Area group strives to end 'the R-word'

Mar 7, 2013 Full story: Daily World 7

St. Landry Abilities, a group of parents of children with developmental disabilities, is bringing the national campaign against the word "retard" to the school system.

Full Story
Equality for All

Oklahoma City, OK

#1 Mar 12, 2013
I'm sick of all this PC crap.
Stop trying to ban words. Whites can't say the N-word, yet I hear black people easing it in music, tv & everyday conversation.
Now retard is a bad word. Guess what? Whatever PC word you replace it with still means the same thing so I guess we will ban that one too in 5-10 years. So who's the real retards?
Equality for All

Opelousas, LA

#2 Mar 13, 2013
Stupid auto finish--should have been using not easing.
And actually when I hear the word "retarded" I think Down's syndrome more than when I hear "mentally challenged"--that just makes me think someone is stupid or a dumbass.
rights

Opelousas, LA

#4 Mar 15, 2013
I would like to know why a special needs child is allowed to piss in front of boys and girls in the gym in port barre high school and nothing is done about this, it is really sick when the school system has there hand tied. What if any other child would do this they would be expelled. So what is the difference? It shouldn't be allowed!!!
Duh troof

Oklahoma City, OK

#5 Mar 15, 2013
rights wrote:
I would like to know why a special needs child is allowed to piss in front of boys and girls in the gym in port barre high school and nothing is done about this, it is really sick when the school system has there hand tied. What if any other child would do this they would be expelled. So what is the difference? It shouldn't be allowed!!!
You took the time to post it twice? You already know topic isn't the appropriate place for your complaint. You aren't "concerned", you just wAnt to embarrass someone and their child and start shit.I bet your kid wasn't traumatized, she was probably laughing at him. Grow up.
really

Opelousas, LA

#6 Mar 15, 2013
Duh troof wrote:
<quoted text>You took the time to post it twice? You already know topic isn't the appropriate place for your complaint. You aren't "concerned", you just wAnt to embarrass someone and their child and start shit.I bet your kid wasn't traumatized, she was probably laughing at him. Grow up.
I really believe the parent should take more time with their children instead of letting the public school teachers baby set a special need child. They need special care and one on one teaching. It's time to realize that!!! Public schools aren't capable to teach and baby set.
Duh troof

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 Mar 15, 2013
They aren't being baby sat, they have appropriate therapists working with them. Perfectly capable. You send your kid to school in port barre. That is not education, that is babysitting. You obviously don't care about your child. You will be lucky if you're not a grandparent before graduation, and you can forget college.
Try Again

Chicago, IL

#8 Mar 16, 2013
Duh troof wrote:
They aren't being baby sat, they have appropriate therapists working with them. Perfectly capable. You send your kid to school in port barre. That is not education, that is babysitting. You obviously don't care about your child. You will be lucky if you're not a grandparent before graduation, and you can forget college.
As a Port Barre High Alumni, I did not get anyone pregnant during High School, went to college and turned out just fine. Of course this is coming from someone who has "Duh troof" as his name.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 31 min The Real Karen 43
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 34 min Springboro Resident 31,512
Single mom, 5 kids homeless after fire 1 hr CSM1 10
ErinoakKids gets $880,000 to help preschoolers ... 7 hr WiFi 1
Meet the teenage sex swap lovers (Jul '13) 9 hr hey 183
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 11 hr dee lightful 170
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... 22 hr Deborah 11
More from around the web