Kite surfer dies after being surrounded, bitten by sharks in ra...

Full story: WHNT News 19 6
Sharks are being blamed after a man kite surfing off a Florida beach was surrounded and attacked so badly that he died. Read more
Clarence Mccruter

Huntsville, AL

#1 Feb 4, 2010
Whats wrong with these people? When you hear the word beach the first thing should pop into their minds is sharks. They go out there, and when they are attacked someone else have to risk their life to save them. Plain and simple stay out of the water if you want to swim go to a pool.
Laurie Marshall

College Station, TX

#2 Feb 4, 2010
Sharks - 1
Humans - millions

Shark finning has killed millions of sharks by cutting off their fins and throwing them back in the water to die slow painful deaths. At least the shark were going to eat the guy...
Zellamae

Grant, AL

#3 Feb 4, 2010
Clarence Mccruter wrote:
Whats wrong with these people? When you hear the word beach the first thing should pop into their minds is sharks. They go out there, and when they are attacked someone else have to risk their life to save them. Plain and simple stay out of the water if you want to swim go to a pool.
Do you even know what "Kite surfing" is? It is a very athletic sport, much more than just "playing in the water".
It is a shame the man became a victim of the shark frenzy. But, this type of attack is very rare and most water enthusiasts are informed and careful; it obviously wasn't his day.
road killer

United States

#4 Feb 4, 2010
I like the news interview showing people at the same beach the following day making comments about how they are a little nervous BUT they are still there. One father talks about he would feel nervous letting his kids come to the beach by themselves... just what exactly is he going to do if a shark starts chomping on one of his kids?!
Big Rig Driver

Prattville, AL

#5 Feb 5, 2010
just what exactly is he going to do if a shark starts chomping on one of his kids?!

I hear the theme sound of JAWS---don't you?????
dan

Cluj-napoca, Romania

#6 Feb 5, 2010
super location
http://www.aedificium.eu/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kitesurfing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Time to ban kite boarding and kite surfing? (Mar '14) Mar 4 dkb 2
News Canadian arrested in St. Lucia after boy drowns... Feb 26 why no forums there 2
News Coastguard Roundup: Coastguards investigate unm... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Business course t... 1
News Exclusive Pics: Egypt Meltdown Doesn't Deter Jo... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Hunter 1
News Surf sunglasses, prescription Rx, water eyewear... (Oct '09) Apr '13 Silverfish 6
News Turtles Beach Resort, Egypt, Studio - ID: 6775962 (Jan '13) Jan '13 rxsteroidscom 1
News Codes of conduct for Chichester district beach ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 rxsteroidscom 1
More from around the web