FDA: Older psych drugs have fatal ris...

FDA: Older psych drugs have fatal risks in seniors

There are 9 comments on the AMNY story from Jun 17, 2008, titled FDA: Older psych drugs have fatal risks in seniors. In it, AMNY reports that:

The Food and Drug Administration warned doctors Monday that prescribing a certain group of psychiatric drugs to seniors suffering from dementia can increase their risk of death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AMNY.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#1 Jun 17, 2008
Eli Lilly Zyprexa RICO Lawsuit

"Through a complex series of illegal rackets and lies, Eli Lilly drug company built a multi-billion dollar drug enterprise at the expense of taxpayers, consumers and patient lives".

Zyprexa remains on the market in the United States and more than 80 other countries. About 30 state attorneys general have subpoenaed documents detailing Lilly's sales practices for Zyprexa as part of a civil investigation under state consumer protection laws.

Zyprexa qualifies for a MedGuide warning:

(1) The labeling would definitely help prevent serious adverse events;
(2) Few patients would be willing to take the drug and risk developing diabetes given that numerous studies have shown Zyprexa to be no more effective than the older class of antipsychotics that do not cause diabetes; and
(3) Most patients on Zyprexa would learn that the drug is not FDA approved to treat the condition they have.
---

HERE http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem... Connecticut Sues Lilly Over Zyprexa (this is a RICO lawsuit like they use against organized crime)

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#2 Jun 17, 2008
Older anti-psychotics, newer anti-psychotics, what is the difference? They all seem to have adverse effects on seniors (and everybody else). The FDA is a useless pile of crap where protecting the people is concerned.
HumanSpirit

Wellborn, FL

#3 Jun 17, 2008
Murder. Nothing more.
Bobbysgirl

Fleming, GA

#4 Jun 17, 2008
And did I hear this week that the FDA what a zillion (don't remember the figure) dollars in order to do the job of insuring our food supply is safe? And what exactly have they been doing and failing to do to date? And what about the money they already receive to do that?
I think the FDA should be shut down immediately and completely overhauled. It would be wise to forbid any member of the Bush administration or THE BUSH FAMILY from having anything to do with the new FDA. It doesn't make any sense to think it could work the way it is structured now and is completely corrupt. It is set up---doomed from the start--to be corrupt.
Sandy

Venice, FL

#5 Jul 3, 2008
sherryd wrote:
Older anti-psychotics, newer anti-psychotics, what is the difference? They all seem to have adverse effects on seniors (and everybody else). The FDA is a useless pile of crap where protecting the people is concerned.
You have that right!! It's all about the money, not the people!!
Grimm Reapor

Lake Worth, FL

#6 Jul 3, 2008
Getting rid some or most of these old alder cokers here on the So. Fla. roads is community service work. Who needs them? They smell old and are old. They wear diapers. When a old guy wears diapers ain't it time to look for the soilent green wharehouse. PLLUHHHEASE !
Kennett

UK

#7 Aug 1, 2013
I took Klonopin and Paxil for 15 years to treat my anxiety disorder. I had to detox from the Klonopin this past spring. I got off the Klonopin and switched my Paxil to Lexapro (sex side effect issue). I am also a recovering alcoholic. My doctor did not want me on Benzo's anymore (says it increased alcohol cravings). I stayed on Lexapro only for 9 months, but my anxiety came back strong on just the Lexapro alone. I almost resorted to taking Xanax before I switched doctors. My new doc gave Zyprexa from http://z-olanzapine.com a chance. I am on my 7th day and I haven't felt this "normal" in 5 years. I take 5mgs at night and it has ended the "chatter" in my head, and removed my anxiety. Great medicine so far.
Wintergirl

Spring, TX

#8 Aug 1, 2013
What's wrong with using sex, caffeine, sugar, and occasional alcohol to change your mood? Ditto for chocolate. Vitamins. Exercise. I'm not saying that would work for people with real psychological problems like schizo, etc.

These things are readily available. No prescription or trip to the doc's office.
helene

Aiken, SC

#10 Sep 19, 2013
its a nightmare to be over 70. I am 76 this oct and I sent some one a email about suicide in my old home town in MA. I will do it when I feel sick or dementia coming on, mom, dad ,aunts grandmother all had it at my age. some one reported me
a policeman came to my home but unlike MA when I talked suicide he did not cart me off. if he did I would of possible did it when I came home. I left MA 9 months ago to SC My sons arranged for husband and I to be close to him and grand kids. I cannot believe a few friends from my past have crossed over since I left. Old boy friends mostley..Tthe friends I had back home ignore me since I left when I used to help them. I even got sick when I went to help a friend with a bad cold took her to hospital took her home and caught her virus. I was real sick seen two drs put me on different antibiotic that almost killed me. had no taste no smell and did not want to eat yet I some how made it to SC. this is not a suicide email I am just saying I hate being old I was once beautiful,a model in the late 50's early 60's in CA. I look at old photos when I was beautiful and I think if God exists he is cruel and so are the people in this day and age the dr'd are pill pushers to fill their wallets and the drugs they give you have bad side effects, then give you more drugs to offset the side effects. I take a asprin only and some nights I pray I die in my sleep. my son cries when I talk like this he lives a minute away. He is 50 with small 3 kids 8 and 5 year old twins who I take care of when they go out on a Saturday. I fight to stay sane and alive ONLY for him just for him my beloved son and it is hard to fight off this depression I feel at times. Valium does help.Ineed to find a dr to giveit to me I took this medication on and off for 40 years with no problems,just feel good and calm from it but was careful not to get addicted. God Damm drs now want to kill you with other dangerous meds I know My sister is a retired nurse and she told me horror stories she is 72.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 dead, 17 wounded in shooting at Kentucky high... 6 min Jack 42
News A plan to givr every NJ kid healthcare - includ... 2 hr Retribution 9
News 1 dead, 7 hospitalized, suspect held in high sc... 6 hr Trumpet Blower 5
News Potsdam school board continues discussion of la... 16 hr lol 1
News Tom Hayes | 1949-2011: Officer quick to forgive... (Jan '11) Mon Ronalds niece 43
News Giving foster children something of their own Mon DCF are MONSTERS 14
News 'Dad, it's your turn now' (Dec '08) Mon Martin garey 7
More from around the web