Local farms showing off their dairy c...

Local farms showing off their dairy cattle at the Fonda Fair

There are 28 comments on the Courier Standard story from Aug 30, 2012, titled Local farms showing off their dairy cattle at the Fonda Fair. In it, Courier Standard reports that:

The dairy barns are once again full at the Fonda Fair, bustling with some of the finest dairy cattle the local area has to offer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Courier Standard.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
revenge

United States

#1 Aug 30, 2012
Big deal,when u have all sorts of hired help try doing every bit of chores buy urself 7 days a week for months on end. If i had help i would enjoy showing my dairy but i have better things to to , because any normal dairy man allways has work to do it's a never-ending job.
the ex

Wells, NY

#2 Aug 30, 2012
This is true but, did it ever occur to you to do something fun for a while? All work and no play makes you very tired and very lonely when your wife and kids leave you.
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#3 Aug 30, 2012
revenge wrote:
Big deal,when u have all sorts of hired help try doing every bit of chores buy urself 7 days a week for months on end. If i had help i would enjoy showing my dairy but i have better things to to , because any normal dairy man allways has work to do it's a never-ending job.
.......... So, just how many head of dairy cows are you pushing today, all by yourself?... You know, being an independent dairy farmer today is a splendid and very necesary form of occupation.... You serve the people and our great nation by all you do for it.... Your are to be applauded!

... Norm
revenge

Northville, NY

#4 Aug 31, 2012
the ex wrote:
This is true but, did it ever occur to you to do something fun for a while? All work and no play makes you very tired and very lonely when your wife and kids leave you.
What do u know about farming, times are tough if i hired someone then how would i live, mabe u should think of that
revenge

Northville, NY

#5 Aug 31, 2012
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>.......... So, just how many head of dairy cows are you pushing today, all by yourself?... You know, being an independent dairy farmer today is a splendid and very necesary form of occupation.... You serve the people and our great nation by all you do for it.... Your are to be applauded!

... Norm
Thank you norm being a farmer is very hard. I grew up I'n a family farm and had siblings to help, and as we grew they went there seprate ways as did i. But when my dad got very sick and was at the point of losing what he worked all his life for i couldn't let it happen. So today my father is a little bit better and still can't work and never will be able to ever again so i have no choice our farm I'n my hands is now third generation, some people don't understand what family means i left my life I'n the world and brought my family I'n to this life out of care for the ones who raised me.
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#6 Aug 31, 2012
revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you norm being a farmer is very hard. I grew up I'n a family farm and had siblings to help, and as we grew they went there seprate ways as did i. But when my dad got very sick and was at the point of losing what he worked all his life for i couldn't let it happen. So today my father is a little bit better and still can't work and never will be able to ever again so i have no choice our farm I'n my hands is now third generation, some people don't understand what family means i left my life I'n the world and brought my family I'n to this life out of care for the ones who raised me.
.......... I just don't see how you fine farm folks are able to do it, to survive in todays world economy.... It is so hard,so very very hard, it takes total dedication on your part, your total family support too.... I once knew of a retired dairy farmer that told me he hadn't had a single day off in 36 years.... That is just incredable!!!... You people (Farmers) are the corner stone, the very heart, of what once made America great!... You feed the world, many people forget that!... Without the great American farmer, there is no America!

... Norm
revenge

United States

#7 Aug 31, 2012
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>.......... I just don't see how you fine farm folks are able to do it, to survive in todays world economy.... It is so hard,so very very hard, it takes total dedication on your part, your total family support too.... I once knew of a retired dairy farmer that told me he hadn't had a single day off in 36 years.... That is just incredable!!!... You people (Farmers) are the corner stone, the very heart, of what once made America great!... You feed the world, many people forget that!... Without the great American farmer, there is no America!

... Norm
That's right and a lot of people forget about us, i mean come on with out farmers there would be no milk butter cheese or any other dairy product.i do what i do because because my mom and dad put there heart and soak I'n to this and now they can't do it no more
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#8 Aug 31, 2012
revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right and a lot of people forget about us, i mean come on with out farmers there would be no milk butter cheese or any other dairy product.i do what i do because because my mom and dad put there heart and soak I'n to this and now they can't do it no more
.......... What I wonder is, when you are through, when it's time for you to finally retire, who will take your place.... More and more of the younger generation is leaving the hard work, the dedication, the motivation and the necessary commitment that is required to be an American farmer and are moving to an easier life in the city.... With each passing generation there are less farmers having to produce more and more product for an ever increasing population of people both, here in America and throughtout the entire world.... For those of you remaining American farmers out there, never enough phrase and/or accolades can ever be said or written.... You farm people are the greatest Americans of them all.... THANK YOU!!!

