Mass Disturbance Follows Pittsfield Street Fair

May 18, 2012 Full story: IBerkshires 63

PITTSFIELD, Mass. - A Melee broke out on Melville Street immediately following the conclusion of the first 3rd Thursday street fair of the season, resulting in extensive crowd control measures and multiple arrests.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Nephir

Pittsfield, MA

#1 May 18, 2012
in my country we use elephants for crowd control..peoples are so focused stepping over the dung piles that they have to behave or they are knee deep in doo doo
Big Pun Intended

Pittsfield, MA

#2 May 18, 2012
It happened near the Krispy Cone/Thats a Wrap set up...SHOCKING!!!
cops gone wild

Westminster, MA

#3 May 18, 2012
Caught on video? Did any of them have drugs on board?
what

Albany, NY

#4 May 18, 2012
You mean to tell me the cops can't control a group of kids even with two other towns helping??? Where's the "special response team" F the police maybe they'll think next time before they go trying to bully people. Think about it it there's ever civil unrest the gov't will NOT be able to protect you that responsibility will be all yours.
cops gone wild

Westminster, MA

#5 May 18, 2012
I won't be surprised if the cops instigated the riotous melee.
Spider

Pittsfield, MA

#6 May 18, 2012
Well isn't that sweet! Now the taxpayers will be forced to pay for additional police at other similar events.

Chances are that the ones involved will only get a slap on the wrist. You just wait and see!
SVU SPECIAL VICTIMS

Pittsfield, MA

#7 May 18, 2012
Am I the only one, after reading stuff like this, who wants to just walk way from Pittsfield? Someone has to inform these pond scum that Pittsfield The Dump is now Cultural Pittsfield. Get with the program and start holding your pinky finger out when you hold beer can.
St Joe Stud

East Longmeadow, MA

#8 May 18, 2012
Glad I moved years ago. Stay Classy, Pittsfield.

And for the record. I'd take a cops story over some punk pittsfield kid any day. Those bitches probably started fighting because one is knocked up by the other's boyfriend. It's a trend these days out there.
Spider

Pittsfield, MA

#9 May 18, 2012
This AM on WBEC, the reporter said it took "several" police officers to get the situation under control.

However, The Eagle claims 20 officers on duty were called in, along with assistance from the State Police, Sheriff's Office, Dalton and Lanesboro.

I tend to believe the Eagle story. But why would WBEC want to play it down and not give the real facts?
Thinkin

Springfield, MA

#10 May 18, 2012
It says alot for our humanity in this city. Some culture! I would bet these beauts are well known to the police.
THE PITTS

United States

#11 May 18, 2012
This is what happens when you import trash into the city. The trash spreads its way of acting. Pretty soon all you have left is trash.
get real

Pittsfield, MA

#12 May 18, 2012
I was there before the cops even see it, 2 girls starting fighting and it was 4 cops at first and the teen started to get out of control them more got called about 10 after one of them got attached by some teens about 10 more showed up very fast. The police did a pretty good job, none of the teens had to get in trouble, the cops gave them more then enough chances to go home. All the ones that got arrested chose too! their parents should be ashamed!
sweet

Philadelphia, PA

#13 May 18, 2012
Smh.....
sweet

Philadelphia, PA

#14 May 18, 2012
Most of the police up there are very nasty anyway....a person can only take so much....maybe it was time to fight back ! PPD has been out of control for years with no kind of punishment...it looks like some finally took a stand.
St Joe Stud

East Longmeadow, MA

#15 May 18, 2012
Sweet, I notice you're from NY, NY. Is the reason you dislike our local cops so much because you're part of the drug running trash that's been turning Pittsfield into a Hub for trafficking between NYC/ALB/BOS/VT for the last decade.

Thanks, May the cops beat you too.
sweet

Philadelphia, PA

#16 May 18, 2012
This was bound to happen. Pittsfield Police has been wreckless for years, without punishment. Most of them are very arrogant, just nasty....That's the shame ! They do just as much crime as the so called criminals...Like i said this was bound to happen. People are tired....fed up....
sweet

Philadelphia, PA

#17 May 18, 2012
Ha Ha...your to funny :) And your also wrong...im from Vermont.
sweet

Philadelphia, PA

#18 May 18, 2012
Your ignorant to think that im black, a drug dealer and from ny...just because i dnt agree with you...yeah....you seem ignorant. Im a white woman, educated, from vermont.
cops gone wild

United States

#19 May 18, 2012
Is there another whole section of the paper that I missed? I was sure that once Capt.Granger finally decided to speak the the press he'd clear up the ugly rumors that some of Pittsfield's guardians of civilization, some of those shepherds protecting sheep from wolves had allegedly gone wild and were involved in the recent drug raid/bust at Herman's, a known depot for drugs. A raid prompted by a 6 month investigation and wire taps. A raid on a friday night at a drug market operating right out in the open. A raid which yielded no drugs, so thats the story from the cops anyway. Well who knows, maybe the drugs were under the floor mat in a police cruiser. Thats allegedly where the cops found 60 grams of cocaine after they caught a major drug suspect last month. A pat down didn't turn up any drugs on the major drug suspect when he was taken into custody. But 60 grams of cocaine was found in a police cruiser. Well thats the story the cops tell anyway.
cops gone wild

United States

#20 May 18, 2012
sweet wrote:
This was bound to happen. Pittsfield Police has been wreckless for years, without punishment. Most of them are very arrogant, just nasty....That's the shame ! They do just as much crime as the so called criminals...Like i said this was bound to happen. People are tired....fed up....
'guardians of civilization' so MicHELL Wynn says.......... Mullen Granger Cowell Grady Orsi Bassett Silver Civello Winston Coco Potach Finn Derby Godfroy Herlan Murphy Bush Lenihan Haeker Powell Steinman Wallace Price Hill McHugh Nykorchuck Ortega Kalinowsky Foisy Eason McIntyre Megaro Trapani Roccabruna Bushey Kirchner Bradford Colello Whitney Coutuure Streit Barber DeSantis Decker Garner Maddalena Casey Belknap Parise Strout Mazzeo Klink Bertelli Losaw..........I know there's more..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It Happened to Me: I Grew Up as a Jehovah's Wit... 25 min hMMMMM 97
Officials: Keep kids without vaccines away from... 2 hr VACCINE SPECTRUM ... 3
Wally's Frozen Custard in St. Clair Shores (Feb '14) 5 hr Podi 199
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 6 hr dee lightful 394
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr One Voice One Vote 31,714
Higher Education Bubble Update: Colleges ratche... 23 hr RandomLuck 1
Foster crisis dominates talk around Hancock Co.... Sat Courtney Beckham 1
More from around the web