Mountain Mission School offers hope in the mountains

May 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Http

GRUNDY, Va. - Claudius says he's among "the chosen few." You wouldn't think that from the circumstances he was raised in: At age 13, he was about to be sent to foster care or to live with a relative who'd harmed him.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Since: Jun 11

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Former Student wrote:
I would like to clarify a few things that was said by Mrs Marrs. First, I know your husband and went to school with him. I liked him and his family very much. I'm sorry that he has such bad memories but for myself the good out ways the bad. Second, my brother and I were orphans and received social security checks. A portion (very small)of that was taken for our care and we were given an allowance every month and the rest was put into a savings account by Mrs.Sublett. If we wanted extra money for choir trips, clothes,etc. We only had to ask. After graduation we were given the savings account books to get our money.
Third, Johnny Dotson was a troubled young man. I knew him personally and he was only being led by a horrible man who had it in for MMS. I was personally approched by JD and this man and offered money to tell lies. Fourth, at the time of the whippings that you described, parents everywhere were whipping their children. I received more whipping at the hands of foster parents than at MMS. You need to remember that every child is precious and in need of a loving environment. No its not the same as being in a loving home with a mother and father but most times that was not possible. Society has changed since MMS was conceived. Now the state steps in and puts the area children in foster care. I personally know of several people who only takes these kids for the money. Are they any better? "Judge not lest you be judged" I thank God every day that I was chosen by him to attend this wonderful school. I was taught values that have remained with me and make me a better person for having been a part of the MMS family. I am PROUD to be an alumni of this fine school and would want my kids or grandkids to be there if for some reason we were unable to care for them.
If you know me..and went to MMS with me.Prove what I am saying is wrong.Prove I never was whipped or mistreated or my brothers and sister wasn't mistreated.
another student

Whitewood, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

regina steele marrs wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Johnny Marrs and if you know me...you know I do noy agree with MMS values.No matter how you misconstrue them and being brainwashed.I testified about MMS and would do so again and let the whole world know what happen.Why did they quit taking American orphans and Social Services kids?
I challenge any person on here to show me a POOR American kid going to MMS...maybe my brother's kids...who teaches there.They do no teach special needs kids or take them..I asked a few years back.
I spent almost 3yrs in a reform school and was never wjipped or chained to a bed or put into solitary confinement.So you're telling me it was alright for MMMS to whip me with belts/switches/hot wheel race tracks and shave my head.It was alright to make a person go to a church they didn't go to and being indoctrinated into that doctrine...there is freedom of religion.MMS and the Welfare had a good plan..take kids from their parents and put them in MMS for years and no getting out.We tried to get my brothers/sister out and was no use.Even now Social Services won't put kids into foster homes..unless a last resort.
Ask MMS...why they did they take one of my brothers and adopt him out as a baby.When the parents were still alive and didn't agree.
Anyne who gets on here and agrees with MMS's policies now and then...something is wrong with them.You must believe in punishment for any infractions of the rules and no excuses.It is alright to whip a kid for running away to go home...or made to stand up for being late for eating.In almost 3yrs of reform school...when whipping was allowed.I was never whipped for any infractions...I got 6 moths for running away each time and other punishment,but no belts/swtiches/race car tracks.
As for the money...I NEVER SAW ONE DIME IN THE TIME I WAS THERE IN MMS.In the reform school....they kept meticulous records and showed me where it was spent by me for myself.I was DIRT POOR in the sixties and MMS was not no help and never taught me anything.
You can post the good things about MMS...just think real hard and you'll remember things that happened to you ..if you were there before the 80's or things that happened to others,
Johnny, I don't agree with MMS policies and am not brainwashed. I am one of those with bad memories of MMS. Maybe you misread my message.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

another student wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnny, I don't agree with MMS policies and am not brainwashed. I am one of those with bad memories of MMS. Maybe you misread my message.
I apologize then...you know how kids were treated at MMS.It brings back bad memories for me ...not good ones.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Judged:

