IUDs, implants urged for teen girls' birth control

Sep 20, 2012 Full story: WINK-TV Fort Myers 10

Teenage girls may prefer the pill, the patch or even wishful thinking, but their doctors should be recommending IUDs or hormonal implants - long-lasting and more effective birth control that you don't have to remember to use every time, the nation's leading gynecologists group said Thursday.

Full Story
widow2

Golconda, IL

#1 Sep 20, 2012
Great, it can destroy their fertility! This is a terrible mistake. This is what happens when the government becomes the parent. It is acceptable risk to lose so many to bad outcomes. A parent on the other hand seeks to do what is best for their child. And weighs the risk to their child..
Artificial Crab

Anonymous Proxy

#2 Sep 21, 2012
This is a wonderful idea we got our girls implanted with IUC's (some people say IUD) when they were in middle school and beginning to progress past handy jobs and BJ's. And if it does end up in permanent sterility, well that's good they don't have to go through the surgery and expense of getting their tubes tied later on!
tomgt

Didcot, UK

#3 Sep 21, 2012
people go on about men not taking responsabilty , and say lads swould have the snip if you dont want to use condoms ...whats wrong with a girl having the implant in her arm ... its easy taken out , abloke having his balls snipped and being limp afterwards fools . give the bitch a n implant andits no big deal
Alona

San Jose, CA

#4 Jan 11, 2013
It's choosing between the lesser of two evils: the consequences of early and unintended pregnancy or the long-term effects of contraceptives. The best decision isn't always the easy one. It's best to have a medical professional at your side when making decisions like these for a well-guided choice. More information about women's health issues may also be found at http://www.bladderslingrecall.us
Melita Jean

Blakesburg, IA

#5 Mar 2, 2013
They often say that IUD is not suitable for women who have no child yet. This is because that the opening of the cervix is still narrow. However, recent analysis says that IUD is safe to use in women, with or without child. Moreover, women may need to be aware of its potential health complications. Serious side effects pushed women to file lawsuits over Mirena IUD. I have read a lot about Mirena information on side effects, which may be found at www.basearticles.com/Author/159306/Stacey-Coo... . Anyway, you may also find it in Google by search Mirena lawsuit.
Carrie Salyer

Iselin, NJ

#7 Mar 8, 2013
IUD is often recommended to women with at least one child. However, this is a misconception because women, especially teens, can use IUD, which is a long-term contraceptive. However, this may cause some minor and major side effects. The most rare and most serious side effect is the perforation of the uterus. By typing-in Mirena lawsuit in Google, you may find some information about the potential side effects of Mirena. You may also refer at www.basearticles.com/Author/159306/Stacey-Coo... for more related information.
Grace

Perth Amboy, NJ

#8 Mar 18, 2013
There are indeed different opinions regarding this but it is always important to remember the health and safety of the one using it. Although I have read at http://ashlyburgess.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/... that there might be some safety issues with much younger girls using contraceptives. Parents do need to weigh the risks and benefits.
Joyce Stewart

San Jose, CA

#9 Apr 5, 2013
IUDs are one of the most popular forms of birth controls due to its fuss-free and long-term effectiveness in preventing pregnancy. It may be used for as long as five years. However, there is a risk for uterine perforation and pelvic inflammatory disease which led to a number lawsuits. If you want to know more about Mirena and its side effects, key-in "Mirena lawsuit" in Google or refer at www.mirenalawsuit.us/fda-reports-thousands-of... for more related information.
dad of 3

Portland, OR

#10 Apr 5, 2013
My wife and I have a friend who's a doctor, and he implanted our oldest girl with that when she injured her tweens and started acting like a girl it didn't take her long to get rid of that virginity (we are raising our girls knowing that virginity is not something you "lose" but just something to get over and get rid of so you don't have to worry about it anymore) so yes, getting that thing down there made baby-safe is a lot better than having the baby! I'm telling them to 'just say no' is just not realistic, nor is it good advice. It causes them to miss the best most sexually adventurous years of their life!
Enrique

Poland

#11 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Jackson is a no longer a part of the family... 5 min goodvibrations 178
Montville, N.J. Plan Would Allow Searches Witho... 1 hr Montville 1
Pennsylvania Teenager Simulates Oral Sex With J... 1 hr Ursabolt 1
Science vs. sentiment 3 hr Vaccines Maim Kill 33
Teens charged with cemetery mischief 4 hr smh 1
Health officials urging young, middle-age folks... 4 hr Vaccines Maim Kill 1
Spanking Is Great for Sex 10 hr Suculent-dry 2
•••

Family People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE