Wampum, Pa., Jordan Brown,11, Murders...

Wampum, Pa., Jordan Brown,11, Murders Dad's Pregnant Girlfriend

There are 304 comments on the Free Republic story from Feb 22, 2009, titled Wampum, Pa., Jordan Brown,11, Murders Dad's Pregnant Girlfriend. In it, Free Republic reports that:

No doubt there are a lot more details to come out about the murder of Kenzie Houk.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

First Prev
of 16
Next Last
mysteryman

Youngstown, OH

#1 Feb 26, 2009
i notice they never show the dad and any pictures with him and his dads girlfriend they boy was pushed aside!!!!!!!11
Peace

United States

#2 Feb 26, 2009
mysteryman wrote:
i notice they never show the dad and any pictures with him and his dads girlfriend they boy was pushed aside!!!!!!!11
I have noticed the same thing
rnbsnsru

Apollo, PA

#3 Mar 24, 2009
This boy was NEVER pushed aside - in fact, he was molly coddled by Kenzie, who tried to be his "mother" - but his Grandmother poisoned him against her - as she had acted as the surrogate mother for many years before Kenzie entered the picture. Kenzie's parents also treated Jordan the same as their own grand daughters - when Christmas came - he got the same amount bought for him. Maybe not the same things - but the same amount spent on him. I know - I was on the shopping trips. Perhaps you should be closer to the situation before you judge. I saw the child's attitude, and he was VILE, even toward me.
Cathy

Mobile, AL

#4 Mar 25, 2009
Wait a MINUTE! This kid was the only child in his father's life up until last summer. Within 9-10 months, Dad Chris meets Ms. Houk, she gets pregnant, Chris and Jordan move in with Miss Houk & children, Chris & Ms. Houk get engaged. Then Jordan is to be REPLACED by a new baby boy! Consider - Ms. Houk was already 8 months pregnant in February. this is a quick change for an adult. Does anyone think this should be easy for an 11 year old? AND who knows how Ms. Houk treated Jordan? I absolutely condemn the act of murder.....but it does seem like it wouldn't have been a possiblity if SOMEONE would have thought about this boy before throwing him in front of a bus emotionally. My grown sons have guns; but they are not accessible to their children. This boy needs to be tried as a juvenile. Please lets get beyond the horror of the crime and lets get horrified about an 11 year old terrified and thrown away.
Rebecca

United States

#5 Apr 23, 2009
There's a lot more to this story and it will all be brought out,hopefully. A child does not just one day shoot his soon-to-be step-mother. He had to be really suffering emotionally.
Baloney

United States

#6 Apr 24, 2009
What this 11 year old did was it right or wrong??? He knew what he ws doing.......... plain and simple. Major crime ......Major time.....
ODell Cousin

Hancock, MD

#7 Apr 24, 2009
Cathy wrote:
Wait a MINUTE! This kid was the only child in his father's life up until last summer. Within 9-10 months, Dad Chris meets Ms. Houk, she gets pregnant, Chris and Jordan move in with Miss Houk & children, Chris & Ms. Houk get engaged. Then Jordan is to be REPLACED by a new baby boy! Consider - Ms. Houk was already 8 months pregnant in February. this is a quick change for an adult. Does anyone think this should be easy for an 11 year old? AND who knows how Ms. Houk treated Jordan? I absolutely condemn the act of murder.....but it does seem like it wouldn't have been a possiblity if SOMEONE would have thought about this boy before throwing him in front of a bus emotionally. My grown sons have guns; but they are not accessible to their children. This boy needs to be tried as a juvenile. Please lets get beyond the horror of the crime and lets get horrified about an 11 year old terrified and thrown away.
Did YOU replace your first born with a second...and then maybe the second born, with a third in line for the throne? No one was replacing anyone who actually wanted to share in Jordan's life...GET OVER IT!!!
Nosy Rosy

United States

#8 Apr 24, 2009
I think he should be tried as a juvenile as he should be. Just remember before you judge this "child" and that is what he is a "Child", this could be your son. How would you want him treated?
ODell Cousin

Hancock, MD

#9 Apr 25, 2009
I would want my son put where he could NEVER hurt anyone, and ruin the lives of their surviviors, EVER AGAIN! Every killer is someone's son/daughter...someone they've invested their love/life in. How many of those parents, etc, have met their end, at the hand of their own "child"? My son is no better. I would rather see him in prison, than in a casket, therefore, I must show others the same respect. This 11 y/o is NOT a child...he is a minor. We have to STOP this "child" mindset!!
Smokey

Clarion, PA

#10 Apr 25, 2009
Just wait for the trial and all will come out about Kenzie Houk. Her family paints one picture, but there is another side to her, that witnesses will testify to what she really was about.

I find it strange this 11 year old boys clothing were in Kenzie's bedroom closet. Many times he had to get dressed in there.....

One thing I do agree even with her reputation to be put on trial, she did not deserve to die. But ask yourself, what made Jordon Brown kill her? What did Kenzie Houk do to him???? She was not as loving toward him as they say. The whole family taunted this boy about the new baby coming, even teasing how the baby was to me name Chris Brown Jr. Why would you do this to a child?

For the person who paints Jordon Brown as vile, you apparently know nothing. His classmates, the school principal paint a very different story. A young man with good grades, he was always there to help. When he played ball, he would console the kid who struck out, saying there will be better days.

Kenzie met Jordon's father in May, 2008, she became pregnant right away. She has never been married, two girls to two different men. You take any child out of his home that he lived in with his Dad and Grandmother, and be put in such a living arrangement with total strangers in a short time after being introduced to Kenzie, what would one expect? An 11 year old child cannot adjust to such an eviroment just like that.

Jordon Brown was born to a woman who wanted to put him up for adoption when he was born. Chris Brown, Jordon's Dad, fought her for two year in a court custody battle to gain custody of his son. Even though this couple was not married, Chris Brown wanted his son. Jordon Brown was in and out of his mother's life those first couple of years and after that she saw very little of the boy. Do any of you not think this boy would not have emotional problems knowing the situation he was born into. Knowing his mother never wanted him??? Then to be teased and taunted by the Houk family, maybe it was just too much for this young boy to handle.

Before any of you become Judge and Jury, please wait for the trial, you will then say "Smokey" knows what he is talking about.
Smokey

Clarion, PA

#11 Apr 25, 2009
ODell Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did YOU replace your first born with a second...and then maybe the second born, with a third in line for the throne? No one was replacing anyone who actually wanted to share in Jordan's life...GET OVER IT!!!
Do you put an 11 year old in a house with strangers and say all is well and we are having baby? Kenzie and Chris met in May, 2008, moved in together Oct, 2008.
ODell Cousin

Hancock, MD

#12 Apr 25, 2009
You sound like you were in the thick of the family, so my question to you, is:

Why did you not intervene when you saw all the things you listed, happening? Was it that you felt it was none of your concern...or was it you didn't feel that he would become violent?

How do you know his clothing was in Kenzie's closet? He had his own room, according to the articles I read. Therefore, one just automatically assumes the room he occupied, had a closet of it's own. Can you provide an article that states his clothing was in Kenzie's room? I'd appreciate it. Or is that something that these other witness's know all about? Are you trying to say that Kenzie was perverted, because she DANCED? Did you ever see her DANCE, or did you just sit there and listen as someone who had, told you all there was to tell...which means that person's perverted also, or they wouln't know anything about it...right? I'll be you carry on about mothers who choke the taxpayer instead of supporting their own children, too...don'tcha? Who's worse, iyo? I guess that would depend on who you're talking to/about, huh?

Are you gonna be one of those witness's that knew what Kenzie was all about? Wouldn't it have been better to tell Chris what she was like, before he got involved...or was it "none of your business" back then? Knowing someone for 5 months, is not like knowing them for a weekend. Sometimes, you can know someone your whole life, and not really "know" them.

