CPS shakeup: 54 schools closing, 30,000 kids affected, ...

Full story: Chicago Sun-Times

Chicago Public Schools on Thursday announced the largest school shakeup in the nation: closing 54 schools and 61 buildings, jostling 30,000 kids and giving pink slips to more than 1,000 teachers.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2013

“Your guide to...”

Since: Feb 12

the Abyss

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

So, how is this going to affect those 460,000 illegals in the greater Chicago area?

Is there still funding for that Illinois Dream Act?

Can Chicago pay for their policemen's ammo?
bensleys view

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

if they closed the schools based on education based test results all the public schools in da city would all be closed and the union teachers out collecting trash off da streets or cleaning police car windows while the police are in the coffee shops planning new excessive greedy contract demands or we will find something they are better qualified to do, cause they certainly aren't great out come based teachers ..........

hey they could issue parking tickets, or police brass after drive by shootings. teach the too many Chicago city beggars & panhandlers to speak better more eloquently use better prose....

where art thou going with all dat spare change in thou pocket/purse??

could I lighten your burden or load by removing your spare change from thy purse?? your travels would seem lighter...

can thoust spare a few hundred dollars??

Put some class into panhandling begging once again.

teach them to beg in latin or greek......

Because most of them speak ebonics or one of its many dialects now which is why no one understands them.

speaking a classic language might improve collections takes.

but then teachers will demand a pay increase cause they are teaching Latin/greek as a second language.
LiberTEA

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

bensleys view wrote:
if they closed the schools based on education based test results all the public schools in da city would all be closed and the union teachers out collecting trash off da streets or cleaning police car windows while the police are in the coffee shops planning new excessive greedy contract demands or we will find something they are better qualified to do, cause they certainly aren't great out come based teachers ..........
hey they could issue parking tickets, or police brass after drive by shootings. teach the too many Chicago city beggars & panhandlers to speak better more eloquently use better prose....
where art thou going with all dat spare change in thou pocket/purse??
could I lighten your burden or load by removing your spare change from thy purse?? your travels would seem lighter...
can thoust spare a few hundred dollars??

Put some class into panhandling begging once again.
teach them to beg in latin or greek......
Because most of them speak ebonics or one of its many dialects now which is why no one understands them.
speaking a classic language might improve collections takes.
but then teachers will demand a pay increase cause they are teaching Latin/greek as a second language.
I'm no fan of unions and think that tax funded "free" public schools should be abolished, but I will stand with the teachers on this. Teachers can't be blamed for failing to teach the unteachable.
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

LiberTEA wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no fan of unions and think that tax funded "free" public schools should be abolished, but I will stand with the teachers on this. Teachers can't be blamed for failing to teach the unteachable.
well that's an enlightened liberal response.

so if you liberal union teachers, welfare moms expect nothing from intercity kids YOU GET NOTNING. which is exactly what the black community expects, votes for and gets. NOTHING.

It's about time the welfare moms, teachers, school administrators expecting , demanding success ability to read do math on grade, expect home work be done on time.

no more excuses lame stories.

Hold the bar up high and the children will achieve, lower the bar and they will fail as you expect them to do.

just because your a dumbed down welfare single mom of too many kids with no fathers in the home that is no reason to condemn your kids to the same dull no expectation welfare life in a slum you live.

wake up change things for your children's future get out of welfare and into real life........

ain't no dive bys or silly ass gay negro drug dealers living with mom where I live. we don't bury our children because of negro gang violence we raise them to be successful achievers, doers in life and so do the many communities around Chicago and America.
wow

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Good fire them all most them suck, and can never make it in the real word

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••