love wrote:
the school is a great school. ive been there most of my life and it teaches nothing but love and christian morals and most of the kids come from poor families. yes the kids can be trouble at times but that is the point of the school, to help those kids out. look at the stats, we graduate 100 percent and they go out to college in the last 8 years or so and the kids learn godly values and apply it to their lives and they always come out better than before, that school which is a childrens home and not an orphanage at all is the best place on earth and the people who have something negative to say about it should really dig in more and not just judge after no really experience. I am so thankful for the school because it helped me and so much others in ways that you can not imagine. no matter what that school will always be home to me and it is a great and loving place and God is there always.
Talk to some people who have been there and done that in the 60's,70's...and then come back and tell us.My brother is a teacher there and I would tell him the same thing.My name is Johnny Marrs and will face anyone about my time spent there and how I was treated.No poor kids from Buchanan county goes there..education for them isn't free...and Africam children is all left...except some rich people's kids.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

excuse me wrote:
I go there everyday this place isnt full of rich kids and blacks kids. There are white people there and poor people there. And those kids appreciate all of it. They wish people in Grundy came to visit them instead of talking about them. They stay there all summer most of them because that is there home it's all they have. They are people just like you treat them like it. Instead of passing by commenting on their race throwing down trash cause you like to see them pick it up . Go meet them. These are good kids who doesn't deserve this forum started and even if there are rich kids there they aren't snobs like the kids in Grundy high school who have a little money an think they are everything in this world. These people are amazing beautiful loving people and they are much better than almost any person in Grundy high school and seeing the things you have said makes me sick to know I live in the same community as you and I'm only 17
My brother teaches there and I don't go see him either...lets get the facts straight.The kids that are there ..are Africans...not blacks...a difference.Just ask the African/Black kids...what race they are and they'll say African.I am not racist and I know the first Black kid that ever came to MMS.

Have you ever been whipped with Hot Wheels race car track..or a switch so hard...you couldn't sit down to eat.Have you ever been tied to a bed with chains.I testified in court about this...all public record.Have you ever had your head shaved.

I do not like MMS...or the values they teach.Religion is a good subject...but they only teach one doctrine there.

A question,,how much money does your parents pay MMS to go there to school.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Judged:

Former Student wrote:
I would like to clarify a few things that was said by Mrs Marrs. First, I know your husband and went to school with him. I liked him and his family very much. I'm sorry that he has such bad memories but for myself the good out ways the bad. Second, my brother and I were orphans and received social security checks. A portion (very small)of that was taken for our care and we were given an allowance every month and the rest was put into a savings account by Mrs.Sublett. If we wanted extra money for choir trips, clothes,etc. We only had to ask. After graduation we were given the savings account books to get our money.
Third, Johnny Dotson was a troubled young man. I knew him personally and he was only being led by a horrible man who had it in for MMS. I was personally approched by JD and this man and offered money to tell lies. Fourth, at the time of the whippings that you described, parents everywhere were whipping their children. I received more whipping at the hands of foster parents than at MMS. You need to remember that every child is precious and in need of a loving environment. No its not the same as being in a loving home with a mother and father but most times that was not possible. Society has changed since MMS was conceived. Now the state steps in and puts the area children in foster care. I personally know of several people who only takes these kids for the money. Are they any better? "Judge not lest you be judged" I thank God every day that I was chosen by him to attend this wonderful school. I was taught values that have remained with me and make me a better person for having been a part of the MMS family. I am PROUD to be an alumni of this fine school and would want my kids or grandkids to be there if for some reason we were unable to care for them.
This is Johnny Marrs and if you know me...you know I do noy agree with MMS values.No matter how you misconstrue them and being brainwashed.I testified about MMS and would do so again and let the whole world know what happen.Why did they quit taking American orphans and Social Services kids?
I challenge any person on here to show me a POOR American kid going to MMS...maybe my brother's kids...who teaches there.They do no teach special needs kids or take them..I asked a few years back.
I spent almost 3yrs in a reform school and was never wjipped or chained to a bed or put into solitary confinement.So you're telling me it was alright for MMMS to whip me with belts/switches/hot wheel race tracks and shave my head.It was alright to make a person go to a church they didn't go to and being indoctrinated into that doctrine...there is freedom of religion.MMS and the Welfare had a good plan..take kids from their parents and put them in MMS for years and no getting out.We tried to get my brothers/sister out and was no use.Even now Social Services won't put kids into foster homes..unless a last resort.
Ask MMS...why they did they take one of my brothers and adopt him out as a baby.When the parents were still alive and didn't agree.

