When should girls start wearing makeup? Dating? Navigating the ...

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

A s young as 8 or 9, some little girls will idle up to their mothers with begging, puppy-dog faces.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of364
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
meeaha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

i think kids should be at l8
meeaha

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

kids are to young now a days

“Report and Deport1866-DHS-2 ICE”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

Never!! Keep em locked in their rooms till their 40!!

Ashevegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

makeup sucks and should only be worn in great moderation and by adults. Little girls with it on look like midget hookers.

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

Mine wore a bit of very light lipstick at 13 and got to wear very light eye shadow to scholl at 15. She could use a very light makeup for dress up occassions such as church and special school events. Even with these guidelines she wore very little makeup and still does not wear much. She doesn't need it.

On dating. She was allowed to go to movies at the Mall cinima (if there was one) at 13 with a boy and then it was in a group of other kids of simular age. She dated at 16 as far as car dates go and not until then. Curfew was strictly enforced and I had a big double barrell shot gun to give it credence. She was late one time and I was sitting in the front yard with the shotgun across my lap when they drove up. They had made no attempt to call to say they were going to be late. There were one hour late. The young man became a believer that nite. They were never late again for the two years they dated.
Mother Hen

Kill Devil Hills, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

Why do girls need 'make up'?...

Females wear too much of it mostly...lot of tacky faces and eyes out there...

“"We have come too far, ”

Since: Apr 07

Corinth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

"Some girls are born ugly and never grow out of it...

Awww shucks Buster, they gotta momma somewhere that loves em and they kain't hep it ifin they ugleg, she luv's anyhow.
Laser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2007

Judged:

lawnguy wrote:
makeup sucks and should only be worn in great moderation and by adults. Little girls with it on look like midget hookers.
Totally agreeing with you, lawnguy.
Master Super

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

Judged:

girls should where make-up if they want to. But not a lot. It starts loolin' ugly then.

Since: Jun 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

Judged:

lawnguy wrote:
Amen Brother . You must be a God Fearing man. Bless you!

Ashevegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

I don't even understand grown women wearing makeup. A little eye shadow perhaps, but most of it is very unattractive to men, at least those honest enough to tell y'all the truth. It must be to compete with other women, since men don't really like it.
Dunnin

Register, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

Personally, I wish they would make makeup for men. Ive seen some who could use it. Made especially to cover up tons of bull and heartlessness. How about that? And the age they should start using it? About 12.
Dunnin

Register, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2007

lawnguy wrote:
I don't even understand grown women wearing makeup. A little eye shadow perhaps, but most of it is very unattractive to men, at least those honest enough to tell y'all the truth. It must be to compete with other women, since men don't really like it.
lawnguy, I wear makeup for me. Not for my man. Or anyone else for that matter. And I dont compete with other women. I dont worry about them. And no, I dont wear a lot, I dont need to, but if I did, I would.

Ashevegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

Dunnin, that is the only valid reason I can see to wear it, but even then, I bet you are better looking with out it. Most seem to over do it, trying to hide or accentuate, and being amateurs mess up more than they fix. Makeup is for the pro's, in my humble opinion.
Zoompad

Coventry, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

My man doesn't like make up, and I hate applying it. So we are both happy!
Dunnin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

lawnguy wrote:
Dunnin, that is the only valid reason I can see to wear it, but even then, I bet you are better looking with out it. Most seem to over do it, trying to hide or accentuate, and being amateurs mess up more than they fix. Makeup is for the pro's, in my humble opinion.
Thanks for the sweet compliment, lawnguy, but dont bet the house on it. And the best thing a female can do is go to a pro, watch what they do, and then cut the amount by 3/4ths and use it. Or at least, thats what I done. But then, no matter how much I use, I always get told that I dont wear any, which makes me about 1/2 mad, because I certainly do. I just know how to wear it the right way.

My other half always says that women need to see ourselves as men see us. Now that, would really be a good day.

“Be No Tarheelborn”

Albermarle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2007

TO answer the orignal question:

When should girls start wearing makeup? Dating?

Probably just before I pull in their driveway to pick them up for our date

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

Dunnin wrote:
Personally, I wish they would make makeup for men. Ive seen some who could use it. Made especially to cover up tons of bull and heartlessness. How about that? And the age they should start using it? About 12.
ROTFLMAO!!

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

Transplanted wrote:
TO answer the orignal question:
When should girls start wearing makeup? Dating?
Probably just before I pull in their driveway to pick them up for our date
That is so bad! I would walk on my dates. Did not
trust the driver and sure did not want my parents
driving me (not that they would drive me on any date).

I never liked make-up; still don't. And I did not date until I was 20. Now that I way past the age
of 8 and 9 , I can do whatever I want, but have no
desire.

Ashevegas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2007

going back to the original question of when should girls start to wear makeup, it seems that parents are too afraid of their kids today and kids will pressure them constantly to get away with anything their peers do. One lazy parent letting their child go wild opens the flood gates. I let my sons know early that I loved them, would do my best to guide them and didn't give a hoot what anyone else's parents allowed or thought. When those young girls first start thinking they want makeup it should deserve a serious family discussion. "Because all my friends do it" is not a vilid answer to the question of "why do you want to wear makeup?"
I am probably biased because my brother's marriage was ruined by a little girl who wanted to grow up all at once and since he was her stepfather, she refused to let him have any say in her behavior, but was certainly there with her paw out for money to live life her way. At 14 she looked like a hooker and had an 18 year old boyfriend, who she probably slept with regularly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of364
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••