Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31883 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Waste Watchers

Springboro, OH

#30000 Jan 13, 2014
The Public Records of the 33 pages of the HSTW Ohio Regions Technical Assistance Visit Report, Springboro High School, Springboro Ohio - December 14-15, 2010, give further evidence of the performance failures of our former SHS principal, Ron Malone.
Springboro Taxpayers, outside the SHS union tents, were unaware of his poor performance; and had no idea why Ron Malone involved our SHS students in his March 2012 protest against board authority.

The Overriding Goal (as stated on page 1 of the TAV report) is to
"Close the achievement gaps and raise student achievement in meeting state, federal and HSTW targets by 2014. To achieve this goal, the school must continue to create a culture of high expectations and provide extra help.

In other resources, the US News and World Reports led to questions where Springboro ranked 110th in the State--far behind our neighboring schools. Why?

This report clearly points to where Springboro High school is weak. Springboro ranks low simply due to our low# of students that take AP courses and the lower test scores they get on them and the low number of our students that take college courses in high school (PSEO). Both of these categories are far behind districts in Warren County and many of those that overlap Warren County. Why?

Two Separate audits of academic success showed significant weakness, and one of those audits of academic success showed significant weakness. The 2010 High School TAV report shows that Springboro High school entered into a CONTRACT to be a High Schools That Work (HSTW) school, as such, they AGREED TO ABIDE by program goals and strive to meet them for MONEY. But, did our former under-performing SHS principal STRIVE to honor that agreement. True History tells the story of Mr. Malone's rude arrogance toward his professional peers and their prompting to IMPROVE himself, which Ron Malone chose to ignore. Instead, Mr. Malone chose to play the Victim Role, and planned a Vote for Revenge campaign against school board authority; continuing his misallocation of district and taxpayer resources.

Why is Ron Malone now starting the same WASTE of Taxpayers money in the board room, with his status quo OSBA membership recognition, while trying to silence the commons sense voice of OSBLC? Could it be only because OSBLC teachers school boards HOW to avoid the need for a continuous stream of levies and promotes transparency and the posting of all information the district can publish?
Heard it on the Grapevine

Springboro, OH

#30001 Jan 13, 2014
Quick question wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate Obamacare?
A super question for those of you insiders.... in the know:

Into what classroom did the union teacher appear the day after the school board election of Ron Malone, wearing a Super Man costume, leading a classroom pep rally of jubilation?
get a clue

Springboro, OH

#30002 Jan 13, 2014
Heard it on the Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
A super question for those of you insiders.... in the know:
Into what classroom did the union teacher appear the day after the school board election of Ron Malone, wearing a Super Man costume, leading a classroom pep rally of jubilation?
When it rains, it pours.
Waste Watchers

Springboro, OH

#30003 Jan 13, 2014
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
In regard to the funeral homes he operates, Mr. Charles Anderson would be the first to tell you...
People everywhere are always DYING to get in!
Is that the best excuse that Mr. Charles Anderson can give his Constituents for ...wanting to bring back to life the old dead issue of wasteful spending of Taxpayers money for status quo OSBA membership recognition?

Is the next "get a clue" going to remind Springboro Taxpayers that Neighbors for Springboro Schools would be the first ones to tell us .... We Are Always FOR passing New Levies?

In regard to his Accountability to Taxpayers in this Community, Mr. Charles Anderson is the elected official who needs to "get a clue" and "get on board" in the direction of OSBLC
who teaches school boards how to avoid the need for levies and promotes transparency and the posting of all information that the district can legally publish to further educate Springboro voters on exactly how much money this school district NEEDS through 2017.

Mr. Anderson is ill-informed if he has been taken in by the lies of Mr. Malone and been led to believe that Mr. Malone has now "thrown our Children First" out of the board room, making way for Malone putting the 2014 re-emphasis on the union Educators wants for increased wages and compensation/benefits packages in the next contract negotiations.

