Tulsa parents say Breast Milk Baby is 'weird'

Nov 12, 2012 Full story: KRMG-AM Tulsa 16

But it's a breastfeeding doll whose suckling sounds are prompted by sensors sewn into a halter top at the nipples of little girls that caught some flak after hitting the U.S. market.

Full Story
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#1 Nov 12, 2012
Well, whenever I'm looking for a quotable source on anything scientifically or socially relevant, I always go to those parents found in Oklahoma, especially Tulsa!
Tulsa Mom

Medford, NY

#2 Nov 12, 2012
What's weird about this is that the doll has a striking resemblence to Rosie O'Donnell. I think that is not acceptable.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#3 Nov 12, 2012
I've breastfed and there is a large gap in my children's age distribution.

With my first the postpardum floor nurses did push the infamil a bit. I almost bled to death and was in surgery for a long time. I wasn't allowed to feed my newborn. They bottle fed him it took long for me to get him to breastfeed but he did. The doctor visits were pretty much pushing the infamil but I insisted on breastfeeding.

My second-all the way natural but there was a slight change. For one all though I had given natural birth they still offered EVERYDAY painkillers. I said NO all the time. I finally had to ask them why?? They said because of the pain. Of course I was in some pain, my uterus was still contracting and brastfeeding accelerates it but it's natural and I didn't want THAT in my milk. I told the nurse if you drug me, how will I know what's happening to me? Never asked again.

My last child-they were estatic that I was breastfeeding!!!! It was almost strange.

So, this market thing, has more to it.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Yeah, I guess being a male I don't have as much liberty as a female to comment on this, but it does seem a bit creepy. Preparing little girls for motherhood.
What's next, Mr. Penis? Never to young to learn how to apply a condom?
There really is a right age and a wrong age to develop certain skills. I personally thik 8 is a wrong age to learn about breast feeding, but who am I to give my 2 cents.

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#5 Nov 12, 2012
JM_Brazil wrote:
Yeah, I guess being a male I don't have as much liberty as a female to comment on this, but it does seem a bit creepy. Preparing little girls for motherhood.
There really is a right age and a wrong age to develop certain skills. I personally thik 8 is a wrong age to learn about breast feeding, but who am I to give my 2 cents.
Breast feeding is not about sex. If kids were taught more about the reproductive role of sex rather than the fun part, we'd have less teen pregnancies.

And there needs to be accurate information. This Yahoo! Answers post is an example of why accurate information is needed:

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/07/26/the-least...

There, a boy thinks that laxatives can be used as abortifaciant drugs to prevent pregnancy from oral sex. LOL!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 12, 2012
JM_Brazil wrote:
Understanding you, JM.

Don't quite know what I think about this doll.

In some ways it could be an educational toy.

Similar to the "living baby" dolls they give to students in high schools to teach the responsibilities and consequences of teen parenthood.
Those have monitors and sensors in them.

On the other hand, I can see this upping the desire in foolish kids to "Make a baby just for myself, to have someone to love me".

Very controversial any way I (personally) look at it.

“Stop libel and bullying.”

Since: Apr 09

Spotted World

#7 Nov 12, 2012
Also, there is this link:

http://www.mandatory.com/2012/07/26/the-least...

They want to know how much milk it takes to make a baby using baby powder.
La Leche

Medford, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2012
What next?.....a "Suckle-me Elmo" doll?

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#9 Nov 12, 2012
I'm just glad they don't have a doll called potato head...!!!!!!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#10 Nov 12, 2012
I also think it's a little weird.
but......, having nursed 2 babies myself, I can agree that this is more of an educational toy, or maybe a toy for a new big-sister who wants to imitate mommy.

“Music Lover”

Since: Jan 11

Royse City Texas

#11 Nov 12, 2012
What next? a gay doll for demo?

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#12 Nov 12, 2012
JM_Brazil wrote:
You need to prepare them young and instill the importance of free pills and that they are incharge of their own body, at least until they want someone else to pay for their mistakes.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#13 Nov 12, 2012
Rockstar hippy wrote:
What next? a gay doll for demo?
Only if they are allowed to marry.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14 Nov 12, 2012
...My 14 year-old sister has asked for this doll for Christmas....she said i could practise with her, till it comes....
Sheila Hurley

Medford, NY

#15 Nov 13, 2012
Go Blue Forever wrote:
...My 14 year-old sister has asked for this doll for Christmas....she said i could practise with her, till it comes....
Uh, what do you mean by "till it comes"?
Donkey Estonkey

Hampton, VA

#16 Nov 13, 2012
...or Oklahoma City.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 4 hr QUITTNER Dec 28 2014 230
Municipal Election 2014: School trustees candid... 12 hr much 1 sided info... 8
LoanMax gives $10,000 for KAMP Dovetail 13 hr really 2
Ausbon to run for sheriff (Feb '08) 16 hr Yeah 311
Should Santa Claus still be fat? 19 hr Maniac Stopper 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Sat Worth Repeating 31,562
What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) Fri Sam 18
More from around the web