Cardinal Point Winery Hosts Fundraiser for Haiti Relief

There are 13 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jul 3, 2013, titled Cardinal Point Winery Hosts Fundraiser for Haiti Relief. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

"In the past we bought generators and provided medical assistance and check-ups to kids," organizer and band member Will Croxton said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Robbie

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Jul 6, 2013
More of this type of help should be done on a regular basis. Great story...to bad no video.....bet the music was awesome.
JCS

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 7, 2013
Aid to Haiti? We have people in the Appalachians that could use any monies from such a fund raiser! We continue to help other countries and turn our backs on Americans!
mary

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 7, 2013
JCS wrote:
Aid to Haiti? We have people in the Appalachians that could use any monies from such a fund raiser! We continue to help other countries and turn our backs on Americans!
No one could have put it any better then the person who wrote this comment,,,,
Good for you,,
Lone Justice

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Jul 7, 2013
Don't forget our earthquake here in central Virginia. Didn't see any relief funds from Haiti!!!
mary

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jul 7, 2013
Lone Justice wrote:
Don't forget our earthquake here in central Virginia. Didn't see any relief funds from Haiti!!!
You are so right,,I can not remember the last time we had something here and Haiti sent help to us,or any other country for that matter,,,,
I think we should have a new motto in this country,,'REMEMBER OUR OWN"
mary

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 7, 2013
Please excuse me when I responded to Lone Justice I wrote "any other country for that matter" and what I meant by that is what other countries sent help to us,,,,if any it was not a lot,,,,
Just did not want any misunderstanding with what I mean.
thanks

Ashburn, VA

#7 Jul 7, 2013
The organization can be found at mipros.org . The band is called The Habit.
create-another

New York, NY

#10 Jul 7, 2013
Yes, of course we should aid 'our own'--too!
(It ain't the government that put this benefit together, just some folks who recognized one need--among many. Many more...)
huck

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 8, 2013
JCS wrote:
gop voting against sandy relief comes to mind
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#12 Jul 8, 2013
mary wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right,,I can not remember the last time we had something here and Haiti sent help to us,or any other country for that matter,,,,
I think we should have a new motto in this country,,'REMEMBER OUR OWN"
You are so right! Now that you mention it, I don't see homeless people helping millionares that are having a bad day on wall street either. Those lazy bums, they could offer them a cardboard box, a wheeless shopping cart, or one of their jackets they've pulled out of a salvation army dumpster. The nerve of them, I mean, there are wealthy people helping homeless people all the time. How come the homeless aren't helping the millionares?
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#13 Jul 8, 2013
JCS wrote:
So the welfare, food stamps, social education, sponsored cell phones, tax payer provided medical, tax payer provided housing assistance, tax payer provided roads, infrastructure , and the other many private food bank, and religious charities aren't enough? You want all the private charity fund raisers monies to go to them, too?
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#14 Jul 8, 2013
Lone Justice wrote:
What, you don't remember Cantor being against earthquake aid until he was for earthquake aid? You don't remember McDonnel being against government aid before he requested earthquake aid?

http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements...

http://www.governor.virginia.gov/news/viewRel...
The Dude

Bumpass, VA

#15 Jul 8, 2013
mary wrote:
Please excuse me when I responded to Lone Justice I wrote "any other country for that matter" and what I meant by that is what other countries sent help to us,,,,if any it was not a lot,,,,
Just did not want any misunderstanding with what I mean.
You know, when Microsoft went down 0.01% I heard the Bill Gates lost a $100,000,000; but I didn't see anyone offer him any money either. I don't see anyone offering him any help. He should shut down all his charities, too.
It always amazes me how others can condemn private charities for what they do with their own money, what amazes me even more is when people make stupid comparisons like the GDP of the US to Haiti. The US is still #1, but losing ground to China in wealth. Haiti is 138th out of 192

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study: Gay, bisexual kids bullied more, even at... 5 min david traversa 4
News This is our Islam: Ararat Muslims on life in a ... 2 hr pineo 2
News Inside look at the broke, jealous Jackson family (Oct '13) 2 hr Artemis Raging 16
News He Went From Teenage Michael Jackson Impersonat... 3 hr Lake Hallie 1
News Hostage Uses App to Order Pizza, 911 Help 4 hr Aspirin Between M... 2
News The Coming Summer Border Surge of Illegal Immig... 7 hr INFIDEL 4
News Ontario teachers' strike: What you need to know... 9 hr so much at once 1
More from around the web