Bill Cosby Tells Don Lemon Black Men ...

Bill Cosby Tells Don Lemon Black Men Need To Raise Their Kids, Has...

There are 248 comments on the Free Republic story from Sep 15, 2013, titled Bill Cosby Tells Don Lemon Black Men Need To Raise Their Kids, Has.... In it, Free Republic reports that:

CNN anchor Don Lemon has, of late, turned the focus of his frequent conversations on race to the idea of personal responsibility in the African American community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

London

Columbus, OH

#204 Sep 22, 2013
Synde75 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of presence, please consider the fact that schools were desegregated because in psychological tests, kids were choosing the White doll over the Black doll!
That's B.S. Are we really this clueless as blacks? Are you black?

The doll test is done to test the spread of white supremacy. Desegregation made the spread of white supremacy advance.
Synde75 wrote:
<quoted text>

Black children at that time did not, indeed could not have learned that from Whites or even TV! They learned and to this day are still learning that kind of self hatred from us!
No they aren't learning it from "US"..They are learning it from bm who have put racism in to their music. They have learned it from black men and biracial men.
Synde75 wrote:
<quoted text>

We, as Black people, suffer because we truly don't trust each other or like ourselves. Poverty and racism from slavery are at the root of the problem, but we make the madness flourish! This is true even of middle class Black families, where as I mentioned before, siblings often become competitors! Until we COMBINE at least as families and stop favoring White standards of beauty, culture, education, etc over Black standards, we will not grow!
We won't grow. I agree with this because too many bm expect bw to fix problems they've created.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#206 Sep 22, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text> That's B.S. Are we really this clueless as blacks? Are you black?
The doll test is done to test the spread of white supremacy. Desegregation made the spread of white supremacy advance.
<quoted text> No they aren't learning it from "US"..They are learning it from bm who have put racism in to their music. They have learned it from black men and biracial men.
<quoted text> We won't grow. I agree with this because too many bm expect bw to fix problems they've created.
I am a Sister and I presume you are too! In the 1940s and 50s because of segregation, those children did not interact that much with Whites and TV was not available to influence most! Black or biracial men and their music are not the only problem either! WE all must examine the choices that we make! Tell the truth - many Sisters still worship at the altar of White beauty and many Brothers are selling out values for the buck! That kind of negative or just mere PRESENCE affects our children and, therefore, our future! Lebron's sons will always know that he did not marry their Mom, until there were rumors of his reporter mistress in Cleveland being pregnant! So how will they behave as men?! If we want extraordinary children and we need them, we must raise them in an extraordinary way! Junior high should look like boot camp complete with public service, shop, home economics for ALL!

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#207 Sep 22, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Parents should be present for PARENTING Redefined. NOTHING replaces this role. You can't skip the needs for parents to be PRESENT for parenting in order to fill social needs. Social needs are filled through parenting and the only way one can parent is through PRESENCE.
You REFUSE too acknowledge how valuing ourselves & our communities is also important. Seems the only solution have is simply presences which I've acknowledged. So I have no idea why you continue stating the same thing over & over again.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#208 Sep 22, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you determine if a teacher values students if they don't have any students present to teach?
The teach is important because the role of teaching was given to the teacher. If the teacher doesn't value the students enough to teach, well clearly you must deal with that and take person out of the position of teaching by any means available.
"The teach is important because the role of teaching was given to the teacher".

You contradicted this statement right after you wrote it because you REFUSE to acknowledge the importance of 'Value'. Do you NOT feel racial constructs play a role in social ills or will you completely IGNORE this & come up with a different theory which suits ur own beliefs??

