Billy

La Grange Park, IL

#54 Feb 12, 2013
The queers threw a fit about the straight kids having there own prom somewhere else where the gays were not invited

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#55 Feb 12, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet the gays aren't trying to ban straight kids from the prom? What's bigoted about including everyone?
LA Unified Schools had an intra-city GAY prom that kids from any school could attend. It grew SO popular that straight kids began to attend since it was so much fun. I mean straight kids whose parents have not poisoned their minds with their own creaky prejudices and fears.

Tawas City, Michigan

#56 Feb 12, 2013
Billy wrote:
The queers threw a fit about the straight kids having there own prom somewhere else where the gays were not invited
Actually most gays were very happy the anti-gay bigots wouldn't be at the official school prom. No one was complaining.
Billy

Bloomington, IN

#57 Feb 12, 2013
Not true...if you lived here you'd get a different story of it...not everything is in the news let em go to the school prom..there might only be 20-30 people but they will enjoy themselves

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#58 Feb 12, 2013
Billy wrote:
I see high school was a complete waste of time and money where YOUR education was concerned.

"THERE own prom"?

"THEIR own prom," please.

Tawas City, Michigan

#59 Feb 12, 2013
Billy wrote:
Not true...if you lived here you'd get a different story of it...not everything is in the news let em go to the school prom..there might only be 20-30 people but they will enjoy themselves
As long as any student can go that wants to, what's the problem?
Billy

Bloomington, IN

#60 Feb 12, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I see high school was a complete waste of time and money where YOUR education was concerned.
"THERE own prom"?
"THEIR own prom," please.
Hey I work in a coal mine. I make 65 thousand dollars a year. The difference between there and their does not not matter to me
Billy

Bloomington, IN

#61 Feb 12, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as any student can go that wants to, what's the problem?
Nothin.. They just won't be able to go to the other prom for straight kids
Telly

Indianapolis, IN

#62 Feb 12, 2013
Billy wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothin.. They just won't be able to go to the other prom for straight kids
All 5 kids can have a blast at their straight prom...does anyone realize 99% of the kids aren't going to partake in a "segregated' dance? I smell a HUGE lawsuit!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 7 hr Robert Thomas 184
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) 8 hr You brown nose 171
News CO lawmaker: Gay Scout leaders will molest kids 10 hr private guy 8
News More Arkansas children live in poverty than the... 14 hr guest 1
News Duggars' '19 Kids and Counting' could return to... 15 hr guest 3
News Some Chinese Grandparents Are Making Their Gran... 18 hr pantiago 1
News Coast Guard plane's crew spends long days searc... Thu lindaslynn 4
More from around the web