Mom sentenced; she let man with HIV molest kids

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

A Gary woman who allowed her HIV-positive boyfriend to molest her two children over a two-year period was sentenced to 10 years in prison.
Comments
1 - 17 of 17 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2013
AJokeRight

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

She gets 10 he is facing 8. WTF is wrong with our friggin justice system? This has to be a sick joke right?
NO_way

Collinsville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

OMG...why not a life sentence or death sentence for both? That is disgusting to think they will get a 2nd chance at life when they did the same as use a leathal weapon (HIV)on these children. Those kids will still be suffering in 8 to 10 years, if not dying from AIDS! UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Rosemarie Oakes

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

All I can say is she should get the death penalty.
sac3002

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

I totally agree this BB should get the DEATH PENALTY!
Oscar Victor

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

Children are supposed to be kept away from HIV patience.
Rush Sucks

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

OMG. This is truly sick.
Indianapolis

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2007

After reading this story, I can honestly say that I'm in the middle of a STROKE! What in the world is wrong with the justice system? They are getting just a smack on the hand, for committing such sickening crimes? I feel like everyone involved in this case, since taken so lightly, must be child molesters themselves! Unbelievable! Death by torture would be the only fitting punishment for these two, and I'd be happy to be the first to start it! Anyone else agree??????
LAKEFREAK

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2007

2 BULLETS WOULD SUM THIS WHOLE THING UP !
my thought

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2007

If you knowingly have sex with someone and do not disclose you are HIV positive, can't you be prosecuted for attempted murder? Both of them shoud get life, not a slap on the wrist.
Samantha Miller

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2007

I am Totally outraged with what they are being charged with.Attempted murder is what they should be charged with.10 and * year is NOT good enough!
Sondra

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2007

I can't believe this! Everyone involved is sick or just does not care.
Strafford, Missouri
Outraged

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2007

WHY only 10 years??? She will be out in 5, just in time to get knocked-up with another candidate for molesting. Remove her ovaries and give her 20 years!
sad

Hartford City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2007

and remember that in some classroom these children are with a teacher, a teacher that is being pressured to get them to pass the ISTEP test, or the teacher will be a failure.
How sad. School is so different from the way you remember it.
Miss Angry

Springfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

This is unbelievable. I only hope they get what's coming to them in prison.
Alice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2007

This is insane! Where are the kids now?
cathy

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2007

Indianapolis wrote:
After reading this story, I can honestly say that I'm in the middle of a STROKE! What in the world is wrong with the justice system? They are getting just a smack on the hand, for committing such sickening crimes? I feel like everyone involved in this case, since taken so lightly, must be child molesters themselves! Unbelievable! Death by torture would be the only fitting punishment for these two, and I'd be happy to be the first to start it! Anyone else agree??????
I agree, we're too busy passing dumb laws about smoking to care real travesties. Neither one of these criminals should ever see the light of day again!
concerned resident

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2013

THis Guy Lives Directly Across Street From My Family And I

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••