5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine bar...

5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens

There are 65 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 4, 2009, titled 5 arrested in ATV bust in NY pine barrens. In it, Newsday reports that:

Police say they've caught nearly a half-dozen dirt bikers and all-terrain vehicle riders cavorting in eastern Long Island 's environmentally sensitive pine barrens.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Zach manorville

West New York, NJ

#42 Feb 2, 2011
When I use to ride in the area behind king kullen on route 111 I always got the cops called on me but now there's some shopping center being built there? Really....
Now I go ridding and am constantly chased by crazy enviormentalists and cops.
So here's an idea I'm gunna start smoking crack and robbing houses and I'll probaly get bothered less then I do now. And if I ever have another crazy guy try to pull me off my quad while I'm ridding I will know him the fuck out.
Dickhead Amper

Trumbull, CT

#43 Feb 2, 2011
There's snow in the Pine Barren, all Long Islander's with snowmobiles should riding!
Where to go

Bronx, NY

#44 Mar 1, 2011
Where we suppose to go ride. Anyone still riding tbose areas get at me
Todd

Allentown, PA

#46 Aug 23, 2011
"With a name like Todd, he must ride an ATV"

Personally, I'm a dual sport man :)

I think we have the ability to share the 493,000 acres of PUBLICLY OWNED land. C'mon people. Different people enjoy different activities, don't hate on a group of riders that really doesn't affect your life at all
John Tiers

Bear, DE

#47 Oct 16, 2011
Great Job SCPD wrote:
Sometimes these thigs get out of hand and the
Parents can't control there Little ANGELS ?
The county should take all the bikes and ATV form them and destroy them !
Next time if there is a next time they will THINK
BEFORE THEY ACT ?
Yea thats a good idea we should just destroy their atvs are u kidding me all their doing is having fun what u want them to sit inside and play video games all day atleast their doing something with their time
Party Pete

United States

#48 Nov 16, 2011
The county should consider designating a piece of land specifically for off-road enthusiasts. After all, a lot of these riders are local tax payers.. it only makes sense.
Atv rider all day

Valley Stream, NY

#49 Jan 2, 2012
My ass evironmentally senstive pine barrens stop being a fricking idiot and let us ride somewhere in in this feucking stupid state! U know wat it is people like u who have nothing better to di with there life but complain about atv riders and there stinking grass!
Atv rider all day

Valley Stream, NY

#50 Jan 2, 2012
Lol ohhhh yeah big bust! She should be looking for drug dealers and murderers but yet there on quads chasing riders
Come catch me

Ardsley, NY

#51 Jun 22, 2012
Your a bunch of ignorant ppl who have no idea what your talking about. Atvs n dirtbikes should be the least of the scpd problems or anyone else's. I can guarentee there's more heroin addicts in your town than ppl who own atvs. Get a life n worry about real problems. Your miserable fucks, your just jealous someone is having a good time
Atvrida

East Moriches, NY

#52 Jun 25, 2012
U will never stop atv riders from riding u can complain all u want but we go far into the woods away for residential areas and we do not hurt the wildlife when we ride how about the police leave it alone or give us a place to ride jus because none of you people find it fun doesnt mean it's not a lifestyle fOr someone else have fun complaint we will always ride!!!!!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#53 Jun 25, 2012
rob wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he means he ran them over.
I dont think turkeys can drive quads.
LOL! Wanna bet?
rob sposito

Bayport, NY

#54 Mar 23, 2013
Dickhead Amper wrote:
Could somebody explain how the riding of a dirt bike or ATV is going to have an adverse effect on the ground water below a bunch of scrub oak and scrub pines?
that's because nys can't charge for it so they make it against the law.
Omg

Union City, NJ

#55 Apr 2, 2013
ATV riding is a sport it is called motocross youths teens and adults also enjoy this sport So it should be allowed in designated areas I do not like golf golf is Not my thing but how many golf courses does Long Island have Golf may not be the loudest sport but do you know how many times I've seen golf balls fly over that stupid net break windshields causeing car crash Who's to say some prick kid isn't doing it on purpose Yes quads are loud that's just the sport And nobody said you have to like it just like nobody tells me I have to like golf Too many people hate on Quad riding Maybe it's the fact that they can't afford a quad and have some fun maybe they don't know how to ride one Whatever the fact may be I can't play golf for shit And I'm not running down to the town telling these guys take a hike because they just broke my windshield All you ATV riders we need to stand strong and ride
Omg

Union City, NJ

#56 Apr 2, 2013
rob sposito wrote:
<quoted text> that's because nys can't charge for it so they make it against the law.
. And you know the funny thing is if the county charged say you know hundred bucks a day to ride it would be Kind of a good way of helping the economy But I know they see if the other way around they make double the money impounding your quad in five minutes And possibly sending your ass to jail lol
JJJ

Norwalk, CT

#57 May 9, 2013
So I just got a great deal on a quad from a relative,so Im looking for a place to ride in Suffolk County.
Could anyone help me out?
Jay

Kings Park, NY

#58 May 21, 2013
Great Job SCPD wrote:
BEFORE THEY ACT ?
wtf type of PHYSCHO are you just let kids have fun and be kids & if you destroy there stuff and than they will rage more and than you will have a bigger problem on your hands .. So how about STFU and let kids be kids :)
people like you

Yaphank, NY

#59 Jul 18, 2013
Great Job SCPD wrote:
BEFORE THEY ACT ?
old douchbags like you should go crawl back in your mothers hole!so since kids are in the woods and having fun riding there atvs we should lock them up and take there atvs? remember one thing once there fun is taken from them is when your windows start getting broken there hanging out in the streets blocking traffic,throwing rocks at cars see where this is going! or better yet with all there new free time then could explore drugs amongst other things then start robbing houses. you sound like that asshole bloomburg.keep your ideas and opinions to yourself.
Alexandre Haussmann

Port Washington, NY

#60 Aug 14, 2013
Great Job SCPD wrote:
BEFORE THEY ACT ?
you're so right they should be out smoking weed and underage drinking like a majority of people their age.
Your

Melville, NY

#61 Dec 15, 2013
Dirtbags wrote:
They have (or now had) a place to ride out there.
Once again the cannot hold themselves back and must trespass on private property.
You should see the damage they have done in a short period.
Your a Jackass, i'd love to tear up your lawn dickhead. Your an ignorant schmuck making blanket statements
Dickhead Amper

Newtown, CT

#62 Dec 16, 2013
Just ride the Pine Barrens, you won't hurt the environment, the cops really don't care, and if you happen to mow down a deer or two that's OK too!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Extreme Sports Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All-In-One Endurance Sports Supplement Formula Jun 8 midknight1510 1
News Motorised vehicles could be allowed on Ottawa V... May '16 Lanark-Renfrew 4-... 1
Created an extreme sports app, tell me what you... Apr '16 exscene 1
News Job Corps expels 4 students (May '07) Mar '16 B_P_F_L 1,092
News Skaters have glowing words for new San Bernardi... (Jul '10) Mar '16 Wakeup 19
New indoor skydive tunnel in the Netherlands Feb '16 Jorrit Voorn 1
News Athens considering sanctions to deal with skate... (Apr '07) Oct '15 Ckim617 10
More from around the web