Perhaps instead of "get a clue" ..... BOE President, Mr. Charles Anderson, NOW needs to "get a backbone" and Stand Up for Our Kids First, or else he is likely to face the same protests in the board room business meetings to "Step Down From BOE Elected Office"
as our former board president faced....for PUTTING STUDENTS FIRST while maintaining Fiscal INTEGRITY.
Clueless

Springboro, OH

#30004 Jan 13, 2014
Heard it on the Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
A super question for those of you insiders.... in the know:
Into what classroom did the union teacher appear the day after the school board election of Ron Malone, wearing a Super Man costume, leading a classroom pep rally of jubilation?
Many of those reading this blog are also clueless as to whom this teacher is, and in what classroom does this Super teacher reign over kids, whose parents are too intimidated by the Super power of the union teacher that they dare not reveal this knowledge to the public.
Why is that? Since parents of children in this super union teachers classroom already know, Why is the word around town being "hushed up" among community taxpayers?

Does even "get a clue" have a clue as to Who and Why?

Recently in public meeting there was a Springboro parent who brought complaints to the Board of Education members that students were forced by school staff members to complete the Pride Survey questions, even though the School Superintendent had said that these survey were strictly Voluntary, not forced.

Does anybody, perhaps "get a clue" know WHO the school staff member is that this parent was talking about who forced students to complete the Pride Survey, and was this school staff member reprimanded for violating our students rights to just say No, Thank You, to this intrusion into privacy of the mind and spirit?

Who is Standing Up for Our Students First in our Public Schools with a Union Teacher in every class room, indoctrinating Unionism (collective thinking of the individual for the collective good of all) in every child's mind in the classroom fully controlled by the union teacher?

Who among our Five Board of Education elected officials --Jim Rigano, David Petroni, Charles Anderson, Ron Malone, David Stuckey-- will Stand Up for Our Students First in the board room at our January 23 business meeting when board members are appointed to important board committees for the New Year of 2014?
get a clue

Springboro, OH

#30005 Jan 13, 2014
Clueless wrote:
<quoted text>
Recently in public meeting there was a Springboro parent who brought complaints to the Board of Education members that students were forced by school staff members to complete the Pride Survey questions.
Correction. It wasn't a Springboro parent that brought such complaints to the board. Actually, those complaints were brought to the board by a self-righteous busy-body whose children graduated a number of decades ago.
TV Land

Springboro, OH

#30006 Jan 13, 2014
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction. It wasn't a Springboro parent that brought such complaints to the board. Actually, those complaints were brought to the board by a self-righteous busy-body whose children graduated a number of decades ago.
If you want to prove me wrong, you can probably go back in time and check the old board meeting tapes, but I'm pretty sure that the citizen who spoke at the board meeting about the pride survey was "identified" as a parent whose child was one who took the survey.

If I am wrong, then kudos to the self-righteous busy body who is interested enough in the welfare of all students in our public schools to come to the board meeting and Stand Up for Kids First individual privacy rights. Neither my child, nor my neighbor's child should be forced by a union teacher in the classroom to offer opinions on their private thoughts, or to offer opinions on what the survey asks about what their parents think or feel.
Same old stuff

Dayton, OH

#30007 Jan 13, 2014
get a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
If the identity of this person was revealed, it might just make you HURL.
Wrong again Mr. Thomas, You're not even close.
Saw you last night driving down 73. You really should get that tail light fixed.

You really should get a hobby other than just mostly arguing with yourself here.
HAHAHAHA

Springboro, OH

#30008 Jan 13, 2014
Did you see that Kelly Kohls is opposing Governor Kasich for the Republican nomination? I can't wait to see her crash and burn!
Doug Wiedeman

Cleveland, OH

#30010 Jan 14, 2014
Has one ever seen a rebuttal to the points made on this page regarding our Springboro School District?

All I ever seem to witness is the constant attempts by those of the union ilk to deflect attention to some other meaningless nonsense.

In other words, if you are expecting a dialogue with people who have no arguments to make, you may be waiting a long time.
The Record Speaks Truth

Springboro, OH

#30011 Jan 14, 2014
HAHAHAHA wrote:
Did you see that Kelly Kohls is opposing Governor Kasich for the Republican nomination? I can't wait to see her crash and burn!
The only thing proven by this "HAHAHAHA" post is the same old blah blah blah blah burning jealously of the Success of Springboro Parent, Kelly Kohls, who was the first Board of Education member to question our "under-performing" former SHS principal, Ron Malone.