... Norm

“what's up everybody”

Since: Oct 11

here

#9 Aug 31, 2012
Real farmers don't fuss with the interweb
And the fair is a fair time The midway may not be fair but the most important things to remember are these three morsels of wisdom for hungry heads to feed.
It's the fair. One have fun. Carnies are magical like pink elephants.....like norms family bringing up point two
Two norm is proof the retarded can posses impressive lexicon vocabularies, but are still retarded
And three.
You know what the third point is
Get lives......go to the fair
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#10 Aug 31, 2012
Annanimity wrote:
And the fair is a fair time The midway may not be fair but the most important things to remember are these three morsels of wisdom for hungry heads to feed.
It's the fair. One have fun. Carnies are magical like pink elephants.....like norms family bringing up point two
Two norm is proof the retarded can posses impressive lexicon vocabularies, but are still retarded
And three.
.......... YES, by all means please go to the fair and have fun!... One can go to the clown entertainment center and see that "BOZO THE CLOWN" ANNANIMITY that wrote this post here above!... And by-the-way it's "Internet" duffus, not interweb!... Thats what one gets folks for "Trying to impress beyond their means!" ... Failed second grade did we?... Hehehe Hahaha Hohoho ...(:->)

...(Stormin) Norman

revenge

Northville, NY

#11 Sep 1, 2012
Annanimity wrote:
And three.
I am a re farmer i have a i phone so i have mobile access to the Internet if u really must know I'm milking my cows now. I'm 28 years old i am running my fathers farm because my fathers physical state is not good but his mind is still as it was he is my brains i need him whith out him i would not be able to do this i don't have all the knowledge that he does but I'm learning. What do u know about farminig
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#12 Sep 1, 2012
revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a re farmer i have a i phone so i have mobile access to the Internet if u really must know I'm milking my cows now. I'm 28 years old i am running my fathers farm because my fathers physical state is not good but his mind is still as it was he is my brains i need him whith out him i would not be able to do this i don't have all the knowledge that he does but I'm learning. What do u know about farminig
.......... Work 24/7 yes, that is the plight of the great American farmer!... Yet they do it, they do it to keep America great, to keep a roof over their families heads and to help feed America and the entire world.... A great and worthy tradition that!... How anyone could have any issue with that is beyond me, that is beyond any normal sense of reason.... Being an American farmer is a calling, the most worthy calling of all perhaps.

.......... If one has spent any time at all on this Fort Plain topix webpage they will shortly find that there is a certain element here, an element of dissent, of a contrary nature, and of a mental instability to be sure.... One must learn to ignore and isolate these dissenters from their normal course of postings here.... They add nothing to the general discussion, and post under various fake and false names.... That should tell you something.

... Norm

revenge

United States

#13 Sep 1, 2012
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>.......... Work 24/7 yes, that is the plight of the great American farmer!... Yet they do it, they do it to keep America great, to keep a roof over their families heads and to help feed America and the entire world.... A great and worthy tradition that!... How anyone could have any issue with that is beyond me, that is beyond any normal sense of reason.... Being an American farmer is a calling, the most worthy calling of all perhaps.

.......... If one has spent any time at all on this Fort Plain topix webpage they will shortly find that there is a certain element here, an element of dissent, of a contrary nature, and of a mental instability to be sure.... One must learn to ignore and isolate these dissenters from their normal course of postings here.... They add nothing to the general discussion, and post under various fake and false names.... That should tell you something.

... Norm
Sry norm that message was intended for that other jerk that's probably sitting on the bench I'n fort plain collecting welfare while i bust my ass every day
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#14 Sep 1, 2012
revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
Sry norm that message was intended for that other jerk that's probably sitting on the bench I'n fort plain collecting welfare while i bust my ass every day
.......... I KNOW, I KNOW!... I fully understand!... No Problem!... By-the-way, in general, where is your farm located?... Are you somewhere in the Mohawk valley itself, or perhaps, you are on one of the valleys rims.... Another thing (question), perhaps a little to personal, but, are you married?... It will be really difficult to find a good olde fashioned American girl to share your farm life with if you're not already married I'm afraid to have to tell you.... Good olde fashioned American girls today are very hard to come by and most modern day young girls (women) want the bright lights and frantic activity of big city life.... But, hopefully, there is someone out there that will see you for what you are really worth (in your heart) and choose to share her life with you.

.......... I believe you said in a post of above that your Father and Mother are still both alive, and I am guessing, are still living on the farm.... I am supposing that they are both of retirement or very near to retirement age.... My great and wonderful wife and I are are now both retired for some few years (8) now.... I hope that they both (your parents) have several more years ahead of them and that they can be of great assistance to you in helping you to run the farm.

.......... As I have stated and previously posted above, there are some real clowns, fools, idiots and mental degenerates that come on here just to make monkeys of themselves.... Well, all I have got to say about that is "NOTHING BEATS A SELF MADE MAN!" ... Hehehe Hahaha Hohoho....(:->)

... Norm

revenge

Northville, NY

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>.......... I KNOW, I KNOW!... I fully understand!... No Problem!... By-the-way, in general, where is your farm located?... Are you somewhere in the Mohawk valley itself, or perhaps, you are on one of the valleys rims.... Another thing (question), perhaps a little to personal, but, are you married?... It will be really difficult to find a good olde fashioned American girl to share your farm life with if you're not already married I'm afraid to have to tell you.... Good olde fashioned American girls today are very hard to come by and most modern day young girls (women) want the bright lights and frantic activity of big city life.... But, hopefully, there is someone out there that will see you for what you are really worth (in your heart) and choose to share her life with you.

