Cherish Perrywinkle: A senseless death and wake-up call for our community

Jun 24, 2013 Full story: Examiner.com 14

Cherish Perrywinkle was an 8-year-old girl that liked to draw and play teacher, according to her mother, Rayne Perrywinkle.

Full Story
Concerned father

Macclenny, FL

#1 Jun 25, 2013
Why arnt the judge and mother faceing charges the experts stated they feared for the childs safety yet the judge ingored them I know for a fact the same judge is placeing three boys in the home of a repeat child molester wed ingoreing the experts once again how many times must a child pay the price before people hold the judge up for here role in this
Janice

Manchester, TN

#2 Jun 26, 2013
@concerned father: are you crazy?? A woman allows someone to buy clothes for her children and he steals her child from the Walmart when she's not looking! And all you can come up with is persecuting the mother?! What a country of Witch Hunters we've become! This woman lived right across from a church! Where was the Church when she was struggling!? More to the question what would you have done if you overheard her tell her daughter that she couldn't afford a dress? Isn't it interesting that the only person that offered to help this woman was a pervert!? I guarantee that someone like you would have rolled your eyes and kept walking! YOU are pathetic!
concerned mother

Lake City, FL

#3 Jun 26, 2013
Oh. you read the changed story. The first story was that she let her kid go off with this man. Told her she could walk to the front of the store with him to buy burgers.
She got into a van with her 3 kids with a stranger. It is a wonder he didn't kill all of them.
If she needed money for a dress and someone overheard her and wanted to help. Then hand her the money, OR walk with her up to the cash register and let the person pay. Walk out with all your kids by your side.
She LET this man take her daughter. If nothing else she needs her other kids taken away from her and her get into some very intense therapy and learn how to parent a child.
She was negligent in the care of her child. She has to be accountable for that.
So no, concerned person isn't pathetic.
Brenda stout haggard

Slidell, LA

#4 Jun 26, 2013
Isn't a shame that cherish's father has been figting for custody of her since 2009 If someone had listened to him and she was with him we wouldn't be having this conversation in the first place. But all You People out there WATCH YOUR KIDS ��&# 9829;PLEASE!!!!! God Bless you Cherish baby girl You're with God he will keep you safe. And Billy you are my Nephew Keven. Kline's god father my heart goes out to you Stay strong God source get you through.
oijva

United States

#5 Jun 27, 2013
Duval Sheriff calls for investigation into his staff for failing to act in time to possibly save Cherish's life!

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2013-06-25...
Sami

Howell, MI

#6 Jul 8, 2013
I feel so sorry for this poor child and the remaining children in this so called mother's care. Most mothers teach their children not to go with atrangers & she put her children in a strangers vehicle with a RSO none the less. Watched the creep (h words) go into a dressing rm. with her 8 yr. old daughter & let her go off with him for the promise of a friggen $100 gift card and she is dead. This so called mother is not a victime & I don't feel one ounce of sympathy for her. Her remaning children should be no where around her. You don't have to be rich to be a loving, protective mother. This makes me sick.
TRUE concerned mother

Tampa, FL

#7 Jul 10, 2013
All of you on here pointing fingers, accusing etc, should be ashamed. Where is your compassion. We do NOT know what happened that night. I am starting to think we are in Salem, ma back in 1692. Only thing missing is the rotten food to throw. And concerned father? You are actually a nosy grandmother. Your posts are all over the news articles.
concerned mother

Lake City, FL

#8 Jul 10, 2013
compassion. where is the compassion for the kids left in this mothers care.
lol i have only commented on a few. and my thoughts dont change along with a lot of others?
how can you say that this mother did right in this?
how can you think that her actions weren't a cause in her child being killed.
She has lied. I guess this world is so upside down that the guilty is innocent and the innocent should rot in jail. I guess we should let this man go because he is guilty.
a nosy grandmother huh. lol sounds like you were being very nosy to notice any posts on here.
but they give a forum to voice our concerns and thoughts.
TRUE concerned mother. should we wonder if your kids are being watched.
Sami

Howell, MI

#9 Jul 10, 2013
What was missing was a child who was found dead, because her mother let her go off with a stranger. First she put her children in a strangers van for the promise of a dress, then she let her daughter go alone with the stranger for the promise of a friggen cheeseburger. Her remaining children were just takin away from her & I would say with good cause. Someone has to protect them from their mothers neglect and deadly decisions. I have much compassion, but my compassion is for Cherish and her siblings.
concerned mother

Lake City, FL

#10 Jul 10, 2013
At least they have now taken the other 2 kids. That is the least they can do. More should be done.
But at least the other 2 are safe now.
Sami

Howell, MI

#11 Jul 11, 2013
Yep, she's damn lucky she didn't get her other two children murdered when she put them in the van with that stranger/rso/child murderer.
Sami

Howell, MI

#12 Jul 11, 2013
IMO, this lady should be locked up. If she could put her own kids life @ danger like that then she is clearly a danger to society.
a mother

Lady Lake, FL

#13 Jul 14, 2013
Judge Linda McCALLUM and the mother should be in jail
voice of reason

United States

#14 Jul 14, 2013
There are valid reasons Rayne Perrywinkle is being looked at with suspicion in regards to her actions the night Cherish was taken and murdered by Donald Smith.
There are valid concerns about her parenting skills and level of care and supervision she affords her children.
So while can have compassion for her loss of her daughter, I can also say without an ounce of guilt that I am glad her other childrens' safety is being looked after by someone OTHER than her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher, Husband Charged With Allowing Teens To... 5 hr regurgitating 2
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 6 hr Rotten to the Core 31,555
Where is Santa right now? 2012 NORAD Santa trac... (Dec '12) 7 hr umm 11
New local program will help mothers (Aug '08) 20 hr bump 2
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 23 hr QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 210
Chasing Shadows: Carrabelle crabs and a hydroplane Wed csuzi10 1
Santa spotted in Williamson handing out presents Wed RedNoseLeader 3
More from around the web