According to the new 2013 ODE High School Report Card, 22% of our high school students scored 65% or below on the OGT (Ohio Graduation Test) last year. 1 in 4 of OUR students fail the State standardized test. How could that be when we are told that 40% of our students are gifted? Someone is dropping the ball big time! Who is accountable for this poor performance? None other than our insanely popular (with the union first believers) Ron Malone, who has been a principal for the PAST 13 years of his PAST 41 years of experience in the education business.

Ron Malone's poor performance as Professional Educator in our school district is NO laughing matter. It robbed resources from areas of greater need in the district. Those who suffered the most were the GIFTED and those in need of EARLY INTERVENTION. It was only after DR. KELLY KOHLS was elected as board representative in 2010, and started questioning Dr. Ron Malone's "educational" practices running our SHS like a union shop to the detriment of our Students First highest academic achievement, that it was known among Springboro Taxpayers that 1 in 4 (23%) of Springboro High School graduates could not meet the minimum competency requirements to get into Ohio State colleges!

(Now isn't it ironic that our under-performing SHS principal, Ron Malone, was rewarded for running our high school like a union shop by gaining school board election votes of about 25%? You will remember that Principal Ron ran a campaign on name recognition and promises to re-define the role of Children First Board Member to Union First board member).

Wake Up, Springboro Parents/Taxpayers! The True History of former SHS principal, Ron Malone, running OUR taxpayer-funded high school building like a union shop, making up classes with scant demand to ensure employment for those whose skills were not in demand, is no "HAHAHAHA" moment! Where's the outrage against Ron Malone's
legacy of failed practices and misallocation of district and taxpayer resources?

Now that Ron Malone is elected Board of Education Vice President, Where's The Accountability? When are Springboro Parents and Taxpaying Homeowners going to start Protesting AGAINST the leadership of Ron Malone in the Board Room? Is the strong arm of union teachers in Super Man costume in our children's classrooms TOO intimidating for concerned citizens who are strong minded enough to Stand Up For Kids First in the board room and Respectfully Request board member Dr. Ron Malone to Step Down and please go some place else to set up your union first failed practices, protesting AGAINST Our Children First.
The Record Speaks Truth

Springboro, OH

#30012 Jan 14, 2014
There is NO place in our Students First 21st Century Quality Classroom Education for the Past Failed Practices of Ron Malone's Status quo to be re-instated in the Springboro School Board of Education's Vision of Reform for a Brighter Future for our Schools and Community. No More Praise and Worship from our Springboro Students for our false god of education, Ron Malone, as was demonstrated in our high school auditorium by Ron Malone's Vote for Revenge Protest Against our Children First Reform minded BOE elected officials.

With more than 400 employees who have degrees and experience in education, our district hears the voice of educators and the unions. Who will be the voice of the community?
success my arse

Springboro, OH

#30013 Jan 14, 2014
The Record Speaks Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing proven by this "HAHAHAHA" post is the same old blah blah blah blah burning jealously of the Success of Springboro Parent, Kelly Kohls, who was the first Board of Education member to question our "under-performing" former SHS principal, Ron Malone.
What success? Quite obviously, Kohls lacked the support she needed in order to attempt to retain her board seat. Now Kohls thinks she has enough political clout to beat Kasich?

BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
Next Office

Dayton, OH

#30014 Jan 14, 2014
success my arse wrote:
<quoted text>
What success? Quite obviously, Kohls lacked the support she needed in order to attempt to retain her board seat. Now Kohls thinks she has enough political clout to beat Kasich?
BAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
It seems to have been her plan all along. Some people have suspected this since 2010. Some use people as a stepping stone for higher aspirations. Brings a whole new meaning to CHILDRENS FIRST.

Many people have seen this coming. Reguardless of those on here that refused to believe it.
The More You Know

Dayton, OH

#30015 Jan 14, 2014
The Record Speaks Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing proven by this "HAHAHAHA" post is the same old blah blah blah blah burning jealously of the Success of Springboro Parent, Kelly Kohls, who was the first Board of Education member to question our "under-performing" former SHS principal, Ron Malone.
Again, during the last 3 years the number of AP classes has increased (accroding to the new principal).

