Cops: Woman stole, then pawned, grandmother's gold bracelet

Jan 14, 2013 Full story: Fairfield Citizen-News 21

A Bridgeport woman paid a visit to her grandmother in a Fairfield nursing home Saturday, and according to police, stole the elderly woman's a $900 gold bracelet, which she later pawned.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#1 Jan 14, 2013
I'd like to pose a question to everyone on here: does it seem as though the entire world is going down the tubes lately? It truly seems that way to me. It seems like the number of rude, depraved, reckless, selfish, demented, irresponsible, crazy, and selfish acts have gone way up. I now don't pass through a single day without seeing something that shocks me. It seems like society in general has washed its hands of old school concepts like right and wrong.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 14, 2013
My friend, it is seems like society has gone pot. Shame on them.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#3 Jan 14, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
I'd like to pose a question to everyone on here: does it seem as though the entire world is going down the tubes lately? It truly seems that way to me. It seems like the number of rude, depraved, reckless, selfish, demented, irresponsible, crazy, and selfish acts have gone way up. I now don't pass through a single day without seeing something that shocks me. It seems like society in general has washed its hands of old school concepts like right and wrong.
I agree, everytime I think I have heard it all something else equally disgusting or shocking happens.I would like to add a coomet, People going into a hospital or nursing facility should not wear or bring or wear anything of value, you never know who you can trust.Too many people go in and out of the room. Why chance losing something you cherish?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#4 Jan 14, 2013
Very true, Ava and Citizen.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 14, 2013
AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, everytime I think I have heard it all something else equally disgusting or shocking happens.I would like to add a coomet, People going into a hospital or nursing facility should not wear or bring or wear anything of value, you never know who you can trust.Too many people go in and out of the room. Why chance losing something you cherish?
Yes, and how sickening that one would have to think that way, yet it's true. Maybe this old woman, halfway to dementia, insisted because the bracelet was sentimental, I don't know.

I'm seeing reckless, aggressive driving in particular- I don't even want to be on the roads now. I've been driving since 1978 and I've never seen it this bad.

Sol

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#6 Jan 14, 2013
Is the thief left-handed, or right-handed?

Crush it.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Jan 15, 2013
Sol wrote:
Is the thief left-handed, or right-handed?
Crush it.
I'm guessing she's hooked on crack and or dope. That will make some people do it.
I don't care if someone is even hooked on dope- it's still unforgivable. Amputate her hands. Then she can't shoot up.
BPT

Bristol, CT

#8 Jan 15, 2013
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
My friend, it is seems like society has gone pot. Shame on them.
in this case it's probaly crack.
ARBUCKLE

Newtown, CT

#9 Jan 15, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
I'd like to pose a question to everyone on here: does it seem as though the entire world is going down the tubes lately? It truly seems that way to me. It seems like the number of rude, depraved, reckless, selfish, demented, irresponsible, crazy, and selfish acts have gone way up. I now don't pass through a single day without seeing something that shocks me. It seems like society in general has washed its hands of old school concepts like right and wrong.
When ,as a society you glory in what laws you can ignore,ridicule people of faith and belief in good,when you make every slight a hate crime,convince ill equiped people they are victims of more successful people;in short work to destroy the fabric of a society; Why are you suprised when it works? Just hope and change you can believe in

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Jan 15, 2013
ARBUCKLE wrote:
<quoted text>When ,as a society you glory in what laws you can ignore,ridicule people of faith and belief in good,when you make every slight a hate crime,convince ill equiped people they are victims of more successful people;in short work to destroy the fabric of a society; Why are you suprised when it works? Just hope and change you can believe in
Spot on!
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#11 Jan 15, 2013
Wow, what a small world you all live in. Try the African and Croat genocides. The children doing the killing of the war-lords on the african coast. The poisoning of our entire watershed through frakking. If you find this shocking since it is a grandmother, try some history of the Jews in WW II selling each other out to stay alive when they knew they were all to die. Then there are the jewish death camp workers. The world has been a pit for a long time. Look at the Crusades "bringing Jesus" to the Arab countries and stealing their gold, oh that's right, Bush started the last Crusade to free Iraq, killed a few million, and stole the oil. Look at the Democrats with the families of the Newtown shooting. No info as to the real motive and they parade them around to further their anti-gun platform. Take a look at the world.Grow up.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#12 Jan 15, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm guessing she's hooked on crack and or dope. That will make some people do it.
I don't care if someone is even hooked on dope- it's still unforgivable. Amputate her hands. Then she can't shoot up.
Great idea!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Great ideas from Citizen. God bless him.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 15, 2013
CTM wrote:
Wow, what a small world you all live in. Try the African and Croat genocides. The children doing the killing of the war-lords on the african coast. The poisoning of our entire watershed through frakking. If you find this shocking since it is a grandmother, try some history of the Jews in WW II selling each other out to stay alive when they knew they were all to die. Then there are the jewish death camp workers. The world has been a pit for a long time. Look at the Crusades "bringing Jesus" to the Arab countries and stealing their gold, oh that's right, Bush started the last Crusade to free Iraq, killed a few million, and stole the oil. Look at the Democrats with the families of the Newtown shooting. No info as to the real motive and they parade them around to further their anti-gun platform. Take a look at the world.Grow up.
So why then do you obsess on little problems like Newtown? Jackass.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#15 Jan 15, 2013
There you go again,showing off that 10 watt intellect of yours. You're all tore up about this yet the 1/4 billion that Blumenthal stole is an "overstep".

