Kitesurfer doesn't remember his brush...

Kitesurfer doesn't remember his brush with Fay

There are 85 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 22, 2008, titled Kitesurfer doesn't remember his brush with Fay. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Kevin Kearney remembers heading out to Fort Lauderdale beach Monday afternoon. He remembers kite surfing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Gary Busey

Miami, FL

#2 Aug 22, 2008
Maybe it was the liter of scotch he drank before going kiting has fogged his memory or maybe he hit that restaurant head first and it rattled what brain he might have had
PatS-PalmCoast

Orlando, FL

#5 Aug 22, 2008
It was a stupid thing to do but let's pray Kevin fully recovers.
Boca Concerned Citizen

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Aug 22, 2008
I'm glad he's ok. But Jesus Christ, do something different for fun.
stinky

United States

#7 Aug 22, 2008
Boca Concerned Citizen wrote:
I'm glad he's ok. But Jesus Christ, do something different for fun.
It was KEVIN who was kitesurfing, not Jesus. ;-)

“Share the Road.”

Since: Jul 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Aug 22, 2008
There were easier ways to get into that restaurant. I don't think there was a waiting list. Maybe his J-tech blinky beeper went off and he didn't want to lose hi table?
PatG

Delray Beach, FL

#9 Aug 22, 2008
The amazing thing about the whole article was that the SS actually interviewed someone.
nic

Delray Beach, FL

#10 Aug 22, 2008
check your history on kite surfing accidents...just a couple of years ago a kite surfer was slammed into a condo in Pompano and rumor has it he is still under nursing care. as a friend once told me after watching a kite surfer bounce over a dozen cars, blooded across the parking lot pavement in California...The rest of the surfers ran up to him and said " Welcome to kitesurfing dude"....its a very dangerous sport with an onshore breeze.
Common Sense

New Kent, VA

#11 Aug 22, 2008
"I'm glad I don't hurt that bad," "feeling fine; a little tired. I ache a lot."
Okay. Which is it?
No me

United States

#12 Aug 22, 2008
All I can say is "God protects babies & fools".
Jeff

Hollywood, FL

#13 Aug 22, 2008
I'm surprised. I hadn't seen the much vaunted clip of the guy flying through the air until just last evening, and it looks a lot worse than it was. If he hit sand on his way to the rough landing, that may be part of the reason he survived. I would think twice before venturing out in winds like that, tempting as they may be.
A Firemans Sis

New Orleans, LA

#14 Aug 22, 2008
Common Sense wrote:
"I'm glad I don't hurt that bad," "feeling fine; a little tired. I ache a lot."
Okay. Which is it?
No kidding! Since he does not remember the details of this event, chances are he has a little brain damage.
Hope he does make a full recovery, though.
fire cracker

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Aug 22, 2008
Show him the ch4 video, he'll remember!
whang

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Aug 22, 2008
"I don't actually remember it happening,"

Thats funny, he didn't remember it happening yesterday either! Maybe it is time to change the article cause this one has been overworked!
whang

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Aug 22, 2008
A Firemans Sis wrote:
<quoted text>
No kidding! Since he does not remember the details of this event, chances are he has a little brain damage.
Hope he does make a full recovery, though.
He would probably have to have a brain in order to suffer brain damage.
ana

United States

#18 Aug 22, 2008
what an idiot! Get a real life instead of almost losing the one you have
pet peeve

United States

#19 Aug 22, 2008
well... i'm not surprised. he took a serious slam into the beach and again into the wall of that building. he's lucky to be alive. and it's no big deal he doesn't remember. lol, cuz at least there is the news footage to remind him that going out in a tropical storn or worse is not the smartest thing to do. hopefully the news will gift him with full video coverage of this incident so he can watch it any time he feels like going out to do the same thing. lol. and uh... i'm sure we'll all be seeing this footage on those "worlds wildest moments caught on tape" shows.
Kevin can be the poster boy for why you should always listen to the authorities i.e. life guards. they know wht they're talking about when they advise you to leave the beach and stop what you're doing.

hopefully Kevin recovers fully and learns a valuable lesson from all this.
pet peeve

United States

#20 Aug 22, 2008
oops... i forgot to put the "a" in what. lol. darn keys sticking on my keyboard! lol... maybe i should stop eating candy at my computer! lol
Bernice Fish

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Aug 22, 2008
I'm glad he's going to be okay.

You have to take a few chances to have fun in life.
Boca Golfer

Lake Worth, FL

#23 Aug 22, 2008
Bob Greasy wrote:
Hey Kevin,
I bet next time you'll remember to let go of the kite.
You can't let go because you wear a harness.
priceless

United States

#24 Aug 22, 2008
Idiots are in the water during a tropical storm plain and simple. Then they want to be rescued by those who tell them not to go in. You just know this moron will do it again. I don't care if he is an expert. It's a storm and you were told not to be in the water. Other people are out there risking their lives to save fools like him. Unreal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kitesurfing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County News: Kitesurfer brings Uk record to Sussex (Nov '16) Nov '16 Newt s Gimlet Rage 4
News Time to ban kite boarding and kite surfing? (Mar '14) Mar '15 dkb 2
News Canadian arrested in St. Lucia after boy drowns... (Feb '15) Feb '15 why no forums there 2
News Coastguard Roundup: Coastguards investigate unm... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Business course t... 1
News Exclusive Pics: Egypt Meltdown Doesn't Deter Jo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Hunter 1
News Surf sunglasses, prescription Rx, water eyewear... (Oct '09) Apr '13 Silverfish 6
News Turtles Beach Resort, Egypt, Studio - ID: 6775962 (Jan '13) Jan '13 rxsteroidscom 1
More from around the web