ATV snow plows legal in Wisconsin

ATV snow plows legal in Wisconsin

There are 5 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 12, 2010, titled ATV snow plows legal in Wisconsin. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

All-terrain vehicle owners who use their ATVs to plow snow can do so legally in Wisconsin this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Mr Slippery

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 13, 2010
Are you kidding me? plowing snow with your ATV was against the law in Wisconsin?
And here I thought MN was the state where nothing was allowed!
NoSht

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Dec 13, 2010
If you go to South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota and a number of other places, you see 4 wheelers driven on the streets all the time. They don't have flashing yellow lights or range restrictions or anything like that. I don't read or hear about them being bumped off in any large numbers by other vechiles.
I think restricting ATVs has alot more to do with power and control by a overbearing state agenty than it does with safety and that includes both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
community conversations

Blue Earth, MN

#3 Dec 13, 2010
NoSht wrote:
If you go to South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota and a number of other places, you see 4 wheelers driven on the streets all the time. They don't have flashing yellow lights or range restrictions or anything like that. I don't read or hear about them being bumped off in any large numbers by other vechiles.
I think restricting ATVs has alot more to do with power and control by a overbearing state agenty than it does with safety and that includes both Minnesota and Wisconsin.
I was surprized a year ago while driving in Wyoming. Sitting at a redlight five ATV's pulled up along side me waiting for the light to turn. It all looked normal to me, but I am pro-ATV. In Minnesota the ATV's are considered farm implements, if you purchase a "Ag tag". I drive mine on the highways frequently, always carrying a shovel, so it looks like I am working (I learned this from MNDoT crews, always have a tool to lean on).
community conversations

Blue Earth, MN

#4 Dec 13, 2010
Why do we allow idiots on non-motorized bicycles on roads but not ATV's? Many ATV's will go faster than 60 mph.
Larry

United States

#5 Dec 13, 2010
Have Wisconsin officials weighed in on the whole "immoral relations with dead animals" thing yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

All Terrain Vehicles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chineese ATV's (Jul '06) May '16 Buddy 50
News Motorised vehicles could be allowed on Ottawa V... May '16 Lanark-Renfrew 4-... 1
atv trails florida (Mar '06) Dec '15 gunna 758
News 2 wounded, 5 in custody in 2 Hazleton shootings (Jul '15) Jul '15 Joe Maddon 1
News Illegal Alien Sends Border PatrolAgent to Hospi... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News Crocker Pond group seeks solutions to keep ATVs... (Jan '11) Mar '15 Tammy 19
News 5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens (Apr '09) Nov '14 Sspdiesel 65
More from around the web