One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can Change Debate

Dec 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Women's eNews

Three drugstore purchased tests had proved it without a doubt. I was pregnant. Sitting on the toilet, looking at the tests lined up side by side on the tub, it was a typically cool and foggy summer day near the beach in San Francisco.

Comments
1,161 - 1,167 of 1,167 Comments Last updated Apr 4, 2013
First Prev
of 59
Next Last
Rush

Columbus, NE

#1196 Mar 28, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your mother and father who instead of taking your emotions seriously, told you to reject them, and dare you have them?
You are damaged psychology.
Are you drunk right now?
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1197 Mar 28, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I love some men. Other men, not so much. You, not at all. I hate no one, but I do hate hypocrisy. You're soaking in it.
No man is innocent. We're all of us sinners, remember?
There are laws against murdering babies.
If you know of anyone murdering babies, you should immediately report them to local law enforcement.
You won't give me a single thing - but threats against someone's life are taken more seriously than opinions about castration.
Have a nice day.
There are no laws against murdering babies with abortion. Murdering babies with abortion is not only legal. Murdering babies with abortion is condoned, encouraged, and highly profitable. Abortion is threat to someones life, every abortion kills someone, and no one gives a rats behind about that. If you know anyone murdering jews you should immediately report them to the gestapo.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1198 Mar 29, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>There are no laws against murdering babies with abortion. Murdering babies with abortion is not only legal. Murdering babies with abortion is condoned, encouraged, and highly profitable. Abortion is threat to someones life, every abortion kills someone, and no one gives a rats behind about that. If you know anyone murdering jews you should immediately report them to the gestapo.
Maybe you should quit drinking so late at night, dear.
Critical Thinker 101

Fort Pierce, FL

#1200 Mar 31, 2013
Michael Palleros

Abortion
Abortion, defined as the voluntary termination of a pregnancy, is one of society’s major topics for ethical debate. This issue is met by two groups in society, those who are pro-choice and those who are pro-life. The group advocating ‘choice’ believes that each decision should lie solely with the mother and there should not be a standardized decision for everyone. The opposing school of thought, held by the ‘pro-life’ group, is that abortion is in fact murder and therefore wrong. I believe abortion should be legalized for the reasons, morality is circumstantial, it is illogical to constitute the termination of living human cells as ‘murder’, and a woman should own the right to do what she chooses with her body.
Firstly, through examining the basis on which the pro-life argument is made, we can deduct a rational premise and conclusion. It is wrong to terminate innocent human life, abortion is the termination of an innocent human life, and therefore abortion is wrong. But in many cases when deciding what is morally right one must consider certain circumstances such as, what happens in the case of a child who is born to parents who can’t financially support the child or who do not care for it, or in the case of the woman being raped. Is it still right for that child to be born and raised under poor care and provision, is it right for that child to be born into a family that does not love or care for it. A mother should not be forced to birth a child that she does not want, cannot support, or will not love and care for it.
Additionally, another instance of morality being circumstantial is in the ‘life boat’ situation. There are many cases in which birthing a child can be harmful or fatal to the mother or in the case of locked twins wherein the only way to save one fetus is to decapitate and thus terminate the other. In these cases it is illogical and immoral to allow two innocent lives to die as opposed to sacrificing one to save another.
Another crucial point in the ethical debate is the definition of ‘human life,’ there are pro-life advocates that argue that life begins as early the conception. Essentially, this is true and the conjugation of the sex cells does result in the creation of a body of living cells of the human species. But to argue that the definition of ‘human life’ can be simply be defined as a living group of cells, that are of the human species leaves further considerations to be made. Such as, the instances of amputations or the deliberate termination of cancer cells within a human body. Following the aforementioned definition of ‘human life,’ and the morality clause that goes with it, the amputation of a limb could be considered as murder and therefore morally wrong.

When discussing the aspects and considerations of abortion, one of the most important considerations is often over looked, the feelings and the wants of the mother. The debate over abortion is often argued on the basis that a fetus has a right to life. This leads to the consideration of the mother, and her entitlement to moral rights, as a human being. Such as, the ownership of her own body and her right to decide her own future.

Whether abortion is the appropriate and moral decision is so highly circumstantial that it would be not be appropriate to simply set a single standard that abortion is wrong, and abide by it. Because of the plethora of varying circumstances the logical standard would be to allow the decision to lie with the mother, to make based on her individual circumstance.

