Dracut skate park opens; private less...

Dracut skate park opens; private lessons are offered

There are 6 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Jun 1, 2010, titled Dracut skate park opens; private lessons are offered. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Elementary-school children can now learn to grind and ollie with the best of skateboarders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Lilly 2070

Dracut, MA

#1 Jun 2, 2010
This Dracut Skate park is a joke. A big joke. Everyone that skates knows this park isn't worth a dime to skaters. No thought was put into this park. Yes, if you are 5-8 years of age. It's been locked for two years with no use. Leave it to Dracut to blame the Lowell kids for the trouble. It was Dracut kids trying to skate in a kids park. We have no trouble in the skate parks in Lowell - we don't lock them up with keys and make kids register to use them. Lowell offers lights and big boy skate parks. Dracut shame on you. Again you score a 0. I myself try not even to drive through Dracut because of the political crap.
local guy

Lowell, MA

#2 Jun 2, 2010
will they teach the kids to swear and wear gangsta clothes too ??

North Billerica, MA

#3 Jul 12, 2010
i think it just needs to be run by the right person with the right mind. its not only about wearing "gangsta clothes." if dracut would take some ideas in and be more open to the skate culture and lifestyle it would be a better place.
local guy

Lowell, MA

#4 Jul 13, 2010
I like walking out of a convienience store and having a brat narrowly miss me whizzing along the front of store ..... skateboarding is about rebellion , they wont wear helmets and dont want to be in a park except to practice on the ramps so they can go hang out elsewhere like St Onges or dracut variety or broadway variety or across from hannafords ,,,,,,, Ive seen them videtaping each other for youtube there ...

maybe we should gravel the sidewalks ?
dracut person

Lowell, MA

#5 Apr 17, 2011
Local guy, you sound like a whinny 5th grade girl take your hotfuss elswhere. Its not any skateboarders fault you cant get laid.
Another Dracut Person

Dracut, MA

#6 Apr 6, 2013
People piss me off when they say shit like this. Not that it matters right now because he wont see this but skateboarding is not a rebellion, it's something to do. It's classified as a sport. In some cases people classify skateboarding as an art because the things you can do with one is amaizing. People film them because in the long run these videos for youtube sometimes can end up with the skateboarder getting some money. In the longrun, when most people call us skaters bums that need to get a job and shit like that, when you end up getting good enough you will get paid for skateboarding. It's a dream to most but that's what humans were taught, to chase our dreams. It takes one person in the world to say something about a skate that makes the nation hate us. When that one out of a thousand skater that is a straight up punk decides to punch a cop in the face for being kicked out of a place we were skating that makes people have a bad look on skaters altogether. Also the main reason why we go to different places to skate is to get better. It's frowned upon by people but still is a great time. When your skatepark only has a four set of stairs that's not fun to do things down. It is but trying harder things are much better if you are trying to get know. The ten set in downtown Lowell is a great spot for skaters. Anyone who does something crazy down things like that is pretty much known as a local hero. Skateboarding is not a crime, it's just people like 'local guy' that make it seem like a crime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skateboarding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Job Corps expels 4 students (May '07) Aug '16 John Pecina 1,093
News Skaters have glowing words for new San Bernardi... (Jul '10) Mar '16 Wakeup 19
SKATE VIDEO CONTEST... get a free deck and $100... (Sep '06) Feb '16 german_dude 30
why is skateboarding so fu+kin gay (May '07) Nov '15 Fuxk_Wendy 49
News Athens considering sanctions to deal with skate... (Apr '07) Oct '15 Ckim617 10
Element Search + Win! (Feb '09) May '15 Death_drop 202
News Find an Amateur Skate Competition (Apr '07) May '15 unitedrsc 51
More from around the web