Anyne who gets on here and agrees with MMS's policies now and then...something is wrong with them.You must believe in punishment for any infractions of the rules and no excuses.It is alright to whip a kid for running away to go home...or made to stand up for being late for eating.In almost 3yrs of reform school...when whipping was allowed.I was never whipped for any infractions...I got 6 moths for running away each time and other punishment,but no belts/swtiches/race car tracks.

As for the money...I NEVER SAW ONE DIME IN THE TIME I WAS THERE IN MMS.In the reform school....they kept meticulous records and showed me where it was spent by me for myself.I was DIRT POOR in the sixties and MMS was not no help and never taught me anything.

You can post the good things about MMS...just think real hard and you'll remember things that happened to you ..if you were there before the 80's or things that happened to others,
Former Student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Johnny, I was there in the 70's and the incidents with the shaving of the heads was to discourage the kids from running away. The hot wheels track was only used by Mrs Grannert who was an old woman and couldn't chase you guys around. My brother has told me of these things and yes he had his head shaved too. He denys anyone ever using chains to tie anyone in bed. I'm not brainwashed by anyone. Believe me I didn't like the place when I was there either but upon becoming an adult and having children of my own I have realized that the teachers there had more patience than I gave them credit for. No they were not perfect just as you and I are not perfect. As for the religious doctrines that you keep talking about, several of my friends were catholic and they will tell you that they were not discouraged from practicing their religion. As the school is sponsored by church of christ, its only logical that this be the domination that is preached wouldn't you agree? It is our job as parents to lead our children not have them lead us.
Johnny you need to let go of the past and live in the present. I do know you and your family and I hope that you will let this go and as you are suppose to be a preacher now maybe you should ask the lord to help you forgive whatever trangressions you feel were done to you. Remember the lords prayer? We said it every morning. Love your family and the lord and move forward. God bless you.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Former Student wrote:
Johnny, I was there in the 70's and the incidents with the shaving of the heads was to discourage the kids from running away. The hot wheels track was only used by Mrs Grannert who was an old woman and couldn't chase you guys around. My brother has told me of these things and yes he had his head shaved too. He denys anyone ever using chains to tie anyone in bed. I'm not brainwashed by anyone. Believe me I didn't like the place when I was there either but upon becoming an adult and having children of my own I have realized that the teachers there had more patience than I gave them credit for. No they were not perfect just as you and I are not perfect. As for the religious doctrines that you keep talking about, several of my friends were catholic and they will tell you that they were not discouraged from practicing their religion. As the school is sponsored by church of christ, its only logical that this be the domination that is preached wouldn't you agree? It is our job as parents to lead our children not have them lead us.
Johnny you need to let go of the past and live in the present. I do know you and your family and I hope that you will let this go and as you are suppose to be a preacher now maybe you should ask the lord to help you forgive whatever trangressions you feel were done to you. Remember the lords prayer? We said it every morning. Love your family and the lord and move forward. God bless you.
See I have come to terms with my past..and learn to live with it.What gets me..people forget what child abuse was.If Ron Heller was alive ...you could ask him about being tied to a bed.If not..ask my brother with the big beard and long hair.

What gets me..no one will admit to abusing children then or now.They act all nice ..like nothing bad ever happened there...and cover it up.They call Johnny Dotson crazy...but he had the guts to tell the truth and I testified of my own free will in that trial.

I am a preacher and all I have said was the truth..but I will not endorse something like MMS with skeltons in their closets.Not because of religious doctrine...just my personal reasons.I ran away over 80times from MMS and knew I didn't belong there.

Imagine having a brother taken from you and putting into a foster home and not seeing him since he was a baby.I can not forget the past or change it....but will with my dying breath..tell the truth about MMS ..when I was there and what I endured.No child should have endured it.

One person said...''If we forget the past...we will repeat it.''

