Mom says sona s shooting death a not my idea of accidenta | The Columbus Dispatch

Joshua M. Hall didna t mean to fatally shoot his friend Zachary Buechner while playing with a handgun last year at a gathering of teenagers in a Far West Side apartment. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Words of Wisdom

Pickerington, OH

#1 Apr 20, 2011
This is a great statement by a Judge that describes those prone to the criminal element that do not seem to grasp that a gun is never a toy:

Bessey said he has seen too many cases like it in 17 years on the bench. "It's just an absence of basic intelligence that I find incomprehensible."
OOPS

Hilliard, OH

#2 Apr 20, 2011
too many damn guns and too many stupid people.
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#3 Apr 20, 2011
OOPS wrote:
The gun wouldn't have done any damage if it where not for the idiot using it. I own a dozen assorted guns and none of them have ever jumped up and shot anyone.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Apr 20, 2011
OOPS wrote:
Almost got it... try "Too many stupid people with guns."
Just Saying

Columbus, OH

#5 Apr 20, 2011
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost got it... try "Too many stupid people with guns."
I agree ... but now lets let them go into bars with them!

This is THEEEE most stupid law I think there ever was.
Teacher with no raise

Columbus, OH

#6 Apr 20, 2011
Words of Wisdom wrote:
This is a great statement by a Judge that describes those prone to the criminal element that do not seem to grasp that a gun is never a toy:
Bessey said he has seen too many cases like it in 17 years on the bench. "It's just an absence of basic intelligence that I find incomprehensible."
Just remember, the same individuals who thought getting tattoos in an apartment from a gun slinging "artist" are the same people that teachers are required to teach. The judge is right, "the absence of basic intelligence is incomprehensible". No wonder the OGT passing rates are so low in urban settings.
So Mad

Howard, OH

#7 Apr 20, 2011
Josh Hall should rot in jail for the rest of his life to killing such a great kid! 5 years for killing a person!? That's a joke! The courts give drug dealers longer sentences!
MISS-E

Columbus, OH

#9 Apr 20, 2011
Teacher with no raise wrote:
<quoted text>
Just remember, the same individuals who thought getting tattoos in an apartment from a gun slinging "artist" are the same people that teachers are required to teach. The judge is right, "the absence of basic intelligence is incomprehensible". No wonder the OGT passing rates are so low in urban settings.
With your attitude I believe that it is time for you to seek another occupation and the sooner the better.

Since: Mar 11

New Albany, OH

#10 Apr 20, 2011
So Mad wrote:
Josh Hall should rot in jail for the rest of his life to killing such a great kid! 5 years for killing a person!? That's a joke! The courts give drug dealers longer sentences!
That's because drug dealers intentionally do harm... unlike this poor dumb kid.
So Mad

Howard, OH

#11 Apr 20, 2011
<quoted text>
Can you read? The person giving the tattoos was the victim, not the shooter! The person "slinging" the gun just got off with a 5 year sentence. I was one of Zach's high school teachers and he was a good kid! How dare you call him a "gun slinging artist". You have no clue about him. Apparently, you can't even follow a simple story and get that right. Zach was a very talented artist/young man. By the way, it was my pleasure, not a requirement, to be Zach's teacher!
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#12 Apr 20, 2011
<quoted text>
As an educator, you should know better than to reply without reading the article correctly. The victim did not have the gun. Nobody has had anything but nice things to say about the victim. Think about his family before you post such ignorance.
saddened

Grafton, OH

#13 Apr 20, 2011
So Mad wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you read? The person giving the tattoos was the victim, not the shooter! The person "slinging" the gun just got off with a 5 year sentence. I was one of Zach's high school teachers and he was a good kid! How dare you call him a "gun slinging artist". You have no clue about him. Apparently, you can't even follow a simple story and get that right. Zach was a very talented artist/young man. By the way, it was my pleasure, not a requirement, to be Zach's teacher!
Thank you! I was reading that comment and thinking the exact same thing! This "teacher" can't even master simple reading/comprehension. I agree it is time for someone to hang their teaching hat. Teachers w/that attitude are the reason children don't like school. Thank God for teachers like you who see children as the individuals they are & don't lump them into stereotypical groups! God Bless You & all of the Beachner family!
ben dover

Columbus, OH

#14 Apr 20, 2011
sounds to me there was a lot more to this story than what has been told. Guns, tatoos, alcohol, and previous run-ins with the law. somebody's bound to get killed. it's always the person who is the "kindest, most gentle person" B.S.
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#15 Apr 20, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on and give it a rest. Try READING the law and maybe you'll have a better understanding. This incident has nothing at all to do with the law inquestion. This was an act of stupidity and negligence, plain and simple.
Gary Bman

Annandale, VA

#16 Apr 20, 2011
Hank G wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on and give it a rest. Try READING the law and maybe you'll have a better understanding. This incident has nothing at all to do with the law inquestion. This was an act of stupidity and negligence, plain and simple.
And FORESEEN!
ohio jim

Columbus, OH

#17 Apr 20, 2011
MISS-E wrote:
<quoted text>With your attitude I believe that it is time for you to seek another occupation and the sooner the better.
Amen! If all you can do is make excuses for why you can't do your job, find another job. Losers make excuses; winners solve the problem.
PhahQueh

Westerville, OH

#18 Apr 20, 2011
1) Where did he get the gun?
2) Who does tricks with a loaded gun in a room
full of people?
3) Why did he flee?

Given his prior criminal record this guy should have been given more than 5 years...

I didn't know that Westland had a tatoo art class? Can't say I am suprised...
Justa Thought

Swanton, OH

#19 Apr 20, 2011
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
"Them"? Let's talk about "them". It is illegal for "them" to have a handgun, but they did. It is illegal for "them" to purchase a handgun, but they did. It is illegal for someone to give or sell "them" a handgun, but someone did.(And it was not a licensed dealer.) It is illegal for "them" to go into a bar with a handgun but they will and they do. How could "them" kids do that? After all, it is against the law so surely it can't happen !

The law change that you question will allow those of US that are permitted CCW holders to enter a restaurant that serves alcohol without having to disarm first - provided we are NOT drinking. It gives US the right to defend ourselves, and even you, against the likes of "them" that chose to break the law. Many other states have had this law for some time with NONE of the doom and gloom that is predicted by those of you that choose to misrepresent the facts.
Just Saying

Columbus, OH

#20 Apr 20, 2011
Hank G wrote:
<quoted text>
It has nothing to do with what the law says. It has to do with someone taking a gun into a bar where you have drunk and rowdy people in it. When men get to drinking there testosterone goes up. Wether they are the ones with the guns or not. You Just add alcohol and you have instant A** Holes and guns have no reason being around it.

Then you have your women who think there men once they have had enough. I just don't think guns and alcohol go together.
mooooooooooooo

Columbus, OH

#21 Apr 20, 2011
"...a gifted tattoo artist."

Oxymoron of the month.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child of Lesbian Moms Says Same-Sex Marriage Is... 1 hr cpeter1313 549
News Ignoring mayhem, until it's tortured kids or a ... 2 hr Free Kwame 1
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 5 hr Maravilla 920
News Five (GREAT) things to know about some "kids" f... 6 hr we r watching 3
News Taking their wares to market 10 hr Corrupt education 1
News 15-Year-Old Illegal Alien Charged with Murderin... 11 hr ronnie 9
News Colorado sees uptick in teenagers reporting sig... 11 hr hunter 1
More from around the web