Street legal? perhaps not an ATV taxi...

Street legal? perhaps not an ATV taxi service in Park City - The Park Record

There are 25 comments on the Park Record story from Jan 11, 2011, titled Street legal? perhaps not an ATV taxi service in Park City - The Park Record. In it, Park Record reports that:

Gary Moss, who lives in Park Meadows, wants to start a taxi service using all-terrain vehicles like the one on display.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Park Record.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
idiot

Milpitas, CA

#1 Jan 11, 2011
Great. just what we need in park city. Please keep the ATV crowd off the roads. We have enough dangerous drivers in their SUVs.
Parkite

Milpitas, CA

#2 Jan 11, 2011
Why not use a taxi for a taxi service? clearly, this guy has no idea what Park City is.
Park City Resident

Saint George, UT

#3 Jan 12, 2011
Cedar City allows ATVs on the streets and it's a beautiful college town much larger than Park City.
Overpriced and overrated

West Jordan, UT

#4 Jan 12, 2011
So we should aspire to be like Cedar City, I don't think so.
Bubba

Midway, UT

#5 Jan 12, 2011
Me thinks he should have got the permit before buying the ATV's. Not a good business decision. He can only blame himself for losing $2k to $3k per week.
old school pc

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jan 12, 2011
So it's 7 below zero and you want to crawl into an unheated, open atv and drive 30 miles an hour with the wind in your face to your condo? What a great idea...
DangGummintPinko s

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Jan 12, 2011
are interfering with this man's God-given right to drinve his four-wheel-drive anything anywhere!!!
Ranch Hand

Kamas, UT

#8 Jan 12, 2011
All he's got to do is hitch a horse to the ATV and he can "go for it!"
Bubba

Midway, UT

#9 Jan 13, 2011
Ranch Hand wrote:
All he's got to do is hitch a horse to the ATV and he can "go for it!"
Hahahahhah . Good one!
Deweys Bail Bonds

Ogden, UT

#10 Jan 13, 2011
This is right up there with the dumbest ideas ever in Park City- and that is really saying something. Way to go, Gary.
ahh good one

Salt Lake City, UT

#11 Jan 13, 2011
maybe gary could get a license to sell beer too, just like the golf carts do at the course. beers, 20-degree weather and touring pc on an atv. I'm in!!
MeMeMeMe

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Jan 13, 2011
What a tool. I love that he's 'being discriminated against' because the city hasn't agreed to change the rules and make his business legal. Perhaps that's something he should have looked into BEFORE spending the money.
Positive Energy

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Jan 13, 2011
UM, call me crazy but wouldn't you have your business idea approved, licensed, etc... before you spent $40k??
sheesh

Draper, UT

#14 Jan 13, 2011
this is really funny. talk about putting the cart before the horse.

i guess i will hold off on my hang-glider taxi business until this issue is resolved.

Gary,
if you want the idea approved, just offer to provide free rides around town to the recipients of low income housing.
nick

Park City, UT

#15 Jan 13, 2011
A rickshaw taxi service would be a better idea.
Parkite

Saint George, UT

#16 Jan 13, 2011
Rather have the ATV than the horse drawn carriage!
Deweys Bail Bonds

Ogden, UT

#17 Jan 14, 2011
I'm losing $20,000 per week because Park City won't let me operate a brothel. I plan to sue.
sheepleherder

West Jordan, UT

#18 Jan 14, 2011
maybe if he gave out free samples of whatever he's been smoking might get some riders-really losing 2-3k per week? like to see that marketing survey for the business plan.

“parkcitypatriots @yahoo.com ”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#19 Jan 17, 2011
you all seem to think this is a bad idea, so what, let the guy give it a go, if he fails it's his money, if he succeeds good for him. heck he could make a fortune just giving bikers a ride up the hills all summer, gary talk to the resorts one of them may be open to the idea, but mebe not.

the idea here people is that if it's not hurting anyone why should the government stand in the way instead of saying good luck?
Park City

Salt Lake City, UT

#20 Jan 18, 2011
Park City Patriots wrote:
you all seem to think this is a bad idea, so what, let the guy give it a go, if he fails it's his money, if he succeeds good for him. heck he could make a fortune just giving bikers a ride up the hills all summer, gary talk to the resorts one of them may be open to the idea, but mebe not.
the idea here people is that if it's not hurting anyone why should the government stand in the way instead of saying good luck?
Are the rigs he wants to use street legal and do they need to be licensed the same as a regular vehicle? I'm just curious..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

All Terrain Vehicles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chineese ATV's (Jul '06) May '16 Buddy 50
News Motorised vehicles could be allowed on Ottawa V... May '16 Lanark-Renfrew 4-... 1
atv trails florida (Mar '06) Dec '15 gunna 758
News 2 wounded, 5 in custody in 2 Hazleton shootings (Jul '15) Jul '15 Joe Maddon 1
News Illegal Alien Sends Border PatrolAgent to Hospi... (Jun '15) Jun '15 wild child 1
News Crocker Pond group seeks solutions to keep ATVs... (Jan '11) Mar '15 Tammy 19
News 5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens (Apr '09) Nov '14 Sspdiesel 65
More from around the web