Eliminate post in Ripley

Eliminate post in Ripley

There are 9 comments on the Observer story from May 11, 2013, titled Eliminate post in Ripley. In it, Observer reports that:

According to seethroughny.net, Ripley Central Schools Superintendent Karen Krause earned $123,000 in 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Observer.

one voice

Westfield, NY

#1 May 21, 2013
If the state will allow, it sounds like a good place to start.
view from Westfield

North East, PA

#2 May 26, 2013
baffling - a high school gone and a budget close to current year at RCS...
Ripley

Feeding Hills, MA

#3 May 26, 2013
And we now offer more choices and opportunity's that make it better then Westfield now
Westfield grad

North East, PA

#4 May 28, 2013
it would be opportunities
parent

North East, PA

#5 May 30, 2013
$127,OOO for 200 students? Is that correct?

Westfield, NY

#6 Jun 11, 2013
parent wrote:
$127,OOO for 200 students? Is that correct?
plus benefits. But, it is my impression that the state mandates a superintendent no matter the size of school.
ouch

Westfield, NY

#7 Jun 12, 2013
Ripley wrote:
And we now offer more choices and opportunity's that make it better then Westfield now
That was the goal here?? To try and have a situation where you think you are better off than Westfield????? Well, I guess you blew it then....

Maybe you should have had a different goal. Maybe a goal that took the students into consideration first, not trying to "beat out Westfield"?

Since: May 13

Fredonia, NY

#8 Jun 12, 2013
ouch wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the goal here?? To try and have a situation where you think you are better off than Westfield????? Well, I guess you blew it then....
Maybe you should have had a different goal. Maybe a goal that took the students into consideration first, not trying to "beat out Westfield"?
Another great example of how the sore losers twist everything. Nobody said being better than Westfield was the goal. The poster was responding to a previous poster who called themselves "view from westfield". The primary goal was expanding the student's opportunity, which fully took them into consideration. Of course, you are probably meaning that we should have taken the student's wishes into consideration, as though they should have been allowed to make the decision. Let them make the decision, and many would probably prefer a 3 day week. Taking them into consideration, and allowing them to make the decision are two completely different things. Regardless, just keep twisting everything, it only makes you seem more angry and bitter.
parent

North East, PA

#9 Jun 12, 2013
I believe so too, but services can be shared

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 25 min True Christian wi... 23
News Read one gay dad's scathing letter to anti-LGBT... 7 hr too lazy to log in 17
News Why dads need to talk about sex 9 hr Ashley 1
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World 15 hr friend 14
News Aboriginal kids in care: 4 approaches to improv... 16 hr Melvin Straight A... 12
News Transgender clinic opens 17 hr huey goins 44
News This Labor Day Weekend, Remember How Immigratio... 17 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
More from around the web