Let's see...it's Jordan's mom's fault, Chris Brown's fault, the unborn 1/2 brother's fault, AND, Kenzie's fault she's dead...correct? BULLSH!!!T

"It was an accident" is all Chris Brown could come up with? How could he be so cavalier when 2 lives are gone, 2 live's he was s'pose to love...at his son's whim? Again, BULLSH!!!T!!

I'll tell ya what...let's get the poor little guy off, and we'll send him to live with YOU and your family...how's that?? If it wasn't YOUr fault he was in such an awful place, then you and yours should be safe!!

People like you, are the reason so many kid's, NOT children, commit these crimes. NO ONE has a perfect life!! NONE of us are Walton's or Cleavers.
Jamie

Indianapolis, IN

#13 May 1, 2009
I have to agree with Smokey. I also cannot understand why more people are not just sick that PA law allows children (or kids) this young to be charged as adults and sentenced to LIFE in prison without parole. Have you stopped to consider that these laws apply to your children or your grandchildren or your girlfiend or boyfriends children should they commit a violent crime. Would you want them put away forever??? I can tell you right now if it were your children...your whole outlook would change. Well Jordan is someones child and he needs support and help IF he is guilty (which has not even been proven yet). And like Smokey said above...the truth will come out and I have felt since this whole thing happened in Feb. that something just is not right with this whole story.
Politically Incorrect

Hancock, MD

#14 May 2, 2009
It's as simple as this, Jamie:

If someone else's kid is capable of hurting/killing me, "regardless of how well he/she was raised", then I have to believe my kid, regardless of "how he was raised", is capable of hurting/killing someone else. I may not be the brightest bulb on the tree, BUT I'm FAR from stupid!! I don't deserve to live any more than "the lady across the street".

If Jordan wasn't old enough (WHICH IS BULLSH!T) to know that dead, means permanently OUTTA HERE!!, and his life was SO MISERABLE, then why didn't he shoot himself? After all, you guys have him thinkin' death isn't real.
Jamie

Indianapolis, IN

#15 May 4, 2009
Well, as far as I know from what I have read, Jordan hasn't been proven guilty yet. However, you ARE missing the point here but yet you did say that you are not the brightest bulb on the tree.

According to the media there seems to be a lot of speculations and assumptions so why Jordan is not getting the benefit of the doubt I do not know BUT we as a society better be VERY afraid when we have state laws (and DA's) that can lock up children this young forever without the chance of ever getting out again. Children this young need help which they will not get in prison. Society, as well as the victim’s, need to remember that these laws also apply to our own children/grandchildren. Don't say it can't happen to your child or your child would not do this or that because if you asked these parents whose children are locked up for life, I am sure they said the same thing.

The laws to lock up children under 18 years old in adult prisons need to change NOW!!!!! Children need to be held accountable for their actions but not on an adult level because they are not adults!!! They CANNOT be deemed adults in one aspect of the law (crime) and not be in another (voting, drinking, joining the military, they even need parent permission to go on a school field trip, etc….). Locking children up in adult prisons is not a life sentence it is a death sentence to these children especially when we have far worse adults out on our streets. Sentencing children under 18 years old as adults and in some cases locking them up forever with no chance of parole is saying that these children are worse then the child molesters living in our neighborhoods, it is saying they are worse than the drunk driving who serves a few years for killing someone while driving drunk, it is saying that they are worse than the drug dealers who return back to their corner, it says that they are worse than the adults who have killed and have gotten only a few years WITH parole. Think about it!!!!
Politically Incorrect

Hancock, MD

#16 May 4, 2009
IF a killer can sentence his/her victim's to death, with no mercy shown, then I say let the killer's suffer the same punishment! Don't sit there and tell me it doesn't shake you to the bone, and have you wondering if you'll ever see your front door again, when you leave. I know better!

