NJ Waitress Receives Anti-Gay Note in Lieu of Tip

Nov 14, 2013 Full story: EDGE 403

A waitress working in a New Jersey restaurant says a family left her an anti-gay note, condemning her "gay lifestyle," on the bill for their meal in lieu of a tip Gay Star News reports.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#228 Nov 17, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
Any number of reasons why the family couldn't change servers. Maybe they didn't want to publicly embarrass her.
Plus, once the waitress is putting plates on the table, waving her crappy hands in front of the kids and telling the little girl how special she was, there was no stopping the eruption of protective emotion.
You just make up any old scenario your little heart wants to puke out, don't ya.
Gary

Euless, TX

#229 Nov 17, 2013
I'm taking my family out to eat at a fancy restaurant tonight, if we end up with some queer waiter I'll be sure two not leave a tip :-)

WOO HOO!!!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#230 Nov 17, 2013
customer wrote:
<quoted text>
The article that was listed on the topic forum never once said these people claimed to be Christians. So I don't thinks that's fair to act line all Christians feel that way. I've been a waitress too and been stiffed too. Oh well it happens. I've been stiffed by blacks, whites, homosexual, straight., etc. no one particularly more than the other though. It always sucked no matter who it was that did it. Not all Christians are rich and give freely. People that have jobs I appreciate and give 20% tip.
You're correct, it did NOT mention that if they were Christians or not. However, with their reaction, can you not think that is their bent? Or, maybe they were just intolerant atheists.

Whatever, the fact that they tried to humiliate and make an innocent person feel bad does NOT say anything except that they are horrible people.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#231 Nov 17, 2013
equalityboy81 wrote:
<quoted text>
While I believe that to be the truth where did you come across this updated information?
From CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/15/us/new-jersey-g...
The general manager of the restaurant, Byron Lapola, did not release the family's names, adding that "we fully respect our guests' privacy."
Lapola posted support for Morales on the restaurant's Facebook page:
"Dayna is one of our absolute best servers working here at Gallop. We as a team were deeply hurt by the events that transpired. I myself as the General Manager took it personal as my team treats each other like a family. I made sure that Dayna was compensated for the tip, as for emotionally I wish there was much more I could do. One thing I can say is that people of that woman's kind business is not welcome here at Gallop, and I can assure you that if they decide to dine here again that they will be turned away."
customer

Lexington, KY

#232 Nov 17, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>You're correct, it did NOT mention that if they were Christians or not. However, with their reaction, can you not think that is their bent? Or, maybe they were just intolerant atheists.

Whatever, the fact that they tried to humiliate and make an innocent person feel bad does NOT say anything except that they are horrible people.
I agree with u on that.

Palm Springs, California

#233 Nov 17, 2013
Gary wrote:
I'm taking my family out to eat at a fancy restaurant tonight, if we end up with some queer waiter I'll be sure two not leave a tip :-)
WOO HOO!!!
Really? they won't accept tips at Chick Filet-A, or McDondald's or whatever other fast food place you'll be dining at..nothing like the smell of new paper wrapping one's food to put him in elegant state of mind.

Plus, they have plastic cutlery so your cross eyed feeble minded kids and wife won't be able to accidentally cut themselves. I bet they all look real cute in their brain helmets.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#234 Nov 18, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
and I can assure you that if they decide to dine here again that they will be turned away."
Wanna bet? Ask a florist.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#235 Nov 18, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Wanna bet? Ask a florist.
A Restaurant DOES have the right to refuse serve and as long as their policy states the reasons for denying service......and they do it ACROSS the board.....NO DISCRIMINATION is taking place.....BUT if they only do it to this particular family, then the family could claim they were being discriminated against!!!

All the florist had to do was STOP providing flowers fro ALL weddings and then there is NO discrimination, she opted to inject her religious beliefs as grounds for denying service to a long standing customer!!!

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#236 Nov 18, 2013
My last post should read FOR instead of fro

Oops......lol!!!

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#237 Nov 18, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
From CNN:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/15/us/new-jersey-g...
The general manager of the restaurant, Byron Lapola, did not release the family's names, adding that "we fully respect our guests' privacy."
Lapola posted support for Morales on the restaurant's Facebook page:
"Dayna is one of our absolute best servers working here at Gallop. We as a team were deeply hurt by the events that transpired. I myself as the General Manager took it personal as my team treats each other like a family. I made sure that Dayna was compensated for the tip, as for emotionally I wish there was much more I could do. One thing I can say is that people of that woman's kind business is not welcome here at Gallop, and I can assure you that if they decide to dine here again that they will be turned away."
Great info. So much for all these trolls claiming this didn't happen or it was a publicity stunt. I also think the reason the manager won't release the family's name is simply becuase he is afraid if he does they may sue him.

