Woodward pleads guilty at fraud tri.....

Woodward pleads guilty at fraud tri.....

There are 16 comments on the The Sentinel story from Apr 28, 2010, titled Woodward pleads guilty at fraud tri...... In it, The Sentinel reports that:

A local businessman charged with a slew of offenses stemming from an elaborate insurance fraud and tax evasion scheme pleaded guilty to 141 of 152 charges levied against him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sentinel.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#1 Apr 28, 2010
Wait, am I reading this right? 3 years probation and NO jail time at all for committing felonies?

If that's the case, the prosecutor and judge should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
Lewistown Resident

Bainbridge, PA

#2 Apr 28, 2010
JunkE wrote:
Wait, am I reading this right? 3 years probation and NO jail time at all for committing felonies?
If that's the case, the prosecutor and judge should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.
Yeah, he will have to pay $35.00/month now for three years instead of the $25.00/month they used to pay since they raised it. Just one more crime in Mifflin County that will be erased.
Lewistown Resident

Bainbridge, PA

#3 Apr 28, 2010
JunkE wrote:
One thing good about this,it won't matter how much crime he is involved in now that he will be on probation, the rest of his crimes will just be probation violations, which doesn't carry a charge according to what you see on the MCCF Website.
lillyville

Lewistown, PA

#4 Apr 28, 2010
Is the $35.00 charge for three years a probation charge? The man should be sitting behind bars not walking the streets. Like LR said any other crimes that he commits will be probations violations. This whole thing stinks.
Lewistown Resident

Bainbridge, PA

#5 Apr 28, 2010
lillyville wrote:
Is the $35.00 charge for three years a probation charge? The man should be sitting behind bars not walking the streets. Like LR said any other crimes that he commits will be probations violations. This whole thing stinks.
Right, that is a Probation Charge according to the FOR THE RECORD cases also in the paper today.

Since: Apr 10

United States

#6 Apr 29, 2010
He already has plans to open a new business under a family members name and continur on as before. Just another outstanding citizen paving the way for the next generation of crooks

Since: Nov 09

Lewistown, PA

#7 Apr 30, 2010
This is absolutely ridiculous. If anyone on this forum would commit such a crime, we wouldn't see the light of day for years. The Attorney General is running for Governor, so he can't put a voting citizen in prison during his campaign year. Politics make me sick.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#8 Apr 30, 2010
rorschach wrote:
This is absolutely ridiculous. If anyone on this forum would commit such a crime, we wouldn't see the light of day for years. The Attorney General is running for Governor, so he can't put a voting citizen in prison during his campaign year. Politics make me sick.
Is that a Cabal or a Conspiracy?
Milroy

Enola, PA

#9 Apr 30, 2010
I'll go against the grain here. With rare exception, I don't think non-violent offenders should go to prison. Other punishments are far more cost effective, and more effective on every level.

Prison should be for child molesters, robbers, rapists, murderers and the like. People that will do you bodily harm and need to be physically isolated from others. Violent offenders.

“Why all the negativity?”

Since: Aug 07

Lewistown, PA

#10 Apr 30, 2010
Milroy wrote:
I'll go against the grain here. With rare exception, I don't think non-violent offenders should go to prison. Other punishments are far more cost effective, and more effective on every level.
Prison should be for child molesters, robbers, rapists, murderers and the like. People that will do you bodily harm and need to be physically isolated from others. Violent offenders.
So what is his punishment? Probation? What kind of "punishemnt" is that? He has to check in with his probation officer once a month or so and pay back the money plus fines.

That's not a deterrent. If people get the idea that this is all they are going to receive for committing felonies, it almost seems worth trying. Best case scenario is you get away with it scot-free, worse case you have to pay it back.

Lewistown, PA

#11 May 1, 2010
The reason people don't commit these sort of crimes in the first place is fear of going to jail. The reason they have minimum/med/max prisons is for different levels of offenders. My opinion is build more jails and put the idiot behind bars. Whether he's a white collar criminal or not, he should have to do some time.

A politician backing down during his campaign year is nothing new. It happens all the time. No cabal. Just another elected official not doing their job.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#12 May 1, 2010
rorschach wrote:
The reason people don't commit these sort of crimes in the first place is fear of going to jail. The reason they have minimum/med/max prisons is for different levels of offenders. My opinion is build more jails and put the idiot behind bars. Whether he's a white collar criminal or not, he should have to do some time.
A politician backing down during his campaign year is nothing new. It happens all the time. No cabal. Just another elected official not doing their job.
Holly heck we just spent over a million dollars for a jail that we are not using and this idiot says build more jails. What's a wrong with him, we better ask Berrier instead of believing anything this guy says.

Lewistown, PA

#13 May 1, 2010
You're right. Woodward doesn't deserve to be in jail. Just like all of these druggies you cry about every time you see them going into jail. So which is it? You want people to go to jail or you don't? Maybe we can get Frank to answer for you. Maybe Tom has an opinion on it.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#14 May 1, 2010
rorschach wrote:
You're right. Woodward doesn't deserve to be in jail. Just like all of these druggies you cry about every time you see them going into jail. So which is it? You want people to go to jail or you don't? Maybe we can get Frank to answer for you. Maybe Tom has an opinion on it.

I said we don't need to build more Jails, we already have an extra one we paid for but are not using.

Lewistown, PA

#15 May 2, 2010
That building is not a jail. That was just a way for corrupt politicians to spend tax payers money to bail out their buddy. I was against the purchase of that building from day one.
Lewistown Resident

AOL

#16 Jul 14, 2010
It must not be a good time to have this last name, first we have this story, then we had the story about the constable not following the rules, owning a bar while being a constable, and now yesterday another person with that same last name, the owner or operator of Green Gables ( which once was consider upper class in Lewistown,) went to jail with numerous charges. I remember when he had his picture in the Sentinel when they re-opened that business now he may have his picture in a jump suit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

All Terrain Vehicles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens (Apr '09) Nov 20 Dickhead Amper 69
News Senator: ATV law will provide better enforcement (Apr '09) Sep '16 Wildman77 28
Chineese ATV's (Jul '06) May '16 Buddy 50
News Motorised vehicles could be allowed on Ottawa V... (May '16) May '16 Lanark-Renfrew 4-... 1
atv trails florida (Mar '06) Dec '15 gunna 758
News 2 wounded, 5 in custody in 2 Hazleton shootings (Jul '15) Jul '15 Joe Maddon 1
News Illegal Alien Sends Border PatrolAgent to Hospi... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
More from around the web