So no more whippings...no more head shavings..no more taking kids from their parents without just cause.No more kids spending their lives in a place and enduring unjust punishments and not being with their parents.

If I had it all to live over...I would still ran away from MMS and spent almost 3yrs in a reform school to gain my freedom from MMS.
another student

Whitewood, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

Judged:

Former Student wrote:
Just because Johnny mentioned the treatment he received there you label him as "living in the past" and that is unfair. Just because I mentioned how badly I was treated there, doesn't mean I'm living in the past either. Living in the present doesn't mean we have to forget our past, sweep it under the rug or keep it bottled up inside like some closely guarded secret, whether you believe it or not. After all this thread IS about Mountain Mission.
another student

Whitewood, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

<quoted text>
See I have come to terms with my past..and learn to live with it.What gets me..people forget what child abuse was.If Ron Heller was alive ...you could ask him about being tied to a bed.If not..ask my brother with the big beard and long hair.
What gets me..no one will admit to abusing children then or now.They act all nice ..like nothing bad ever happened there...and cover it up.They call Johnny Dotson crazy...but he had the guts to tell the truth and I testified of my own free will in that trial.
I am a preacher and all I have said was the truth..but I will not endorse something like MMS with skeltons in their closets.Not because of religious doctrine...just my personal reasons.I ran away over 80times from MMS and knew I didn't belong there.
Imagine having a brother taken from you and putting into a foster home and not seeing him since he was a baby.I can not forget the past or change it....but will with my dying breath..tell the truth about MMS ..when I was there and what I endured.No child should have endured it.
One person said...''If we forget the past...we will repeat it.''
So no more whippings...no more head shavings..no more taking kids from their parents without just cause.No more kids spending their lives in a place and enduring unjust punishments and not being with their parents.
If I had it all to live over...I would still ran away from MMS and spent almost 3yrs in a reform school to gain my freedom from MMS.
Just want you to know, I believe you. Not because you typed it on here, but because 20 years ago A reliable source told me about you being chained and the story hasn't changed in 20 years. What really matters, in the long run, is that God knows the truth about what some kids there went through. Whether people believe it happened or not.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

another student wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because Johnny mentioned the treatment he received there you label him as "living in the past" and that is unfair. Just because I mentioned how badly I was treated there, doesn't mean I'm living in the past either. Living in the present doesn't mean we have to forget our past, sweep it under the rug or keep it bottled up inside like some closely guarded secret, whether you believe it or not. After all this thread IS about Mountain Mission.
Maybe MMS is hoping all the older teachers and former students die and no one is around to tell the truth.
I just don't like MMS's mission in life.They have destroyed familes and kids lives and called it helping them.Sure they have changed their ways and no American orphan is there.No American kid taken by the Social Services is there.

I am not living in the past and haven't since I left Pine Crest Center for Boys in 1972.What happened to me in MMS was child abuse...pure and simple.People can call it whatever they like,and turn a blind eye and never see the forest for the trees.No 7/8/9 yr old child should be treated as some were in MMS.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2011

another student wrote:
<quoted text> Just want you to know, I believe you. Not because you typed it on here, but because 20 years ago A reliable source told me about you being chained and the story hasn't changed in 20 years. What really matters, in the long run, is that God knows the truth about what some kids there went through. Whether people believe it happened or not.
Thank you for telling this.I was chained to a bed..I will not mention no names on here...but it happened to me.

All I ask is..if you were there when I was there.Think of some things that happened to some there and then write it here.Let the world judge what happened.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2011

Bill Rodda said he wants people in the Tri-Cities region to know that the school is an option for parents who need a safe place for their kids to learn.

“If we can help, give us a chance to help you,” he said.“When you get back on your feet, financially, emotionally, whatever it is that’s a problem, come and take your children back.”

