No free haircuts at JCP this year

Jul 19, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Retailing Today

J.C. Penney is counting on a familiar blend of promotional tactics for the 2013 back-to-school season after a slate of merchandising initiatives and a free haircut offer ended horribly last year.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jul 26, 2013
Hmm

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

I think the free hair cut fleecing of investors, the heartless mass firing given by Smiling Ronnie, while he and his buddies lived a rock star life style, was enough, don't you? How does he sleep at night? Very well, I would guess.
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

hopefully ron realizes what a screw up he is.....

after all he did get fired, and penneys will be lucky to survive.........
Wow

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2013

Judged:

He still came out with his health insurance paid for with jcpenney footing the bill!!!
Hmmm

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

Wow wrote:
He still came out with his health insurance paid for with jcpenney footing the bill!!!
Yet he reduced hourly employees below the mandatory Fed limit for health insurance.
No perk too small for Ronnie.

I believe he also got an option to buy at a future date when hired around 50 million in stocks locked in at a predetermine low rate.
Bottom line, no one suffers like Ron, so he doesn't.

You know, without accountability from BoDs or CEO who who get huge golden parachutes at getting hired this "Ron Johnsoning" of companines is going to happen again. Who pays the heaviest, well the employees forced into low paying early retirement, yes you take a huge hit with this, those fired out right, those that get rehired at < 30 hours to keep down benefits, small investors, like George Bush wanted, remember social security being private, forcing people to invest the money? It is a lot easier to recover from a hit like JCP if you have millions and millions diversed across a huge portfolio. Playing in the 100 K range is a lot more tricky and demands a hell of a lot more work, a 30k hit on a $100-$150 investor 's portfolio is very heavy compared to an investor with 50 million to play with. Playing the market with disposable income is one thing, another if you are depending on it just to live. Guess Ronnie doesn't have to worry about that. Amazing those that speak so well of JCP, past, present, future, only have an hourly job on the line.
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2013

Judged:

heard on the radio tonight that the stock market TODAY is like the stock market was just before the economc collapse:(

I think for large employers that minimum number of hours for health insurance needs to go away. Since ts just encouraging more low pay part time jobs that dont pay enough to live on....
Hmmm

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

bob haller wrote:
heard on the radio tonight that the stock market TODAY is like the stock market was just before the economc collapse:(
I think for large employers that minimum number of hours for health insurance needs to go away. Since ts just encouraging more low pay part time jobs that dont pay enough to live on....
They should sure look at the average hours and see if there is a pattern of this less then 30 hours aka the majority of your main workers working with units, ex floor staff vs office staff. Creative people like Ronnie will work the numbers so the small divisions are needed to keep them honest.. There was a well know Pizza company where the CEO lives like a king who basically said he didn't care about health care for his employees, out right he said he had an entitlement to a good life. Basically health insurance was robbing him, his family.. I think it was something like a raise in pizza prices to 75 cents, it was less than a dollar and they could offer it. He said he would cut hours before that at evey site. They took a huge hit as people stopped buying. Odd, their pizza places here charge an extra dollar to delivery and the driver still expects a tip.

Moot point, I not going to ever order a pizza fom them again, gone back to a hut like pizza place. This guy is a greedy B.
bob haller

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Obamacare needs tweaking, NOT repealing for any business over a certain size say 30 workers the new minimum hours should be 10 per week. penalize the big companies trying to work the system......

ultimately the feds should of rolled everyone into medicare for major health , expensive care....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••