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#209 Sep 23, 2013
Sadbuttrue wrote:
<quoted text>
Disrespect is disrespect to me! I understand why BW date and marry out as well as cheat on BM.
I have a friends Jose who married and attractive BW and has 4 kids with her. They are both into fitness but for some reason, Jose felt entitled to cheat his wife lost her high paying job. Prior for 8 years she carried Jose while he worked low end jobs.
She joined a organization while searching for a job and she met someone older than her in his 60's who owns the organization. Jose told her she couldn't drive the car because he wasn't paying for her gas because she was unemployed! She would catch the bus, in DC and 4-5 months later her guy friend offered her a Jaguar to drive around in which was only 3 years old.
I told Jose your wife is cheating on you! He said No Way but I do and laughed..........Well I guess his wife got the last laugh, she left him with 4 kids and moved in with the man. She said she'll visit the kids on the weekends! LMAO
Lets see how Jose can manage to continue to cheat since he has to raise 4 school age children!
His wife left him for another man!
I really don't think it's disrespect if the wife is doing the same thing. Applause for Jose's wife! When a husband is cheating he is not giving his wife all the love, emotional support and sometimes the physical closeness that she needs so she has a right to find it elsewhere and a right to expect the father of her children to raise their kids as well is that moms are expected to.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#210 Sep 23, 2013
Spit-Fire wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me make my position very clear. I wrote this as a response to another post.
I am under no illusions about brainwashed BM, or the Black male collective in general.
Many Black men are not going to take the lead, or create leaders or push back against the dominant White structure, because...they don't want to.
It is really that simple. It is no secret that Black women and by extenstion, Black children are not valued in our community.
Words and actions cements this reality.
I'm not holding my breath waiting for the calvary to arrive. They are not coming. Only Black
women who are in denial are clinging to that false notion.
I have stated more than once that the only people Black women should be concerned about is themselves and their children. That is it.
Our best chance for wholesale success, is
becoming one another's greatest allies.
Black Women are moving in that direction.
True! Black women must learn to stick together and have each other's back and stop looking for black men to have our best interest at heart which most don't. Too many black men have been proven to be our nemesis than our protectors. Black women should learn to put themselves first. Taking care of you, bettering your life and choosing men of any race who can share mutual love, respect and attraction with waiting for bm. True black women are head in that direction. Just a few years ago while out with a white boyfriend, some black women would give me the most evil stare, like you are a sell-out and how could you betray our black men! Even though one or two of "our black men" had just passed by those black women with a Latina or white woman on their arm. Today, now often when my husband and I are out together we come upon black women who give a knowing look and grin or literally the thumbs up!
Unholi

Kennesaw, GA

#211 Sep 23, 2013
Why are irbw commenting on bm child abandonment when 95% of irbw had a father, which is what turned them into the sometimes successful but all times spoiled brats that they are.
London

Memphis, TN

#212 Sep 23, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
"The teach is important because the role of teaching was given to the teacher".
You contradicted this statement right after you wrote it because you REFUSE to acknowledge the importance of 'Value'. Do you NOT feel racial constructs play a role in social ills or will you completely IGNORE this & come up with a different theory which suits ur own beliefs??
Well don't we all support theories which support our own beliefs? Isn't that what a belief is?
You seem to want to take the role of parenting off the table and instead replace it with social "justice". I don't agree with that. Time would be better spent in discouraging abandonment of children and encouraging presence in our kids lives.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#213 Sep 23, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Well don't we all support theories which support our own beliefs? Isn't that what a belief is?
You seem to want to take the role of parenting off the table and instead replace it with social "justice". I don't agree with that. Time would be better spent in discouraging abandonment of children and encouraging presence in our kids lives.
You seem to either miss or IGNORE what I've been stating. Funny thing is you say BM are self haters but want them steppin' up too raise their kids & also become leaders. They may raise their kids but leaders are created.
London

Memphis, TN

#214 Sep 23, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to either miss or IGNORE what I've been stating. Funny thing is you say BM are self haters but want them steppin' up too raise their kids & also become leaders. They may raise their kids but leaders are created.
Most leaders are actually born to lead. Leaders are in general, not created.

As far as bm being self haters, it's not all, but I'm saying if the majority of kids in your community don't have active nor viable dads in their lives, that points to self hatred. That is a wider community problem and if you want to speak of building we must first send the message that we must first be present for our future generations. We can't just skip over this huge issue and speak of social ills when we don't even have our house in order. That's my only point. If we can't first be present to parent our kids, well we have no right nor reason to address the wider social problems because we've then made the decision for ourselves.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#215 Sep 23, 2013
Of course they should support their children. But instead they complain about the women they chose to knock up and pretend that they aren't the OTHER major factor in this cycle of fatherless children.

And BW should have more respect for themselves and stop taking up with these losers that impregnate you and then talk trash about you like you somehow trapped them. Use your heads!

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#216 Sep 23, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Most leaders are actually born to lead. Leaders are in general, not created.
As far as bm being self haters, it's not all, but I'm saying if the majority of kids in your community don't have active nor viable dads in their lives, that points to self hatred. That is a wider community problem and if you want to speak of building we must first send the message that we must first be present for our future generations. We can't just skip over this huge issue and speak of social ills when we don't even have our house in order. That's my only point. If we can't first be present to parent our kids, well we have no right nor reason to address the wider social problems because we've then made the decision for ourselves.
How could someone without wisdom lead others?? No they are NOT born. I'm NOT sure how you determine leadership. You probably determine leadership by how effectively one draw in others. This way is very deceptive because propaganda, fear, religion can be used attract followers even tho this may all be BS. You still don't see the importance of what I'm saying or maybe you don't want too because of course ur someone who share similar views as The MAJORITY, views all of us want to adopt. That's why there is & will always be division.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#217 Sep 23, 2013
of course ur someone who share similar views as The MAJORITY, views all of us don't want to adopt. That's why there is & will always be division.
yeah yeah

