Registered sex offender found working at Westminster Walmart

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

He's a registered sex offender. So how did he pass the background check at a Walmart in Westminster? That's the question Walmart officials are trying to answer after a FOX31 News investigation found a 19-year-old who has been convicted of sexual assault on a child was working in a place packed with children.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Politically Incorrect

Golden, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Wow! You know, pretty much if you're a convicted and registered sex offender, your life is basically done. Everywhere you go you must register with the local cops, anyone can access that information, all your neighbors will quickly learn of your past, you'll be ostracized, cast out, no one will hire you or help you. You might as well do yourself, eat a bullet. What else is there?
electronic guy

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

I agree politically...

The kids 19, and probably got convicted of a sex crime because he had a 17 year old girlfriend. I had a good friend caught in the same mess... And before all the crybabies start attacking me, whats the age difference between you and your spouse?
Its a shame that Fox has nothing better to report on other than trying to further ruin someones life.
Same for people with felonies, Colorado spends billions of dollars on reform through the systems, but wheres a felon supposed to find a decent job? They have the same responsibilities as the rest of us, but have to take a job for $7.50 and live in a %&$@hole. Its no wonder they end up in the system again, with no hope for anything better whats the point of trying...
Wha

Aurora, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Walmart hires these people? Where are the background checks? Why is the Wesminster Walmart still even allowing this? You commit a pedo act and when they gt out of prison not only did you have 3 meals and a bed to sleep in, but you had TV a workout room and an added job when you get released at Walmart? It really is the end of days. Welcome to the new Gomorrah.
Schmucks

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

He abused a 4 YR OLD!!!!!!!!!! You guys need help! Watch the whole story before writing your dumb comments!!
department of hard labor

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Did he pay his "debt to society?"
newby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

department of hard labor wrote:
Did he pay his "debt to society?"
define pay his debt to society?
newby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Schmucks wrote:
He abused a 4 YR OLD!!!!!!!!!! You guys need help! Watch the whole story before writing your dumb comments!!
thats just what i was going to say, thank you
newby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Wha wrote:
Walmart hires these people? Where are the background checks? Why is the Wesminster Walmart still even allowing this? You commit a pedo act and when they gt out of prison not only did you have 3 meals and a bed to sleep in, but you had TV a workout room and an added job when you get released at Walmart? It really is the end of days. Welcome to the new Gomorrah.
yes walmart hires these people. heidi said that they did a background check, but clearly, she went to the cbi website and found him on there as having been charged and arrested for sexually molesting a 4 yr little girl. and because he was a juvenile when he offended, it seems he has more rights than the victim does. and walmart is only worried about cheap hiring practices, not protecting their patrons or their children. they were recently sued back in south carolina for the same thing, but he re-offended and abducted a little girl from walmart. he was using it as his playground. and had it not been for this mother that went into the walmart and saw this young man working there, walmart would not have even known any better.
nicegirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

wow what a story walmart should be more careful when checking employee's background..
newby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Politically Incorrect wrote:
Wow! You know, pretty much if you're a convicted and registered sex offender, your life is basically done. Everywhere you go you must register with the local cops, anyone can access that information, all your neighbors will quickly learn of your past, you'll be ostracized, cast out, no one will hire you or help you. You might as well do yourself, eat a bullet. What else is there?
i personally know a person that is currently on a sex offender list. and i know the whole story personally. it was a girl that was younger than him and he was only a couple years older. years later she decided to cry rape and it was 16-18 yrs later i think, maybe less. whatever the statute of limitations is. he admitted what he did wrong, and he still pays the price. but he is an upstanding citizen and employee and has always had a job because he was up front with his soon to be employer and worked hard and proved himself.

its the sex offenders that have not been caught yet, or dont think they did anything wrong like this young man that i worry about when i have my children with me at walmart. if this sex offender slipped thru the cracks, how many others have slipped thru the cracks and will in the future?
newby

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

nicegirl wrote:
wow what a story walmart should be more careful when checking employee's background..
yes they should. but what got left out of the story is that walmart has recently been in the news in south carolina with the hiring of a sex offender that was an adult and abducted a child and hurt her and walmart never knew he was on the registry.

in this instance, because he was a juvenile it was not on the national offender list on the internet. they had to go to a different city to get their local list to know if he was on it or not.

its like putting up a neon sign to all the juvenile registered sex offenders that they can go get a job at walmart and they wont pop bad on their background check.
cathy

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

It really doesn't matter how old the person was he was old enough to know what he was doing. And this just goes to show that Walmart will hire anybody as long as you show up for work.
stephen

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

Judged:

Sounds like the guy working at walmart is the victim now.
Common Sense

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

This story has absolutely zero journalistic value. Why is everybody so surprised? These people have to have a job somewhere. Walmart hires people that are the bottom rung of society to do manual labor and they pay them minimum wage for it. What do you expect?
5th grader

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

electronic guy wrote:
I agree politically...
The kids 19, and probably got convicted of a sex crime because he had a 17 year old girlfriend. I had a good friend caught in the same mess... And before all the crybabies start attacking me, whats the age difference between you and your spouse?
Its a shame that Fox has nothing better to report on other than trying to further ruin someones life.
Same for people with felonies, Colorado spends billions of dollars on reform through the systems, but wheres a felon supposed to find a decent job? They have the same responsibilities as the rest of us, but have to take a job for $7.50 and live in a %&$@hole. Its no wonder they end up in the system again, with no hope for anything better whats the point of trying...
You must be the one hiring. Guess you missed where this freak RAPED a 4 YEAR OLD in every body orifice imaginable. I can see giving the jerk a 2nd chance, but he could work at the landfill or cleaning horse stalls and not at a Walmart where children are easily accessible. LEARN TO READ FACT BEFORE MAKING STUPID ASSUMPTIONS.
Steve

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

the young man was only 11 years old at the time. for an 11 yr old to be sexually active, they most likely have been abused themselves by older kids or adults.
the mother of the 4 yr old is displacing her guilt over her child being victimised and is victimising others.
this young man deserves a chance to be a productive member of society.
how many of you are the same person you were at age 11?
the mother needs to get some help. she has issues.
Arch Stanton

Broomfield, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

Sex offenders deserve what they get. Ruining the life of an innocent victim through sexual assault, rape, etc. is not a "mistake." Folks, MURDER is more humane than sexual assault. Sexual assault will eff with someone for the rest of their life. REHABILITATION? THE VICTIM WILL NEED REHAB FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIFE, AND SOME OF YOU IDIOTS HERE ARE CONCERNED WITH WETHER OR NOT THIS LOW LIFE CAN GET A JOB????!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!?????
citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

It's interesting that if he killed a 4 year old and was convicted of MURDER as a juvenile no one would know about it today. I agree that what he did was terrible, but to register an 11 year old as a sex offender for LIFE might be going a little far.
BOB

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

the land of the free the home of the sheep
Kat

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2010

Judged:

seriously? he deserves a "second chance"??? to do what? offend again?! As far as I'm concerned, once a molester... ALWAYS a molester!! I can't believe I used to shop there!!! I wonder how many more sex offenders walmart has in its employ???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••