Find an Amateur Skate Competition

Find an Amateur Skate Competition

There are 51 comments on the About.com story from Apr 6, 2007, titled Find an Amateur Skate Competition. In it, About.com reports that:

I get a fair amount of e-mail from people looking for amateur skateboarding competitions they can compete in - with summer coming, now's the time to get your ducks in a row There are several levels to being an ... via About.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at About.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ben Dacossta

UK

#1 Apr 6, 2007
im in a skateboarding team called the GROUNDBREAKERS
Ethan Daniels

Pauls Valley, OK

#2 Apr 17, 2007
My son is 5 years old and has been skating since he was 2. I take him to the skatepark everyday. I know i am his mother, but my son can really skate. He says he wants to be the next Tony Hawk. lol.
Anton morgan

London, UK

#3 Apr 19, 2007
im a good skater can do kick flips 180 360 indy nose grab and loads more trus me i was so close to being sponsored by es but they said that im good but just need a tiny tiny bit better no lie
Sam 16 F

Bahrain

#4 Apr 26, 2007
Well I live in the middle iast (Bahrain) This place sux and I recentli heard theres a skating competition, imagine how shocked I was when I found out it existed in Bahrain lolz ..!
Queerrrrrr

Redmond, OR

#5 Apr 30, 2007
ur all wana bes

Since: Mar 07

Chesterfield, MO

#6 May 1, 2007
Have you ever been to sportskool.com it's good for kids.:)
eric

Leipsic, OH

#7 Jun 29, 2007
im trying to find a skate competition in ohio.. im not an amazing skateboarder.. but im like in the top 5 in my city..if anyone knows of a skate comp// or a site that tells wen and where for skate comps.. reply plzz
t_rainey

Columbus, OH

#8 Sep 14, 2007
when are any sponcors coming out and where
where the skate park

Manama, Bahrain

#9 Sep 14, 2007
Sam 16 F wrote:
Well I live in the middle iast (Bahrain) This place sux and I recentli heard theres a skating competition, imagine how shocked I was when I found out it existed in Bahrain lolz ..!
where was the park
i-love-deafening -metal

Gallup, NM

#10 Oct 24, 2007
i have wanted to skate for a long time, but my parents think it is to masculine
*frowns*
oh well, i can just check out the skaters at the skate park lolx
*that one chick you won't ever know*
pat

Dayton, OH

#11 Jan 10, 2008
I skate vert. my tricks on half pipe are - boneless 180 , revert front smith, frontside 5-0, frontside 50-50,fakie frontside nose 5-0 and then turn it into a frontside boardslide. i can ollie ok no stairs though. i just learned to 180 yesterday. i can early grab stuff. lol and I'm not sponsored but then again i haven't really tried. i have sponsored friends though so i think i will try to get sponsored soon. oh and of course rock to fakie, tail stall, revert tail stall, rock in roll, and i can do this thing thats basicly a 360 manual on the half-pipe. I'm pretty sure i'll get sponsored if i try to get sponsored
j robbs

United States

#12 Feb 20, 2008
im looking for a amateur skate contest any where in the united states
SammYbaby

Santa Fe, NM

#13 Mar 13, 2008
pat wrote:
I skate vert. my tricks on half pipe are - boneless 180 , revert front smith, frontside 5-0, frontside 50-50,fakie frontside nose 5-0 and then turn it into a frontside boardslide. i can ollie ok no stairs though. i just learned to 180 yesterday. i can early grab stuff. lol and I'm not sponsored but then again i haven't really tried. i have sponsored friends though so i think i will try to get sponsored soon. oh and of course rock to fakie, tail stall, revert tail stall, rock in roll, and i can do this thing thats basicly a 360 manual on the half-pipe. I'm pretty sure i'll get sponsored if i try to get sponsored
Those tricks are pretty easy and amatuer. Sorry. My bf had those down when he was like 13 or 14. And you say that you can't ollie stairs? Thats like basic stuff. It's kinda hard to get sponsored if you can't even do that. Im not trying to be mean, just realistic.
Captain Darklite

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2008
okay peeps, im the captain if my skate team and ive earned it i must say. i have 13 sponsors and i need some help findin some competitions. i probrably will never return to this site so hit me up on myspace or email me. l8er peeps.

use this email to hit us up on myspace and enter the topic as Greg
[email protected]
Momma

Cleveland, OH

#15 May 15, 2008
There is a skate competition at the North Olmsted Rec Center on June 28th 2008. Contact Village Boards in North Olmsted for all the info. and fees.
Good Luck!
Momma

Cleveland, OH

#16 May 15, 2008
The is a Skateboard Competition on June 28th 2008 at the N.Olmsted Rec Center on Lorain Rd. Contact Village Boards in North Olmsted OH for all the info and fees.
Good Luck
Chris Perez

San Luis Obispo, CA

#17 May 20, 2008
sponsor me! haha. people say im pretty decent at skating. im the best in my town too. but it is a small town. heres the link to my videos.. www.youtube.com/chrismcnugget

let me know what you think at:
[email protected]

or

www.myspace.com/polynesian_lava_toad
CJM

AOL

#18 Jun 6, 2008
Momma wrote:
The is a Skateboard Competition on June 28th 2008 at the N.Olmsted Rec Center on Lorain Rd. Contact Village Boards in North Olmsted OH for all the info and fees.
Good Luck
Thanks for the info. on N.Olmstead. We are moving back to OH from NV on June 9th and will check it out for sure.
Daileba

Millinocket, ME

#19 Jun 15, 2008
I know more tricks than that I have 20 of my own signature tricks.
mari

Cape Town, South Africa

#20 Jun 20, 2008
Hey, I'm actually all the way from South Africa...Please tell me, are there any competitions here, cause I'm reaLLY INTERESTED?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Skateboarding Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Job Corps expels 4 students (May '07) Mar '16 B_P_F_L 1,092
News Skaters have glowing words for new San Bernardi... (Jul '10) Mar '16 Wakeup 19
SKATE VIDEO CONTEST... get a free deck and $100... (Sep '06) Feb '16 german_dude 30
why is skateboarding so fu+kin gay (May '07) Nov '15 Fuxk_Wendy 49
News Athens considering sanctions to deal with skate... (Apr '07) Oct '15 Ckim617 10
Element Search + Win! (Feb '09) May '15 Death_drop 202
News Fun's over: Coconut Creek closes skate park aft... (Oct '08) Jan '15 Ollierace 134
More from around the web