Now they post things like this...when my family was there for over 15yrs ...our family couldn't get my brothers/sister out.The worst thing to happen...they allowed a family...that was friends with Charlie Sublett to adopt one of my brothers.
Was this the policy then or now? Somewhere someone has changed the rules.
How about posting the rules then for everyone to read.
Steve

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

I also went to MMS. I observed children being hit with hot wheel tracks. I worked in the main office after school and saw records where money was rec'd for children. I looked up my name and saw where funds were put into an account for me. Yet, I never rec'd a dime. This Penn State ordeal has brought back horrific memories for me and the abuse that MMS allowed Dr. Thomas McDonald. Doc gave free medical and boy scout attentions to the children there. He had a play ground with young boys. I am glad he burned to death in the same house where he abused the boys. I know the Marrs children, and Johnny, what you say is true. I never went back to that hell hole. Abuse was done in the name of the FATHER, SON, and HOLY GHOST.

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2011

Steve wrote:
I also went to MMS. I observed children being hit with hot wheel tracks. I worked in the main office after school and saw records where money was rec'd for children. I looked up my name and saw where funds were put into an account for me. Yet, I never rec'd a dime. This Penn State ordeal has brought back horrific memories for me and the abuse that MMS allowed Dr. Thomas McDonald. Doc gave free medical and boy scout attentions to the children there. He had a play ground with young boys. I am glad he burned to death in the same house where he abused the boys. I know the Marrs children, and Johnny, what you say is true. I never went back to that hell hole. Abuse was done in the name of the FATHER, SON, and HOLY GHOST.
I agree Steve...and to post the good things they've done and cover up the bad things they done.What a joke...I wouldn't send my dog there and I love my dog.Why can't they answer seperating familes,sexual abuse,girls getting pregnant there,phyaical abuse,mental abuses and no psychologists or psychiatrists to talk to.Even worse...the abuse of religion.When I was there ..everyone was required to attend church..their church.Mountain Mission recieved money for every kid...DSS put there.When I testified in Johnny Dotson's trial againist MMS...their accuse I forget.
Steve

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

I remember a man from California took some boy on vacation. After he heard horror stories about what was being done to them, he didn't want to bring them back. He fought to get inside of that school, but the town of Grundy helped MMS hush up the abuse. I can't tell you how sick I have felt to my stomach all of these years, and when the Penn State ordeal happened, it opened up old wounds. I know what you speak about is the truth.....I lived it at that hell hole existing under guise of religion. The reason they got by with the horror is they were not accountable to anyone. The churches didn't know. But, once the state got involved, they had to answer to someone. That is why they have so many nationalities living there now. I can remember drinking sour milk .....to this day, I hate milk. I remember Charlie Sublett knocking kids on the head with his knuckles (he was a former boxer) and it hurt like hell. I remember seeing a girl at a water fountain before lunch...taking a drink as Charlie Sublett smashed her face into the fountain for speaking to her brother!!! I remember the meal times, how kids who were a minute late got shut out of a meal. Now, how does a kid survive from 6 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. without a meal? And, there were no fruits or snacks for the kids to eat. If you had a few cents you might could get a candy bar or coke...but without money you just starved. To this date, I still have an eating disorder. I was late several times and was so hungry. Now, I have fruits always available to my children. I am in my early 60's and I will never, ever forget what happened me and to others at that school. Swiney, Sublett and Platt will get their dues. McDonald already got his. I called several abused children when McDonald perished and they wept with me on the phone. May God bless you and your dear family. You are not alone in this world, and you are not alone in your hurt. Have a nice day.
Steve

Baton Rouge, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

<quoted text>
I agree Steve...and to post the good things they've done and cover up the bad things they done.What a joke...I wouldn't send my dog there and I love my dog.Why can't they answer seperating familes,sexual abuse,girls getting pregnant there,phyaical abuse,mental abuses and no psychologists or psychiatrists to talk to.Even worse...the abuse of religion.When I was there ..everyone was required to attend church..their church.Mountain Mission recieved money for every kid...DSS put there.When I testified in Johnny Dotson's trial againist MMS...their accuse I forget.
Bless you and your family. Steve

“Regina A Steele Marrs”

