As work slows, Plasan lays off 20 wor...

As work slows, Plasan lays off 20 workers

There are 19 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Sep 17, 2010, titled As work slows, Plasan lays off 20 workers. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

Plasan North America has cut 20 hourly workers as Department of Defense contracts for the armor-producing firm wind down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

done time in vermont

Queensbury, NY

#1 Sep 18, 2010
the headline should read ( 20 more sign up for food stamps ) in this good ole state

“ESSAYONS”

Since: Mar 09

Bennington, VT

#2 Sep 18, 2010
done time in vermont wrote:
the headline should read ( 20 more sign up for food stamps ) in this good ole state
I've got bad news for you Charlie Brown. Those lay-offs could happen in any state. Defense Department contract never last forever. In order for that to happen we need to start another war somewhere. Who do you think we should take on next?
Steve McQueen

Waltham, MA

#4 Sep 18, 2010
Hey "Done Time"... why don't you get your ignorant head out of your arse! 20 people just lost their jobs, and you have the audacity to seize the opportunity to make a jab at the food stamp system. I pray that you lose your job soon so you'll have to deal with the issues that countless Americans are dealing with. Grow up!
done time in vermont

Queensbury, NY

#5 Sep 18, 2010
haha, steve queen, i am actually smart enough to have a well paid union trade job!!! I pay for the food stamps and welfare, therefore, giving me the right to say whatever i want to. Try putting that on your EBT card!!!
done time in vermont

Queensbury, NY

#6 Sep 18, 2010
the way I see it, if you choose to live in that freakin state- then deal with the poverty and low paying jobs.needless to say , all the non-union employers!!!
LK Wolfsen

Bennington, VT

#7 Sep 18, 2010
the way I see it, if you choose to live in that freakin state- then deal with the poverty and low paying jobs.needless to say , all the non-union employers!!!
The jobs in VT are non-union because all of the union burdened companies couldn't afford to stay here. Look at Bijur and Johnson Controls as two examples.

“ESSAYONS”

Bennington, VT

#8 Sep 18, 2010
News flash Charlie Brown. I live and work in VT and I have a WELL PAYING UNION JOB. You should try doing some research before opening that pie hole of yours. There are more well paying jobs in VT than you think. Just not all of them in the Benningtonton area.

“ESSAYONS”

Bennington, VT

#9 Sep 18, 2010
LK Wolfsen wrote:
<quoted text>
The jobs in VT are non-union because all of the union burdened companies couldn't afford to stay here. Look at Bijur and Johnson Controls as two examples.
You site only two union employers that have left. The SMWIA represents workers of several companies in VT. And one is in Bennington.

“Proud American and Vermonter”

Since: Feb 09

Bennington

#10 Sep 18, 2010
haha, steve queen, i am actually smart enough to have a well paid union trade job!!! I pay for the food stamps and welfare, therefore, giving me the right to say whatever i want to. Try putting that on your EBT card!!!
Good for you, you have a well paid union trade job. But even you can loose your job. So get off your high horse and stop looking down on people who aren't just like you.
Warner Brothers Star

Orleans, VT

#11 Sep 18, 2010
Marky had a high paying union job. That's what got the company closed.
Joe

Chester, VT

#12 Sep 18, 2010
you tell em, everyone else is too stupid to get a union job because they take a lot of brains

did your daddy help you get it ?
Bad News

Concord, MA

#13 Sep 18, 2010
Terrible news for those who lost their jobs. Nobody's job is safe in this economy, not even Union workers. Best thing for the economy is more jobs and less unemployed workers. This problem obviously is not isolated to Bennington, not that it matters to those who just or are about to lose their jobs. Hope things get turned around for the better soon.

Done Time in Vermont.... no surprise there. I am guessing you're the most honest, professional, and hard working employee in your trade.

Since: Jan 09

Bennington, VT

#15 Sep 19, 2010
Native to New Hampshire wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got bad news for you Charlie Brown. Those lay-offs could happen in any state. Defense Department contract never last forever. In order for that to happen we need to start another war somewhere. Who do you think we should take on next?
Another war Korea or better yet Iran. That would be in a desert which is very hard on the vehicles. Plus it woud give a chance for all the Iran military officers who went to Norwich to show what they learned.

Since: Jan 09

Bennington, VT

#16 Sep 19, 2010
LK Wolfsen wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus the friends of labor in the Democrat party {CLINTON} signed NAFTA. PS don't forget Stanley Tool. Not just union look at NSK went to Tennessee could it be Denocrat high taxes?
sam i am

United States

#17 Sep 19, 2010
Cheap cheap profit. Rich. Asters
Steve McQueen

Brookline, MA

#18 Sep 20, 2010
You just don't get it.... you took a cheap shot using the jobs of 20 workers as ammo. Shameful. And I'm pretty sure having a "well paid union trade job" doesn't make you smarter, only more fortunate. I'm also pretty sure that having a "well paid union trade job" doesn't proclude you from ever being losing your source of income. Just saying.
Stoners Perspective

Marco, Italy

#19 Sep 20, 2010
j w mcsherry wrote:
<quoted text> Plus the friends of labor in the Democrat party {CLINTON} signed NAFTA. PS don't forget Stanley Tool. Not just union look at NSK went to Tennessee could it be Denocrat high taxes?
You have no roads You have no rails You have no rivers.
The future work force prospects look like zilch and real estate
costs are to high. NAFTA and politicians have nothing to do with it.
M-Class

Lake George, NY

#20 Sep 26, 2010
Yea !!! Thanks for helping our troops now good luck trying to find your next meal......

“Get off my lawn!”

Since: Jun 11

People's Republic of VT

#21 Feb 20, 2014
Warner Brothers Star wrote:
Marky had a high paying union job. That's what got the company closed.
Another score for Marky's principles!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

All Terrain Vehicles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crocker Pond group seeks solutions to keep ATVs... (Jan '11) Mar '15 Tammy 19
News 5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens (Apr '09) Nov '14 Sspdiesel 65
Lawnpower2 (Aug '14) Aug '14 Smile 1
Lawnmowerpower (Aug '14) Aug '14 Smile 1
News ATVing 'like a big family' (Aug '14) Aug '14 usual suspects 1
Chineese ATV's (Jul '06) Jul '14 john 47
News Controlling 'mudding' in Hobe Sound (May '14) May '14 Yipee 1
More from around the web