It's appalling that anyone would treat a military vet in such a tacky way.
just my opinion

Lexington, KY

#238 Nov 18, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Great info. So much for all these trolls claiming this didn't happen or it was a publicity stunt. I also think the reason the manager won't release the family's name is simply becuase he is afraid if he does they may sue him.

It's appalling that anyone would treat a military vet in such a tacky way.
They wasn't treating a vet that way they were treating her that way because she was a lesbian...that is the whole concept of the story.

Location hidden

#239 Nov 18, 2013
just my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
They wasn't treating a vet that way they were treating her that way because she was a lesbian...that is the whole concept of the story.
How did they know she was a lesbian? By her military combat cut that wears far better under a helmet? By the tats on her fingers that lots of Latino military (and not a few whiteys) get in-country? By her fit and developed physique?
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#240 Nov 18, 2013
The whole thing was a setup to get canned and be able to sue the restaurant... the same type of scenario the lesbian used to get out of the Marines with veteran's benefits two years early. It worked as far as her being too much an embarrassment for the Marines, but the restaurant not so much.

Now, the homosexuals helping her set this up back in October are sending her a little money to make another PR routine they can advantage. Just how stupid do they think people are, that they would accept this vacuous story about a note and because of a little note, they send her a bunch of money? It's crap from start to finish.

If she had suffered some type of harm... maybe, but this is just nonsense and all about her being able to dominate the restaurant now.
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#241 Nov 18, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they know she was a lesbian? By her military combat cut that wears far better under a helmet? By the tats on her fingers that lots of Latino military (and not a few whiteys) get in-country? By her fit and developed physique?
She could be lying about the lesbian aspect of the thing, just as she has lied about her recreant military service.

What if they just didn't like the fact that she had infected hands and generally appeared to be a pig?

Location hidden

#242 Nov 18, 2013
Troutman's calumny knows no end!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#243 Nov 18, 2013
fr Cordwainer Trout:

>The whole thing was a setup to get canned and be able to sue the restaurant... the same type of scenario the lesbian used to get out of the Marines with veteran's benefits two years early. It worked as far as her being too much an embarrassment for the Marines, but the restaurant not so much....<

WHAT a load of crap. The restaurant has gone on record saying that she is one of the BEST servers there, and fully backs her up.

Get a clue, learn to read, and grow UP.
Coyle

Sweden

#244 Nov 18, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
The whole thing was a setup to get canned and be able to sue the restaurant... the same type of scenario the lesbian used to get out of the Marines with veteran's benefits two years early. It worked as far as her being too much an embarrassment for the Marines, but the restaurant not so much.
Now, the homosexuals helping her set this up back in October are sending her a little money to make another PR routine they can advantage. Just how stupid do they think people are, that they would accept this vacuous story about a note and because of a little note, they send her a bunch of money? It's crap from start to finish.
If she had suffered some type of harm... maybe, but this is just nonsense and all about her being able to dominate the restaurant now.
Spot on!
Coyle

Anonymous Proxy

#245 Nov 18, 2013
This story makes me sick! Filthy stinking dyke!
Cordwainer Trout

Elizabethtown, KY

#246 Nov 18, 2013
Pattysboi wrote:
fr Cordwainer Trout:
>The whole thing was a setup to get canned and be able to sue the restaurant... the same type of scenario the lesbian used to get out of the Marines with veteran's benefits two years early. It worked as far as her being too much an embarrassment for the Marines, but the restaurant not so much....<
WHAT a load of crap. The restaurant has gone on record saying that she is one of the BEST servers there, and fully backs her up.
Get a clue, learn to read, and grow UP.
You had prior contact with this woman and/or with Lapola... what's that about?

Palm Springs, California

#247 Nov 18, 2013
Cordwainer Trout wrote:
<quoted text>
You had prior contact with this woman and/or with Lapola... what's that about?
Support our troops and veterans, traitor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Single mom, 5 kids homeless after fire 10 min ATVrider 4
Resisting reality no way to address pregnancy i... (Nov '06) 31 min jiv 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 33 min Inquiring Minds 31,502
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 1 hr tom_ 21
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 1 hr dee lightful 162
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 4 hr UNchained 31
For Once the Anti-Vaxxers Aren't (Entirely) to ... 13 hr New mom 5
More from around the web