Faber, VA

#218 Sep 23, 2013
BORING!
London

Memphis, TN

#219 Sep 24, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
How could someone without wisdom lead others?? No they are NOT born. I'm NOT sure how you determine leadership. You probably determine leadership by how effectively one draw in others. This way is very deceptive because propaganda, fear, religion can be used attract followers even tho this may all be BS. You still don't see the importance of what I'm saying or maybe you don't want too because of course ur someone who share similar views as The MAJORITY, views all of us want to adopt. That's why there is & will always be division.
Leaders must have intelligence. Wisdom comes through intelligence. You can't make someone who doesn't have intelligence into an effective leader. It doesn't matter how much knowledge they are given nor how much they are taught that they must lead..they will not be able to lead effectively because of a lack of intelligence.

Intelligence is a born trait. Because you need intelligence to lead, leaders are thus born.

However, leaders must still be groomed to lead either through their own initiative to want to lead or through someone else's urging that they must lead because of their intelligence.

You are probably one of those people who thinks anyone can lead as long as they are given enough information and this is simply not true. In fact, lots of information in the hands of someone who can't decipher information is quite dangerous.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#220 Sep 24, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>

However, leaders must still be groomed to lead either through their own initiative to want to lead or through someone else's urging that they must lead because of their intelligence.
You are probably one of those people who thinks anyone can lead as long as they are given enough information and this is simply not true. In fact, lots of information in the hands of someone who can't decipher information is quite dangerous.
Now this I agree with. If we want leaders, we have to groom them 1st. So Parents have to actually be Mothers & Fathers. If their child is charismatic, they will lead. BTW I do NOT believe anyone can lead because any occupation requires ability & everyone doesn't have the ability to naturally draw in large crowds.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#221 Sep 24, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaders must have intelligence. Wisdom comes through intelligence. You can't make someone who doesn't have intelligence into an effective leader. It doesn't matter how much knowledge they are given nor how much they are taught that they must lead..they will not be able to lead effectively because of a lack of intelligence.
Intelligence is a born trait. Because you need intelligence to lead, leaders are thus born.
You mean learning is an ability because none of us is born with Intelligence. We're all born with the ability to learn from our environment, from our experiences & adults unless you are mentally retarded. You can't make everyone into a leader because everyone isn't charismatic. This is something which has to be natural too you. So I agree having knowledge doesn't make you a effective leader but a lacking of grooming doesn't either.

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#222 Sep 24, 2013
Intelligence = Knowledge

“No Substitute For The Truth”

Since: Jan 10

United States

#223 Sep 24, 2013
You mean learning is an ability because none of us is born with Knowledge.

This is what I meant to say....
London

Memphis, TN

#224 Sep 24, 2013
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean learning is an ability because none of us is born with Intelligence.
This is simply wrong. Intelligence is a born trait. Some people do not have the capabiliy to learn past a certain point. Some people can only learn lifes basics thus are what we call simpleminded.

Some people are able to naturally take in and process lots of data--but may not be able to effect change naturally- these people are leaders but must be groomed on effectiveness. Some people are naturally able to process data and new information and can also effect change without being told.
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>

We're all born with the ability to learn from our environment, from our experiences & adults unless you are mentally retarded.
Again, not true. If this were true, lots of social ills would not exist.
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>

You can't make everyone into a leader because everyone isn't charismatic.
Not all leaders are charismatic. In fact, there are times where charismatic leaders are ill placed and threaten group success. There are a whole list of reasons why charismatic leaders aren't good choices. Imo, the last thing blacks need is a charismatic leader (or someone pretending to be charismatic).
Redefined wrote:
<quoted text>

This is something which has to be natural too you. So I agree having knowledge doesn't make you a effective leader but a lacking of grooming doesn't either.
Agree. but not all leaders need outside grooming. Natural leaders can either be groomed to lead or groom themselves to lead through their intelligence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Expectant mom's flu shot protects 2 54 min Wendy 1
News For Kids 1 hr Malinda 1
News Dr. Spurgeon Banyard interviews with BOE (May '10) 1 hr wow 218
News One of the reasons Boston Latin looks nothing l... 2 hr Barbara 1
News Elephants perform for final time at Ringling Bros. 2 hr Noble Man 36
News Debbie Rowe Wants Michael Jackson's Kids Back -... (Apr '14) 4 hr I Love Prince 12
News Paris Jackson gets a hug from mother Debbie Row... (Dec '13) 4 hr Prince Fan 19
More from around the web