Big Rock,Va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Steve wrote:
I remember a man from California took some boy on vacation. After he heard horror stories about what was being done to them, he didn't want to bring them back. He fought to get inside of that school, but the town of Grundy helped MMS hush up the abuse. I can't tell you how sick I have felt to my stomach all of these years, and when the Penn State ordeal happened, it opened up old wounds. I know what you speak about is the truth.....I lived it at that hell hole existing under guise of religion. The reason they got by with the horror is they were not accountable to anyone. The churches didn't know. But, once the state got involved, they had to answer to someone. That is why they have so many nationalities living there now. I can remember drinking sour milk .....to this day, I hate milk. I remember Charlie Sublett knocking kids on the head with his knuckles (he was a former boxer) and it hurt like hell. I remember seeing a girl at a water fountain before lunch...taking a drink as Charlie Sublett smashed her face into the fountain for speaking to her brother!!! I remember the meal times, how kids who were a minute late got shut out of a meal. Now, how does a kid survive from 6 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. without a meal? And, there were no fruits or snacks for the kids to eat. If you had a few cents you might could get a candy bar or coke...but without money you just starved. To this date, I still have an eating disorder. I was late several times and was so hungry. Now, I have fruits always available to my children. I am in my early 60's and I will never, ever forget what happened me and to others at that school. Swiney, Sublett and Platt will get their dues. McDonald already got his. I called several abused children when McDonald perished and they wept with me on the phone. May God bless you and your dear family. You are not alone in this world, and you are not alone in your hurt. Have a nice day.
Mountain Mission School is a blight on Buchanan County..and should have been investigated a long time ago.They crucified the Catholic Church over abuse and MMS goes scott free.I remember being late for supper and not being able to even have supper...eating bag lunches on sundays.Sublett..Marvin Swiney...and Platt will answer to Jesus one day.They seperated my family from my brother and was adopted by a family in Horsepen,Va,where Sublett preached alot.They call that collusion now,my mom never signed no papers to have him adopted.I remember the man who had the boy and wouldn't let him go back..the reason they have African kids there now..no one cares about them and won't check abuse.The DSS is shameful in Buchanan County to let this go on...millionaires raising money for the school..where were they when we were there.Where were the police and DSS when we were there and physical/mental/sexual abuse was going on and no one cared.

My name is Johnny Marrs and I wrote this and if anyone don't believe me...prove me wrong.Call Ron Heller or his wife and ask him.
Sarah

Prairieville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

<quoted text>
Mountain Mission School is a blight on Buchanan County..and should have been investigated a long time ago.They crucified the Catholic Church over abuse and MMS goes scott free.I remember being late for supper and not being able to even have supper...eating bag lunches on sundays.Sublett..Marvin Swiney...and Platt will answer to Jesus one day.They seperated my family from my brother and was adopted by a family in Horsepen,Va,where Sublett preached alot.They call that collusion now,my mom never signed no papers to have him adopted.I remember the man who had the boy and wouldn't let him go back..the reason they have African kids there now..no one cares about them and won't check abuse.The DSS is shameful in Buchanan County to let this go on...millionaires raising money for the school..where were they when we were there.Where were the police and DSS when we were there and physical/mental/sexual abuse was going on and no one cared.
My name is Johnny Marrs and I wrote this and if anyone don't believe me...prove me wrong.Call Ron Heller or his wife and ask him.
I agree with you about Ron Heller, but don't agree with you about his wife. I remember the people came at Thanksgiving from Indiana. One of the men gave me a dollar. Mrs. Heller (Jeannette Shrader) pulled me into a small hallway and pinched my arm and told me that I begged for the dollar. I told her no, they gave it to me ...she called me a liar. I was just a little 2nd. grader. I never forgot that. Also, Thelma Rice used the hot wheel tracks on the girls. I saw her beat "Carolyn Catfish" in the shower until her legs bled....there were no curtains on our showers, bath tub areas, or toilets. I never went back there, and never will. I am haunted by what has been done in the name of God. Kids used to get into trouble for kissing...but Cindy Swiney was the worst, and now she is running that place....GOD HELP US!
Wonder

Harrisonburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

When you compare the public reaction to the Penn State abuse allegations to the public outcry (or lack thereof)over the Mountain Mission allegations you have to wonder. Where was the rage? Why was there no fallout for the people in responsible positions? Why was there no fallout for Mountain Mission?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of220
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••