.......... I believe you said in a post of above that your Father and Mother are still both alive, and I am guessing, are still living on the farm.... I am supposing that they are both of retirement or very near to retirement age.... My great and wonderful wife and I are are now both retired for some few years (8) now.... I hope that they both (your parents) have several more years ahead of them and that they can be of great assistance to you in helping you to run the farm.

.......... As I have stated and previously posted above, there are some real clowns, fools, idiots and mental degenerates that come on here just to make monkeys of themselves.... Well, all I have got to say about that is "NOTHING BEATS A SELF MADE MAN!" ... Hehehe Hahaha Hohoho....(:->)

... Norm
Yes we r I'n the Mohawk valley i am married to a wonderful woman and i have two children, my parents are 55 and 56 my mom still works and my dad won't give up if he does it will kill him although he has the opportunity to pick up and go at anytime knowing his animals r I'n good hands. My fathers father was a farmer and i hope someday one of my boys will carry on
Norm

Stillwater, NY

#16 Sep 1, 2012
revenge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we r I'n the Mohawk valley i am married to a wonderful woman and i have two children, my parents are 55 and 56 my mom still works and my dad won't give up if he does it will kill him although he has the opportunity to pick up and go at anytime knowing his animals r I'n good hands. My fathers father was a farmer and i hope someday one of my boys will carry on
.......... Well that is really wonderful and great news, that you are already happily married and with two healthy young boys also!... Farmer, I am very happy and thrilled for you!... Yet another success story from that great and wonderful olde Mohawk valley.... Success in life is never easy there (or anywhere else in America these days), but it can be done through long, and honest hard work.... Yes, hopefully when it comes time for you to retire, one of your two lads will wish to continue on with the honorable tradition of being an American farmer.

... Norm

revenge

Northville, NY

#17 Sep 1, 2012
Norm wrote:
<quoted text>.......... Well that is really wonderful and great news, that you are already happily married and with two healthy young boys also!... Farmer, I am very happy and thrilled for you!... Yet another success story from that great and wonderful olde Mohawk valley.... Success in life is never easy there (or anywhere else in America these days), but it can be done through long, and honest hard work.... Yes, hopefully when it comes time for you to retire, one of your two lads will wish to continue on with the honorable tradition of being an American farmer.

... Norm
Thank u norm
Meh

Schenectady, NY

#18 Sep 5, 2012
God bless you Norm and you too "Revenge"!
Annanimity, you can fuck a duck. Farmers feed you 3 times a day and you have that attitude?
Just because someone chooses farming (the noblest of professions) doesn't make them internet-retarded. Get a clue.
I honestly wish I could go back to work on the farm because I believe hard work and honest sweat are the building blocks of a personís character. I believe many of the best things in life are free: the splendor of a sunrise, the rapture of wide open spaces, the exhilarating sight of your land greening each spring. I believe true happiness comes from watching your crops ripen in the field, your children growing tall in the sun, your whole family feeling the pride that springs from their shared experience.
You want to be anti-farmer...peddle that shit somewhere else because St. Johnsville farmers outnumber every other profession and since its such a labor intensive job you stand to receive quite an ass-kicking for your point of view.
revenge

United States

#19 Sep 5, 2012
Meh wrote:
God bless you Norm and you too "Revenge"!
Annanimity, you can fuck a duck. Farmers feed you 3 times a day and you have that attitude?
Just because someone chooses farming (the noblest of professions) doesn't make them internet-retarded. Get a clue.
I honestly wish I could go back to work on the farm because I believe hard work and honest sweat are the building blocks of a person’s character. I believe many of the best things in life are free: the splendor of a sunrise, the rapture of wide open spaces, the exhilarating sight of your land greening each spring. I believe true happiness comes from watching your crops ripen in the field, your children growing tall in the sun, your whole family feeling the pride that springs from their shared experience.
You want to be anti-farmer...peddle that shit somewhere else because St. Johnsville farmers outnumber every other profession and since its such a labor intensive job you stand to receive quite an ass-kicking for your point of view.
Thank you meh I'm young yet as my dad says but I'n my eyes we us, the small farms I'n the valley should all be credited we do feed the country and i look at farming as building blocks for my children and everyone that lives I'n this comunity

“what's up everybody”

Since: Oct 11

here

#20 Sep 5, 2012
And I'm drawn back into idiocy
......the Amish aren't as dumb as you rabble.
Farm harder and spend less time being retarded by the world wide net.
Choke on the nut of that ball gagger you progeny of related circus folk.
Norm, why don't yer family tree fork?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What do you Think? Restaurant Says no Kids Allowed (Jul '11) 7 hr humanspirit 21
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) 7 hr Limpballs 96
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 9 hr ToldYA 32,002
News Depression in Kids: How Should It Be Treated? 14 hr humanspirit 2
News The key to a healthy old age - get a dog Wed Parden Pard 3
News Reading Club signup begins (Jun '09) Wed Kids 2day eh 3
News Find out you can sign up to support group to he... Wed who do u call 1
More from around the web