Police identify Napa teen killed in s...

Police identify Napa teen killed in skateboarding accident

There are 6 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Police identify Napa teen killed in skateboarding accident. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

A Napa teen was killed Saturday night when he was hit by a car while riding his skateboard, Napa police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

mackerel

Stockton, CA

#1 Nov 9, 2010
RIP Mr. Anderson. My condolences to the boys family.

Since: Feb 09

Benicia, CA

#2 Nov 9, 2010
I was sad to read this article, my condolences to the family of this young man. It would have been helpful to know whether he was wearing any reflective gear given that by 9pm it is dark. Actually, by 6pm it is dark... I wish that parents of skateboarders would reinforce the importance of riding safely. I took interest in this article because the following happened the other night. I was driving down Rose Drive a couple of evenings ago and happened to see a movement between some parked cars. As it came weaving out in the street, it turned out to be a skateboarded going down the hill, dressed in dark clothes, without any reflecting gear or anything else to draw attention to himself. As I came to a stop at one of the stop signs, he sped by me and was NARROWLY missed by a turning car who had, no doubt, not seen him. He was lucky, but as the sad news story tells, not all of them are.
I believe that skateboarders should be allowed to ride in streets where people can bike. However, they need to abide by the same safety rules as bicyclists - especially after dark.
Art

Sacramento, CA

#3 Nov 10, 2010
Condolences to the Anderson family. It is not only Skateboarders who do not wear reflective clothing or are not advised by their Parents of safe Skateboarding around vehicle traffic, Kids on Bicycles do this too! Just 2 nights ago I turned right off of eastbound Redwood Pkwy onto Oakwood Drive and had to slam on the Brakes as 4 Juveniles on Bicycles and wearing dark clothing came out of the School Parking Lot across the Street, jumped the Center Divider right in front of me and kept going towards the entrance to the Park across the Street. Must be learning this from their Teenaged Siblings at Bethel who walk out in front of Vehicles on Ascot and Redwood Pkwys.
cocop

Vallejo, CA

#4 Nov 10, 2010
Art wrote:
Condolences to the Anderson family. It is not only Skateboarders who do not wear reflective clothing or are not advised by their Parents of safe Skateboarding around vehicle traffic, Kids on Bicycles do this too! Just 2 nights ago I turned right off of eastbound Redwood Pkwy onto Oakwood Drive and had to slam on the Brakes as 4 Juveniles on Bicycles and wearing dark clothing came out of the School Parking Lot across the Street, jumped the Center Divider right in front of me and kept going towards the entrance to the Park across the Street. Must be learning this from their Teenaged Siblings at Bethel who walk out in front of Vehicles on Ascot and Redwood Pkwys.
It's not just skateboarders and bikers. Just 2 nights ago I was driving in a dark street when a rally dark African American man, wearing black clothing head to toe, stepped into the middle of the street as I was turning right. Im telling you, and im not trying to be funny but if it wasn't for his teeth I would've hit that dude. I advise that if you are that dark you:(1) wear light and/or colored clothing (2) not step into the middle of the road (3) smile at all times or wear reflective clothes.(But maybe my suggestions will make it harder to elude the cops and make their jobs a little harder to do.)
Ur Baddy Bitch

Vallejo, CA

#5 Nov 10, 2010
its all this F kin skaters ridding at night of course white boys doin stupid shit like skating on Silverado trail at 9pm pendejo that's what u get bitch to the parents buy youre other kids more skateboards dumb ass what happen to curfews? shit i was lucky to be out at that time ?
vjo

Vallejo, CA

#6 Nov 10, 2010
this kid traumatized that damb driver

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skateboarding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Job Corps expels 4 students (May '07) Apr 25 Mike 1,096
News Fun's over: Coconut Creek closes skate park aft... (Oct '08) Dec '17 Shredderstew 135
News Mentality - a Small Skate Company to Watch (Jun '07) Mar '17 Anonymous 56
News Find an Amateur Skate Competition (Apr '07) Mar '17 ericofwalnut 52
News Skaters have glowing words for new San Bernardi... (Jul '10) Mar '16 Wakeup 19
SKATE VIDEO CONTEST... get a free deck and $100... (Sep '06) Feb '16 german_dude 30
why is skateboarding so fu+kin gay (May '07) Nov '15 Fuxk_Wendy 49