Location hidden

#1201 Mar 31, 2013
Critical Thinker 101 wrote:
Michael Palleros
Abortion
Abortion, defined as the voluntary termination of a pregnancy, is one of society’s major topics for ethical debate. This issue is met by two groups in society, those who are pro-choice and those who are pro-life. The group advocating ‘choice’ believes that each decision should lie solely with the mother and there should not be a standardized decision for everyone. The opposing school of thought, held by the ‘pro-life’ group, is that abortion is in fact murder and therefore wrong. I believe abortion should be legalized for the reasons, morality is circumstantial, it is illogical to constitute the termination of living human cells as ‘murder’, and a woman should own the right to do what she chooses with her body.
Firstly, through examining the basis on which the pro-life argument is made, we can deduct a rational premise and conclusion. It is wrong to terminate innocent human life, abortion is the termination of an innocent human life, and therefore abortion is wrong. But in many cases when deciding what is morally right one must consider certain circumstances such as, what happens in the case of a child who is born to parents who can’t financially support the child or who do not care for it, or in the case of the woman being raped. Is it still right for that child to be born and raised under poor care and provision, is it right for that child to be born into a family that does not love or care for it. A mother should not be forced to birth a child that she does not want, cannot support, or will not love and care for it.
Additionally, another instance of morality being circumstantial is in the ‘life boat’ situation. There are many cases in which birthing a child can be harmful or fatal to the mother or in the case of locked twins wherein the only way to save one fetus is to decapitate and thus terminate the other. In these cases it is illogical and immoral to allow two innocent lives to die as opposed to sacrificing one to save another.
Another crucial point in the ethical debate is the definition of ‘human life,’ there are pro-life advocates that argue that life begins as early the conception. Essentially, this is true and the conjugation of the sex cells does result in the creation of a body of living cells of the human species. But to argue that the definition of ‘human life’ can be simply be defined as a living group of cells, that are of the human species leaves further considerations to be made. Such as, the instances of amputations or the deliberate termination of cancer cells within a human body. Following the aforementioned definition of ‘human life,’ and the morality clause that goes with it, the amputation of a limb could be considered as murder and therefore morally wrong.
When discussing the aspects and considerations of abortion, one of the most important considerations is often over looked, the feelings and the wants of the mother. The debate over abortion is often argued on the basis that a fetus has a right to life. This leads to the consideration of the mother, and her entitlement to moral rights, as a human being. Such as, the ownership of her own body and her right to decide her own future.
Whether abortion is the appropriate and moral decision is so highly circumstantial that it would be not be appropriate to simply set a single standard that abortion is wrong, and abide by it. Because of the plethora of varying circumstances the logical standard would be to allow the decision to lie with the mother, to make based on her individual circumstance.
Thank you.
alex

Portland, OR

#1202 Apr 4, 2013
Ok let's look at abortion in a different light. Many woman are simply scared that a child born NOW is a bad time. Or the father is not going to be a part of it. Or her plans will be destroyed by the baby. Or she can't aford it. Or she is too old. Or she is too young. Or her beautiful figure will get fiendish and ugly. Or as simply as the kid will hate me for having it.
The fact is only 3% of the woman getting an abortion actually require it due to medical reasons!
Fear and anger at the man is the main problem.

I propose to due a Dna test ob all babies to send the bills to the drop out dads. And abortion will not be a big problem anymore!

Location hidden

#1203 Apr 4, 2013
alex wrote:
Ok let's look at abortion in a different light. Many woman are simply scared that a child born NOW is a bad time. Or the father is not going to be a part of it. Or her plans will be destroyed by the baby. Or she can't aford it. Or she is too old. Or she is too young. Or her beautiful figure will get fiendish and ugly. Or as simply as the kid will hate me for having it.
The fact is only 3% of the woman getting an abortion actually require it due to medical reasons!
Fear and anger at the man is the main problem.
I propose to due a Dna test ob all babies to send the bills to the drop out dads. And abortion will not be a big problem anymore!
In other words, you propose to collect DNA from every person in America, and match it up to every fetus conceived.

That's not going to fly in Poughkeepsie....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 59
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) 6 min dr_loose 137
Local group hopes to revisit decade-old convers... 1 hr eJohn 8
Joe Jackson is a no longer a part of the family... 6 hr goodvibrations 12
US condemns 'heinous murder' of Palestinian teen 9 hr Asian Guy 1,602
More school districts consider free meals for all 11 hr reendoga 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 12 hr lol 31,215
Lesbian couple in gay marriage case prepares fo... (Mar '13) 12 hr Pietro Armando 1,562
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Family People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••