Injured kitesurfer shown on video is no longer at hospital

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The kitesurfer injured when a wind gust from Tropical Storm Fay swept him into the air and against a building on Fort Lauderdale beach is no longer hospitalized, officials said Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Nick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

I'm glad he's getting better.
stinky

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Somebody should sue him... this fool cost us taxpayers money.
Fool watcher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

What a fool!
Kite Flies a Big Dummy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

He should be nominated for the 2008 Darwin Awards.
Unreal

Longwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Oh well if you are that stupid to do out in a storm you have it coming.
A Firemans Sis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Maybe he left the hospital AMA (against medical advice). He was only upgraded to "serious" yesterday and now he is MIA.
Hope he is recovering at another facility because no one should leave the hospital in "serious" condition.
Hmmmmmmm
He is probably still in BGMC but they could not handle the call volume with idiots calling to ask him how he felt smacking into the Oasis Restaurant.
Yeah right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

stinky wrote:
Somebody should sue him... this fool cost us taxpayers money.
Not to mention putting peoples lives in danger.
Allison

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

I bet he didn't have health insurance ... and then they told him what his bill would be - and he left.

Since: Apr 08

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

He's ok. He hit the building head first. After several X-rays and a cat scan, the hospital determined he had NO brain so there was no risk of brain damage. He has gone home to play with his colored wooden blocks.
A Firemans Sis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Allison wrote:
I bet he didn't have health insurance ... and then they told him what his bill would be - and he left.
In the first place, you have NO idea what you are even talking about. BGMC is a tax~assist funded facility as part of the North Broward Hospital District. If a patient does not have health insurance....WE the taxpayers pay the bill. The physicians are paid through a program called FFS (Fee For Service). The doctor gets about $55.00 per visit (which is peanuts for a patient in critical condition in a ICU bed).
So........No, he did not leave because of his balance to BGMC.
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Most likely Kearney will keep a low profile and not let himself be interviewed because he looked like the dumbest bunny on the face of the planet in that video. He's lucky he didn't kill himself. He may even change his name.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kitesurfing Discussions

Search the Kitesurfing Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Coastguard Roundup: Coastguards investigate unm... Jun '14 Business course to help t 1
Time to ban kite boarding and kite surfing? Mar '14 Bruce Spanton 1
Exclusive Pics: Egypt Meltdown Doesn't Deter Jo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Hunter 1
Surf sunglasses, prescription Rx, water eyewear... (Oct '09) Apr '13 Silverfish 6
Turtles Beach Resort, Egypt, Studio - ID: 6775962 (Jan '13) Jan '13 rxsteroidscom 1
Codes of conduct for Chichester district beach ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 rxsteroidscom 1
mexican (Dec '12) Dec '12 MEXICAN 1
•••
•••
•••