I don't mind telling you that death, at the hand of violent person, is what I fear most in this lifetime...then the courts letting them live to a ripe old age, because of "insanity", or "medication malfunction", or whatever nonsense "reason" his/her defense lawyers can think of. I deserve to live without fear. Excuse me, if you differ.

I don't think I ever stated my children wouldn't cause horror in someone's family. The truth is, I don't know. I don't make things about myself (I raised him/her better than that). I believe I said "you don't know anyone's mind, except your own". That applie's to us ALL. If my child kill's, my child deserve's to be killed. I mean that with all of my being...and God is my witness.
Jamie

Indianapolis, IN

#17 May 5, 2009
I just cannot believe you just said that if your child killed then they should be killed????!!!! I seriousely hope you do not have any kids because a sincere parent would NEVER say that about their own child. That is the problem here.....there are way to many people who want these children who commit crimes gone. What kind of person are you???? You know what I fear most??? I fear people like YOU who have these thoughts and feelings. That's scary to me to know that people like you are walking my streets. It seems you are heartless and very uncaring. I will pray for you unless of course there is no hope for you as you feel there is no hope for the child who commits a crime??!!
Politically Incorrect

Hancock, MD

#18 May 5, 2009
I'm heartless, because I don't want my child to harm/kill another human being???? Then I guess I should just accept the fact that it's open season, for "children" who have some sort of family/school problem...or just get pissed off?? Excuse me, but I didn't raise my children to DIE at the hands of some other murderer, NOR did I raise them to KILL, unless it was a case of self defense.

You're the sort I cringe at. Someone who thinks "children" have the right to just have a bad day, and take it out on someone else. Then, of course, we can't allow them to go unpunished, so we provide counseling at some Junior DayCamp, until they're 18. Then, they've earned the right to be released and "start over". I say they "start over", in your neighborhood...around you, and your family...so you can show your faith in them.

You're one of those "it'll never happen to me/mine", people. OR, you're one who "raised 'em better than that!". I'd far rather be paranoid, than obliviously naive.
Politically Incorrect

Hancock, MD

#19 May 5, 2009
No, I didn't say there was no hope for a child that commit's a crime. They can go on to "find God" (it looks great on paper), get a great education. The hope I don't see, is the hope for the victim, and his/her/their survivors.

It's much easier to maintain a relationship with some poor, misguided, cute as a button little guy/gal, who "made a youthful mistake" that landed them behind bars, than it is to visit someone 6 ft under ground. I'm sure if thelil angel had it to do over, he/she/they wouldn't (sob sob sob)...BUT IT'S NOW, TOO LATE!!!!!

Don't bother praying for me. I believe in an eye for an eye...the way it use to be, before God was banished from our midst.
Jordan believer

Columbiana, OH

#20 May 6, 2009
I believe in Jordan Brown's innocence. He is a kind and loving child. As a parent when your own child plays with other children you only want good influences around them. Jordan Brown was that kind of friend, a good influence. The press has painted him as this evil "murderer", but if you interacted with him and saw how he interacted with other kids you would believe that something is truly wrong with how he is being portrayed. Soo please if you have never met or had any contact with Jordan, you have no right to condemn him. Kenzie was a wonderful person and treated Jordan as if he was her own and he interacted with her as if she was his mom. The truth will come out and then how can anyone every give back to Jordan what he has lost.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News There's an easy fix for cranky kids going back ... 21 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 2
News Children who skip breakfast 'may be doing thems... 22 hr Gov Corbutt of th... 5
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sat huh 32,016
News Midwest travel: Chicago Children's Museum gets ... Sat Real Faxt 1
News Honey Boo Boo, child-appropriate TV? (Aug '12) Sat Tex- 53
News New Hartford Man Shares Story of Rescue from Ar... Aug 18 Empty the White H... 4
News Why do 31% of Marion children live in poverty? Aug 18 mark2732 1
More from around the web