Friends of the Rouge fighting for fut...

Friends of the Rouge fighting for future existence

There are 3 comments on the Observer & Eccentric story from Apr 30, 2014, titled Friends of the Rouge fighting for future existence. In it, Observer & Eccentric reports that:

For more than 25 years, the nonprofit Friends of the Rouge has been the main catalyst in changing perceptions about the Rouge River, which was once one of the most polluted waterways in the United States due to the area's heavy industry and poor storm water planning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer & Eccentric.

Steve

Columbia, SC

#1 May 4, 2014
You could see tires, a book case or anything else in there. One day I saw a kayak floating downstream with no paddler. I don't know who takes the trouble to throw this jetsam in the river. That is bad enough. The neglect of natural debris has not been cleaned up in a decade. Fallen trees make natural dams all the way down. Maybe the county decided that au naturel was the preferred ecological avenue.
kev

Toledo, OH

#2 May 9, 2014
The most toxic river was Cuyahoga in Cleveland 1969. It actually caught on fire. Took few days to extinguish!!
Steve

Columbia, SC

#3 May 9, 2014
On this day in 1969 BPAA All-Star Bowling Tournament was won by Billy Hardwick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fireman Sam's shocking scene 4 hr naman 4
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 7 hr kuda 199
News Body in creek ID'd as familiar transient (Jun '09) 9 hr pine lane perv 40
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 13 hr Wife Dealers 44
News Employee of Alabama nursing home attempted to s... 14 hr Taffy 1
News Nightclub shooting latest for city seeing rise ... 16 hr bozo 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 22 hr GUILTY 31,933
More from around the web