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 Jan 16, 2013
Blumenthal 'stole' 1/4 billion.

The cops 'destroyed' the hard drive.

Adam Lanza had the goods on the crooks in Newtown.

The authorities are whipping up the Newtown story to divert attention away from the 'real crimes'.

These are the rantings of someone who has a tenuous hold on reality.
Welcome to CTM's paranoid, delusional world. Smoke some angel dusk if you can't get there through rational thought.
LynneB

New Haven, CT

#18 Jan 16, 2013
Look, it's been obvious that we've been going to hell in a handbasket for a long time now. Things always get worse before they get better, and right now, we have, in the highest office of the country, a person hell-bent on creating a new third world and bringing this once great country to its knees. If none of you have read Kitty Werthmann's story, I suggest you google her and read it. It will make you think about the parallel between what happened in Austria just before WWII and what's happening in the United States right now. The sad thing is, there is no "super-power" out there to rescue the USA. We *were* the "super-power" that was going to eradicate communism and socialism. Only now, it's our own government that has set out to impose socialism on us. This is truly the breaking down of our society. Has anyone been watching Oliver Stone's "Untold History of the USA" on Showtime? That shit'll curl your hair. Especially the most recent installment. I highly recommend it.
BPT

Bristol, CT

#19 Jan 16, 2013
LynneB wrote:
Look, it's been obvious that we've been going to hell in a handbasket for a long time now. Things always get worse before they get better, and right now, we have, in the highest office of the country, a person hell-bent on creating a new third world and bringing this once great country to its knees. If none of you have read Kitty Werthmann's story, I suggest you google her and read it. It will make you think about the parallel between what happened in Austria just before WWII and what's happening in the United States right now. The sad thing is, there is no "super-power" out there to rescue the USA. We *were* the "super-power" that was going to eradicate communism and socialism. Only now, it's our own government that has set out to impose socialism on us. This is truly the breaking down of our society. Has anyone been watching Oliver Stone's "Untold History of the USA" on Showtime? That shit'll curl your hair. Especially the most recent installment. I highly recommend it.
yes, funny you bring up the oliver stone series. i was just about to mention it, great stuff. the usa has been "the man behind the curtain" for decades and some of it was not to flaterring. shows what a bunch of hypocrites we've elected for decades.
CTM

Sandy Hook, CT

#20 Jan 16, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
Blumenthal 'stole' 1/4 billion.
The cops 'destroyed' the hard drive.
Adam Lanza had the goods on the crooks in Newtown.
The authorities are whipping up the Newtown story to divert attention away from the 'real crimes'.
These are the rantings of someone who has a tenuous hold on reality.
Welcome to CTM's paranoid, delusional world. Smoke some angel dusk if you can't get there through rational thought.
.....Wow, look at you, making up more cute 10 year old lies. How's the job? School for that diploma? The renovation? Glad to see you keep making up my "rantings" and discrediting the truth.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#21 Jan 16, 2013
LynneB wrote:
Look, it's been obvious that we've been going to hell in a handbasket for a long time now. Things always get worse before they get better, and right now, we have, in the highest office of the country, a person hell-bent on creating a new third world and bringing this once great country to its knees. If none of you have read Kitty Werthmann's story, I suggest you google her and read it. It will make you think about the parallel between what happened in Austria just before WWII and what's happening in the United States right now. The sad thing is, there is no "super-power" out there to rescue the USA. We *were* the "super-power" that was going to eradicate communism and socialism. Only now, it's our own government that has set out to impose socialism on us. This is truly the breaking down of our society. Has anyone been watching Oliver Stone's "Untold History of the USA" on Showtime? That shit'll curl your hair. Especially the most recent installment. I highly recommend it.
You have made me very curious about this series. I will have to check it out. I normally despise Hollywood, and I thought Oliver Stone had falsified some history in the past... was it the 'who shot JFK thing? I can't remember. But I will definitely check this out.

I completely agree we've started the descent... I think a smaller and smaller largely white minority will get angrier and angrier, but we will be out-bred and out-voted. There are actions to take to preserve the good life, but what a shame for this once-great country.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 8 min QUITTNER Mar 26 2015 889
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 1 hr Cujo 460
News Vaccine skeptics find unexpected allies in cons... 6 hr WeTheSheeple 251
News Rome community rally against proposed education... 7 hr tara-lynworks180days 21
News CPS had closed case of slain boy CRIME (Aug '07) 17 hr Angie Robles 77
News Fulton teacher pleads guilty to harassment (Sep '09) 18 hr Allen Beck 16
News Teachers, Students Call For Governor Cuomo To F... 20 hr Just sayin 259
More from around the web