Don't forget to thank a teacher

Don't forget to thank a teacher

There are 17 comments on the The Daily Republic story from May 1, 2014, titled Don't forget to thank a teacher. In it, The Daily Republic reports that:

The California Education Code sets aside the second Wednesday in May - this year, May 14 - as the Day of the Teacher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Republic.

Since: Oct 08

Vacaville, CA

#1 May 1, 2014
It should be the "1/2 Day of the Teacher", because every Wednesday, they only work 1/2 a day.
Madmax

Vacaville, CA

#2 May 1, 2014
Your wrong, the kids get out early but the teachers remain working on lesson plans, grading papers, etc
Bubba

San Jose, CA

#3 May 1, 2014
Emjoe wrote:
It should be the "1/2 Day of the Teacher", because every Wednesday, they only work 1/2 a day.
Are you still pizzed cause youre old lady ran off with some big black buck? LMAO
Artie

San Jose, CA

#5 May 1, 2014
And, once again, Emjoe eats bovine droppings!

http://img.allvoices.com/thumbs/event/480/385...
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#6 May 1, 2014
Madmax wrote:
Your wrong, the kids get out early but the teachers remain working on lesson plans, grading papers, etc
No they don't. They all go out to lunch then go bowling....
Aradara

Vallejo, CA

#7 May 2, 2014
Madmax wrote:
Yea right, I live by a local school and by 2pm 90% of the parking lot is empty on Wednesdays. I would bet the same holds true through out town.
Antwan

Livermore, CA

#8 May 2, 2014
Hey Emjoe, did your mommy drop any kids that lived? Obsession indeed!

Since: Aug 10

South San Francisco, CA

#9 May 2, 2014
Emjoe wrote:
every day is just slightly over a half day at 6.5 hours with an hour off for lunch.
Madmax

Vacaville, CA

#10 May 2, 2014
Lunch hours are not hours, they are 30 minutes.

Since: Aug 10

Vacaville, CA

#11 May 3, 2014
Madmax wrote:
Lunch hours are not hours, they are 30 minutes.
Maybe at your crappy job.
Madmax

Vacaville, CA

#12 May 3, 2014
Birds Landing Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe at your crappy job.
My crappy job educates your children
LOL

San Jose, CA

#13 May 4, 2014
Madmax wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob has no children, he was born without any balls. LOL
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#14 May 4, 2014
A Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't. They all go out to lunch then go bowling....
And they practice every Wednesday afternoon for events like this:

http://www.vacateachers.org/spring-bowling-so...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php...

Rumor has it, they have secret handshakes as well.....
Antwan

Walnut Creek, CA

#15 May 4, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob has no children, he was born without any balls. LOL
Rumor has it that Bob and Granny in the Crosswalk had sex at the Super 8 in Dixon several years ago. Granny gave birth to triplets whose only language skills was BAHHHH!
Bob

San Leandro, CA

#16 May 6, 2014
Madmax wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hallucinating again Jer. You couldn't even educate your own children. Remember a few years ago you told us how you had to send your kid let units to after school private tutors to supplement their public schooling?
Mad max

Vacaville, CA

#17 May 6, 2014
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
You're hallucinating again Jer. You couldn't even educate your own children. Remember a few years ago you told us how you had to send your kid let units to after school private tutors to supplement their public schooling?
I don't know who "jer" is. I am pretty new to topix, but it seems like a real waste of time. So thanks but no thanks, moving on to more intelligent and mature people in other forum types
A Thought

Vacaville, CA

#18 May 6, 2014
League play every Friday at 4 (scroll down), but practice is every Wednesday at 2

http://www.starsrecreation.com/bowling-league...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 9 hr Christsharian Law 24
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... 9 hr Christsharian Law 6
News Arkansas man sues police officer for excessive ... 14 hr Shat 1
News Man charged in Fitchburg woman's slaying; as fr... (Jul '10) 17 hr Fat Stevie 41
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 19 hr Big Bad Elena K 42
News What parents need to know about gummy vitamins 22 hr mar 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Right On 31,932
More from around the web