Children of illegal immigrants deserv...

Children of illegal immigrants deserve in-state tuition

There are 8 comments on the Free Republic story from Nov 22, 2012, titled Children of illegal immigrants deserve in-state tuition. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Governor Patrick's decision this week to allow certain illegal immigrants to qualify for in-state tuition rates at state universities is an important step toward resolving ambiguities in the federal immigration rules.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

no amnesty

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Nov 23, 2012
Illegal aliens and their evil, self-centered, greedy spawn deserve nothing. If you follow the logic that the children of illegal aliens deserve special treatment, then, by all means give it to them. But first the DREAMers must prove that their parent lawbreakers have self-deported. Parents still on the US? You get nothing.

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#3 Nov 24, 2012
Deserve, want, demand...the truth is, we don't have to give them a thing. People have to earn our trust and respect, and acting like spolied children just doesn't get it.
Exactly

Kansas City, MO

#4 Nov 24, 2012
And on the other hand, U.S. Citizen students living in another state are NOT given the same break. Just how unfair is that?
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Certain illegals was the quote. Qualifications, meaning, not migrants but probably more educated illegals that have value to the economy instead of stealing welfare from the economy.We can only hope.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 24, 2012
ronnie wrote:
Certain illegals was the quote. Qualifications, meaning, not migrants but probably more educated illegals that have value to the economy instead of stealing welfare from the economy.We can only hope.
There are educated illegals?
August

Belleview, FL

#7 Nov 25, 2012
So why are some people deserving and others are not? I mean, if y'all are truly pushing for everything to be FAIR.
Dumbasses, apparently no one told them what my parents told me when I was five, "Life is not fair."
ronnie

Brigham City, UT

#8 Nov 25, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
There are educated illegals?
Yes Asians. But Mexicans hardly graduate from High School, according to research done by several Universities and immigration groups. In Mexico less than half graduate and in American they are banging out anchors at 13-14 years old. Yes many other's are educated and we need them. Or we could Educate the Legal Americans first.
criminalfraudcom mitted

Bryn Mawr, PA

#9 Nov 26, 2012
So if the children of ILLEGAL immigrants deserve in state reduced tution rates why don't the friends and relatives in people living in a different state but commuting distance of said institutions.

I know people who got layed off and needed training ie a course offered in a different state. The state paying for unemployment & retraining courses wouldn't allow the course to be taken in a different state for a LEGAL US Citizen. This layed off person payed taxes for decades and yet can't reap the benefits but an ILLEGAL ALIEN can? WTF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Four accused of trafficking slave labor at egg ... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 10
News Lesbian couple in gay marriage case prepares fo... (Mar '13) 6 hr Imprtnrd 1,577
News Lincoln-Way Board to Weigh Options for Future o... 7 hr Obowma 73
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 9 hr Truth Be Told 31,862
News Jim Carrey's reckless campaign angers parents o... 21 hr FEAR MONGERING 1
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Thu Donna 33
News Is free school lunch the next great American en... Thu Jaimie 2
More from around the web