And once more, if Dr. Malone was do bad then WHY DIDN'T THE BOE REMOVE HIM????
The More You Know

Dayton, OH

#30016 Jan 14, 2014
Doug Wiedeman wrote:
Has one ever seen a rebuttal to the points made on this page regarding our Springboro School District?
All I ever seem to witness is the constant attempts by those of the union ilk to deflect attention to some other meaningless nonsense.
In other words, if you are expecting a dialogue with people who have no arguments to make, you may be waiting a long time.
Several rebuttal's have been made and it's about that time that you stop posting and others repeat the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER.

It's the faux news way: The more you repeat something (no matter how untrue it is). If you repeat it long enough you can get people to believe it.

MSA was voted in overwhelmingly. Seems the only meaningless things were the signs you put up which had NO effect on the election.

Your money would have been better spent being donated to the athletic department for the girls basketball team....
success my arse

Springboro, OH

#30017 Jan 14, 2014
Next Office wrote:
<quoted text>
Some use people as a stepping stone for higher aspirations. Brings a whole new meaning to CHILDRENS FIRST.
lol!
success my arse

Springboro, OH

#30018 Jan 14, 2014
The More You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Several rebuttal's have been made and it's about that time that you stop posting and others repeat the same thing OVER and OVER and OVER.
It's the faux news way: The more you repeat something (no matter how untrue it is). If you repeat it long enough you can get people to believe it.
ATTN: The Record Speaks Truth

ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION !!?!!
Tell It Like It Is

Springboro, OH

#30019 Jan 14, 2014
The More You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, during the last 3 years the number of AP classes has increased (accroding to the new principal).
And once more, if Dr. Malone was do bad then WHY DIDN'T THE BOE REMOVE HIM????
Are you asking Taxpayers (our community as a whole) how those of us outside the doors of our government schools of unionism answer the question "What WAS the problem at the high school that led the BOE (Scott Anderson, Don Miller, Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, Jim Rigano) to ask Mr. Malone to move?"

Well, those of us who even bother ourselves by paying attention to the school board business (unless there is a Tax increase on the ballot) pretty much see it like this:

The board was demonized simply because they tried and SUCCEEDED to make some state-mandated changes (REFORMS) in our status quo system; and FURTHER asked tough questions (which threw FEAR in Ron Malone because of our board changing the way we finance the education business in our school district). Yes, contrary to what the Union masters falsely teacher, Education is Big Business, but only the Unions PROFIT from the education business, to the detriment of our school children and school district taxpayers.
Our reform minded board members, Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, and Kelly Kohls brought tough questions to the public by asking "would out students be better off with some NEW minds in the system with some FRESH ideas VS the same old stuff that was not raising the bar for all our students and teachers.

Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners think the progress made in the past two years speaks for itself! Children First Budget Works for Everyone! A lower price per pupil than ever, and a better academic performance. Now, the bigger question is, Why does Ron Malone and his union first supporters want to tear down this great reputation of unprecedented Children First Budget Success of Increased Pay for Every School Employee and Reduced Taxes for Every Springboro Family?

Our Reform-Minded "Fixing Budgets/Levy Alternative" Board members (Kelly Kohls, David Petroni and Jim Rigano) has PROVEN that in our Springboro school district, It doesn't take more money; It Takes Accountability! TRUTH BE TOLD -- this does not set well in this forced unionization "Adults First" state of Ohio education system. Education in Ohio is all about Money and Power AND who has control. So.... OUR Union Masters are the losers IF Everyone throughout our school district sees the truth that our Board Budget/Finance committee members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, are being HONEST about what is NEEDED through they year 2017. So.... Since Ron Malone's March 2012 Vote for Revenge
Protest AGAINST our children first, The Ohio Education Association has paid many people to spend volumes of time to spread F-E-A-R (false evidence appearing real) and false rumors and accusations against Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, and Jim Rigano to stir false controversy and manufacture false "crisis" in Springboro; propelling their F-E-A-R nation-wide with the help with the TV cameras and the social media circus. Now why is that?

