Smugglers' barbed wire traps target US agents (5:07 a.m.)

Drug smugglers have apparently set "booby traps" for U.S. Border Patrol agents on roads along the border near Deming, agency officials said Monday. Full Story
What Gives

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Mar 30, 2010
With this news report coupled with the Arizona Rancher killed by an illegal alien drug smuggler, why in God's name is Senator Bingaman insisting on designating the Potrillo's as Wilderness. Stop the insanity Senator!
booby

Alamogordo, NM

#2 Mar 30, 2010
Why can't we set up booby traps?
Le Autonomist

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Mar 30, 2010
Wait until they start to use IEDs, I heard the taliban is helping...
Mark

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Mar 30, 2010
illegal entry into a majority of the countries is met with life imprisonment or death.

Station Snipers along the border. It could be like their final exam before passing sniper school.

It would only take a couple to get the message out.

Since: Nov 09

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Mar 30, 2010
Boobey traps!! Ha they hate us as much as we hate them. If you recall a rider was killed at Camino Real with the same deal.
Bill from Cruces

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Mar 30, 2010
Maybe it is time to line the routes taken by smugglers with claymores? Just a thought like it would ever happen. Though using those areas as a training ground for our snipers wouldn't be such a bad idea.
lcnative

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Mar 30, 2010
Why is it that border patrol agents are unable to spot these people putting up these traps? Or, is seeing mexicans driving around in undeveloped desert areas with barbed wire in the back of their trucks a normal thing? I am beginning to wonder just how corrupt our own border patrol agents are. We use infrared to detect mexicans bringing drugs, but can't seem to catch any setting up traps....

Why is it that MILLIONS of illegals are already in this Country sponging off our taxpaid programs, and more seem to walk or drive across on a daily basis with no problem?
Aurelius

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Mar 30, 2010
lcnative wrote:
Why is it that border patrol agents are unable to spot these people putting up these traps? Or, is seeing mexicans driving around in undeveloped desert areas with barbed wire in the back of their trucks a normal thing? I am beginning to wonder just how corrupt our own border patrol agents are. We use infrared to detect mexicans bringing drugs, but can't seem to catch any setting up traps....
Why is it that MILLIONS of illegals are already in this Country sponging off our taxpaid programs, and more seem to walk or drive across on a daily basis with no problem?
Really? Have you seen how large the border is? How many BP agents do you think we have? I volunteer you to patrol the border wiseguy.
Del

Rio Rancho, NM

#9 Mar 30, 2010
lcnative wrote:
Not trying to be contentious, but I wonder how many are setting traps versus carting contraband across the border. Probably very few are setting wire traps, so far anyway. A person can carry several feet of wire in a backpack, more than enough for a snare or whatever.
lcnative

Woodbridge, VA

#10 Mar 30, 2010
Have you ever heard of TECHNOLOGY? I don't believe I ever stated that I think Border Patrol agents are walking along our border on foot, wiseguy. Try taking a breath before you hit reply.
Aurelius wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Have you seen how large the border is? How many BP agents do you think we have? I volunteer you to patrol the border wiseguy.
takingabreath

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Mar 30, 2010
lcnative wrote:
It is said (by the GAO) for years that over half of the illegal immigrants in this country are here on overstayed visas. It's just sexier for the media to show pictures of people climbing fences and marching through the desert then to talk about overstayed visas.
you have no clue

United States

#12 Mar 30, 2010
lcnative wrote:
You have no idea what goes on around the border. Yes the border patrol does have infrared but those cameras only see so far and they aren't every 100 feet but rather a mile or more apart in some places. There is limited funds to protect our border because they did a mass hiring and now have to pay for the extra man power to be able to catch this stuff. I agree that they are using the system to their advantage. Did you know that everytime an illegal gets hurt we pay for their hospital visit through taxes? And did you know that we allow people in smaller towns in Mexico cross into the U.S. to give birth with no questions asked because we have to be "humanitarian" because there aren't hospitals in some areas? The only thing I can tell you to do is support what the BP is trying to accomplish and if you're not happy with it then use your freedom to vote and give more funding to protect our home. I don't want to pay higher taxes but if it means we can start preventing this from becoming the norm, I'm all for it.
frustrated

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Mar 30, 2010
This is insane! No one seems to care about what goes on in our own country, border ranchers and farmers are in so much danger. I know of one that just saw 21 men cross his land with machine guns in broad daylight!!! How does a person defend against that? We need to stop ignoring the war that is going at our own backdoor!
lol

Farmington, NM

#14 Mar 30, 2010
lol

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15 Mar 30, 2010
Give Harry Teague a gun and put him on the border.
Del

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Mar 31, 2010
frustrated wrote:
This is insane! No one seems to care about what goes on in our own country, border ranchers and farmers are in so much danger. I know of one that just saw 21 men cross his land with machine guns in broad daylight!!! How does a person defend against that? We need to stop ignoring the war that is going at our own backdoor!
21 men with machine guns? I hope this was mentioned to the police, FBI or someone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

All Terrain Vehicles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens (Apr '09) Nov '14 Sspdiesel 65
Lawnpower2 Aug '14 Smile 1
Lawnmowerpower Aug '14 Smile 1
ATVing 'like a big family' Aug '14 usual suspects 1
Chineese ATV's (Jul '06) Jul '14 john 47
Controlling 'mudding' in Hobe Sound (May '14) May '14 Yipee 1
atv trails florida (Mar '06) Mar '14 Butterflygirl 757
More from around the web