The OEA cannot let the Truth of Children First Budget Success stand; because it refutes the OSBA indoctrination of board members that school districts CANNOT succeed WITHOUT a continuous stream of false budget crisis and campaigns of Emotional Blackmail of Parents to vote Increased Taxes for Increased Wages and Compensation/Benefits packages as First Priority with our School Tax Dollars..... or else face threats from the School Board to cut services and Strike against our children by walking out of the classrooms. When Kelly Kohls came on board in January 2010, she quickly became the target of the SEA union masters, simply because she told the Community Taxpayers the TRUTH that we could not afford the $830,000 INCREASE in Health care; but that we did need to ADD back what the union took from KIDS during the five failed levy campaigns.
Tell It Like It Is

Springboro, OH

#30020 Jan 14, 2014
The More You Know wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, during the last 3 years the number of AP classes has increased (accroding to the new principal).
And once more, if Dr. Malone was do bad then WHY DIDN'T THE BOE REMOVE HIM????
Are you asking Taxpayers (our community as a whole) how those of us outside the doors of our government schools of unionism answer the question "What WAS the problem at the high school that led the BOE (Scott Anderson, Don Miller, Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, Jim Rigano) to ask Mr. Malone to move?"

Well, those of us who even bother ourselves by paying attention to the school board business (unless there is a Tax increase on the ballot) pretty much see it like this:

The board was demonized simply because they tried and SUCCEEDED to make some state-mandated changes (REFORMS) in our status quo system; and FURTHER asked tough questions (which threw FEAR in Ron Malone because of our board changing the way we finance the education business in our school district). Yes, contrary to what the Union masters falsely teacher, Education is Big Business, but only the Unions PROFIT from the education business, to the detriment of our school children and school district taxpayers.
Our reform minded board members, Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, and Kelly Kohls brought tough questions to the public by asking "would out students be better off with some NEW minds in the system with some FRESH ideas VS the same old stuff that was not raising the bar for all our students and teachers.

Springboro Families and Taxpaying Homeowners think the progress made in the past two years speaks for itself! Children First Budget Works for Everyone! A lower price per pupil than ever, and a better academic performance. Now, the bigger question is, Why does Ron Malone and his union first supporters want to tear down this great reputation of unprecedented Children First Budget Success of Increased Pay for Every School Employee and Reduced Taxes for Every Springboro Family?

Our Reform-Minded "Fixing Budgets/Levy Alternative" Board members (Kelly Kohls, David Petroni and Jim Rigano) has PROVEN that in our Springboro school district, It doesn't take more money; It Takes Accountability! TRUTH BE TOLD -- this does not set well in this forced unionization "Adults First" state of Ohio education system. Education in Ohio is all about Money and Power AND who has control. So.... OUR Union Masters are the losers IF Everyone throughout our school district sees the truth that our Board Budget/Finance committee members, David Petroni and Jim Rigano, are being HONEST about what is NEEDED through they year 2017. So.... Since Ron Malone's March 2012 Vote for Revenge
Protest AGAINST our children first, The Ohio Education Association has paid many people to spend volumes of time to spread F-E-A-R (false evidence appearing real) and false rumors and accusations against Kelly Kohls, David Petroni, and Jim Rigano to stir false controversy and manufacture false "crisis" in Springboro; propelling their F-E-A-R nation-wide with the help with the TV cameras and the social media circus. Now why is that?

The OEA cannot let the Truth of Children First Budget Success stand; because it refutes the OSBA indoctrination of board members that school districts CANNOT succeed WITHOUT a continuous stream of false budget crisis and campaigns of Emotional Blackmail of Parents to vote Increased Taxes for Increased Wages and Compensation/Benefits packages as First Priority with our School Tax Dollars..... or else face threats from the School Board to cut services and Strike against our children by walking out of the classrooms. When Kelly Kohls came on board in January 2010, she quickly became the target of the SEA union masters, simply because she told the Community Taxpayers the TRUTH that we could not afford the $830,000 INCREASE in Health care; but that we did need to ADD back what the union took from KIDS during the five failed levy campaigns.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Transgender clinic opens 1 hr huey goins 34
News Gay marriage ruling in Kentucky upheld 4 hr !!! 4
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 13 hr thetruth 16
News Many kids fall through gaps in dental care (May '14) 16 hr alicialee0310 20
News Pregnant CBS3 Meteorologist Shuts Down Body-Sha... 23 hr Roy 2
News Judge Joe Brown Comes to UAPB Next Month (Apr '12) Thu thug expert 2
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World Thu friend 7
More from around the web